Skip to content

Aerie disappeared

hmalaudhmalaud Member Posts: 12
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
Lastly, I removed Aerie from my group, but only to temporary means. When I got back at the circus tent in Waukeen's promenade, I wasn't able to find her, nor in the direct surroundings of the tent.
Maybe she is hidden somewhere else (I already checked the copper coronet and the place where I dropped her), but I can't figure out where. Any help is welcome (shadowkeeper or cheatcodes allowed).

Thanks by advance
Post edited by hmalaud on

Comments

• ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    was she dissatisfied with you or your group? how did you dismiss her? in some ocasions, depending on your dialogue options, she may leave your group and never come back!
  • hmalaudhmalaud Member Posts: 12
    No, she was pleased with my party (Reputation Heroic, party members do not interfere with her, except for Jaherai sometimes), and told me she would wait for me at the circus when leaving.
    I left her for Valygar in his house in Umar hills.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    You monster! Amn is a dangerous land, and you sent a vulnerable young girl to trek all the way back to Athkatla by herself?! She could've been attacked by all manner of evil and monstrocities, maybe Imprisoned by a random Lich, or taken by a dragon, who have a thing against the Avariel. RIP Aerie, may you find a more compassionate Charname for the next playthrough.

Seriously though... that kinda sucks. Were u romancing Aerie? I'm not sure, but I think if u remove her during a romance, under certain circumstances, she might leave forever. Or... it might just be a bug, in which case I'm sure somebody can tell you how to console her back in.

CrevsDaakShareazu
    Hahaha, thanks Heindrich, I just figured a lvl 15 mage/priest could make her way home without help ;)
    I was not romancing her (romance status is set to 3 when I look in Shadowkeeper). I googled the ways to spawn a character via the console, but couldn't find a workaround, she's always spawning as an ogre (the one she is in the circus before you complete the quest).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Hindrich1988 sure she used an illegal Dimension Door to avoid the trouble!
    @hmalaud spawn her outside the Circus Tent and if it does not work use CTRL+R on her and also try with CTRL+D, CTRL+Q will make her join your party.
    @CrevsDaak Thanks, but how can I spawn her? I tried the createCreature('Aerie[some numbers]') but never got the right character.
    @hmalaud try with C:CreateCreature("AERIE##") the number is the level she is going to have, (only levels 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, 12 is from ToB) I recommend setting her XP to the XP she had (sorry but I can't recall the XP tables for that multiclass right now), but she should be around 4,5 Millions if she had more than lvl 14 Mage. If you had so much XP summon the ToB version and give her a little more XP with C:SetCurrentXP("") but watch out, this SETS the XP to the selected party members, so only select Aerie.
    Heindrichhmalaud
    @CrevsDaak Ok, I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks a lot!
    CrevsDaak
    edited January 2014
    @hmalaud your welcome, it is impressive (for myself) how in a month after activating the CLUAConsole I already know almost all the expressions :P
    EDIT: you should move this thread to Not An Issue by editing the first post and changing the category.
    @CrevsDaak But is it really "not an issue" since the disappearing of a character with no reason is not really an expected behavior?
    edited January 2014
    @hmalaud she said she will wait at the Circus or only that she was going to leave? I did not catch that, sorry :/
    No, it is a bug if she disappears AFTER telling you she'll wait at the Circus. I never used her in my party so I can't confirm.
    @CrevsDaak Indeed, she says she'd wait for me at the circus and when going there to recruit her, she is not there, as she should be.
    CrevsDaak
    @hmalaud oh, my bad! So... I'll call @Troodon80 but firsst the questions!
    Was your game modded (if yes, tell which mods)?
    And nothing else!
    @CrevsDaak No mods installed ;)
    @hmalaud OK, so there is nothing more I can do, try the fix I say before if you wish.
    @Illydth I'll let you handle this.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @hmalaud, can you upload a save game?
    Here it goes. I joined a .zip since .sav and .gam are not allowed.
    @hmalaud you've left her with the Staff of the Magi equipped and she turned invisible :P, this should be moved to not an issue. Go and use the Item Ability that reveals invisibility (Invisibility Purge won't work with this) William (your PC) has on the middle of the tent, it should reveal Aerie.
    Don't worry, don't feel bad, I did the same with Edwin, and to detect him I used a fireball :P, it was easier :P
    HeindrichhmalaudTroodon80
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

Hahaha!! Aerie was playin' with u all along! Didn't know she was so mischievous! XD

This is golden!

And yah... welldone Crevs, good job. And yeah, no need to feel bad, I guess I avoided this by simply never removing her from the party cos I was romancing her.

edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak God! I used reveal invisibility because I thought it could be it, but I would never have imagined the item ability would have a different effect.. Thanks A LOT!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2014
    @hmalaud,

Aerie is located in the circus tent, she's just invisible due to the Staff of the Magi. You can see where she is because you cannot click on that spot (see attached image).

I can make her visible and remove the staff without needing to modify the save game in any way, but you will need to tell me who to remove from the party. The only other way would be to use something like EE Keeper to remove the Staff of the Magi from Aerie in the Out of Party editor. The latter would mean that your save game becomes modded and is suspect in future bug reports. Or use the item ability as CrevsDaak mentioned.

It's a pretty serious issue since it most likely applies to anyone who uses that sort of invisibility — the staff or other item that has invisibility when equipped. This is an intentional effect of the item, though. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it.

@SethDavis, @AlexT, @Avenger_teambg, thoughts?
    hmalaud
    edited January 2014
    @Troodon80 CrevsDaak's alternative worked, I'll stick to that for now, but I have to admit this is an unexpected way to recover a character ^^
    I'm changing the topic to not an issue, thanks for everyone's help and support!
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    It was reported in the bugtracker as issue 7091 some time ago.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @Troodon80: Looks like, according to the note on 7091, this is expected behavior and the trick @CrevsDaak identifies above is the "right" way to fix this.

@hmalaud: Closing as "not an issue".
    @Illydth I thought I already did, sorry if I didn't.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    You did, I missed it. :)
    edited January 2014
    @Illydth a quick fix for this: Add this to the NPCs' BCS and it will work fine (sorry but I am out of time to do it with care, errors ahead!)

IF
    !InParty // if she is in the party or it shes not
    HasItemEquiped(STAF11,Myself) // if she has the SotM equipped or no
    AreaCheck(AR0509) // if she is in the Circus tent, lets say this is Aeries BCS
    InMyArea([PC]) // if the PC is there or is hes not there
    THEN
    GiveItem(STAF11,[PC]) // this gives the staff to the PC IDK if this makes another SotM or it gives the PC
    // the one Aerie has I know the spell casting part of the BCS much more I should look into this
    END
    OK, I know this is because a fast party dropping action was occurring, but it could happen to everyone, I remember Edwin pursuing me for HOURS and I couldn't kill him because I didn't know how, I was in the pocket plane and I recruited him to look if he was more OP than his SoA version (and he was), but I gave him some stuff and I forgot :P
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    This could be solved by marking the Staff of the Magi as a critical item which would force NPCs to always return it to the protagonist before leaving the party.

However, as a side effect the staff would become unsellable.
    CrevsDaakTroodon80
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure we followed the BD/Fixpack convention of making SotM's invisibility dispellable, for just this reason.

edit: I mean dispel literally, e.g. Dispel Magic. A lot of the anti-invis spells don't actually work on neutrals.
    CrevsDaakTroodon80
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    You can always unequip the staff before dropping Aerie out. I don't consider this a bug.
    Troodon80