Skip to content

Werewolves keep killing me in circus tent! Have AI off. Please help!

I am stuck in the circus tent unable to get past the first set of werewolves after going up the stairs to the north. I have AI off but they keep killing me with one hit. How do I get past them to get to Kalah? Thanks.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure I've seen this before and it is a bug, I can't seem to find the previous post though.

Found it;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/454386#Comment_454386

And more officially here;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27588/gorion-shot-first-ipad-v1-2-2031-beta-report
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    I think it might be a bug where they kill you with a vorpal attack (the werewolves shouldn't damage you at all if you don't attack them first).
    I'm afraid I don't know what the solution is but there is another thread around here about it somewhere which might help.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I came on this during beta testing as well. I was able to get past it but it took a lot of buffing, a lot of lucky rolls and a lot of reloading. @dee, is there maybe a corrected creature file for the werewolves we can try dumping into the portraits folder to see if that helps?
  • smithcl2014smithcl2014 Member Posts: 6
    So I found this comment on the page you gave me decado -"Hmm I think those illusionary werewolves are given a bugged weapon that insta-kills. Find that weapon file from a working mac or pc version and drop the file into portraits folder on Ipad via Ifunbox. That should solve the problem. (the weapon file is named ILLUSION, I think, since that's what those werewolves are equipped with when I look them up via SK)".
    I don't have a Mac or PC version to get the weapon file from and I have no idea what ifunbox is. Do you know how to do this? Thanks.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    As I said in that thread, it's not a big deal to avoid being killed by the werewolf.
    Summon some creature and use them as bait, while your party use ranged weapon.
    Use buff like protection from evil, defensive harmony, speed etc.
    It should not be impossible.
    In the upper level aim only kalah with ranged weapon and magic missile, he should die in one or two round and the battle is over.
    Shouldn't True Sight dispel them pretty quickly (not sure if it works on Kalah's illusions?) If it does summon some monsters as bait and then true sight the hell out of them.

I'm not a Apple user so don't know anything about how it was fixed. I assume iFunbox was used to pick and the save game and drop it onto a Mac, then played through on the Mac before transferring the save back to the iPad.

http://www.i-funbox.com/
  • smithcl2014smithcl2014 Member Posts: 6
    Pibaro thanks for the comment . I'm fairly new to this game; last time I played BG was in 2000 and I never beat it. I will try what you're saying and see if it helps. Thanks
    Decado- thanks for the information. I think that is what ifunbox is for. I will have a friend help me do it at home. Thanks.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Yeah @decado True Sight is the easy way to complete the circus, I used it every time during my play throughs of the original BGII
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    But unless you play an inquisitor or a priest of helm you probably won't have true sight if you enter straight from the dungeon...
    Or get a scroll.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    @Skaffen - fair point
  • mrmtmrmt Member Posts: 10
    This is a pretty game destroying bug. I stumbled into the tent, and the werewolves massacre my party in a couple of hits. It's game over, and I've barely begun. Very weak... And I don't suppose there's any chance of this being fixed after all these years.
    Skaffen
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    It was never there as far as I know, must have somehow creot into the ipad version. But I understand your frustration.
  • mrmtmrmt Member Posts: 10
    I have tried all the solutions mentioned here. No dice. The thief is killed pretty much the second we warp in. Casting spells takes too long. I cannot progress until this bug is fixed.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Gate70 Is this being looked at? The issue keeps arising since Ipad release and only on Ipads. I suppose there's something very wrong going on with the 0 dmg weapon on Ipad version.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @mrmt
    Who are your party members?
    I know it's an annoying bug, but I also know that it will take time before they can solve it, and I could easily beat the werewolves, so everybody can beat them.
    So tell me everything you can, and we'll figure out a way to resolve the problem.
    Does your thief have any Detect Illusions? If so chug an Invisibility potion and have your thief basically follow them around until they vanish.

Or have your whole party invisible and simply walk up to the top level. There is still one in there though IIRC so bum rush Kalah.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    Lets consolidate discussion to thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29183/getting-insta-killed-in-circus-tent

Closing/Locking this one so we can keep discussion in one location.
This discussion has been closed.