Skip to content

So Jaheira killed Khalid... (Party AI question?)

In my new playthru I am a CG gnome illusionist/thief, I wanted a party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Ajantis, Branwen, and Rasaad. Well until I buffed my main guys up a bit I picked up Khalid and Jaheira until I was ready for the Gnoll Stronghold (despite how easy it is).

When I got to Nashkel and entered the inn, I proceeded to fight Neira, which was a rather drawn out battle that went through the whole inn, the exact events were a bit of a blur, I had party AI on and Ajantis was my party leader (for the CHA). Khalid, Rasaad, and Ajantis had Fighter Agressive Script, while Jaheira had Fighter Defensive Script.

Anyway after the battle I left the inn and attempted to quicksave but it wouldn't let me, I unpaused and saw Jaheira start bashing Khalid. Weird I thought, I told her to stop... which lasted for about a second before she very nearly beat him to death. I quickly turned off Party AI and she stopped. I figured this would be a good a place as any to drop them off since I was about to pick up Minsc anyway, so I reformed my party and left them behind. I'm still wondering what happened though?

The only thing I can think may have happened is some kind of charm or berserk spell hit Khalid, he attacked Ajantis, and Jaheira having the Defensive script tried to kill him due to him being party leader.

Has anyone had AI glitches like this before? I'm more amused than anything but a little concerned if such an event were to occur again. Khalid and Jaheira both had no current debuffs and were fully under my control (so to speak) when this happened, I thought Party AI only targetted allies who were under charm or confuse effects?

Comments

• BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    Sounds like someone got hit be Neira's Rigid Thinking. You're lucky they didn't start murdering commoners and killing your rep.
    HeindrichJuliusBorisovNecdilzor
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    That's just really funny!
    jackjack
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I don't think it's a glitch, probably rigid thinking. Confusion/Chaos'd NPCs will randomly attack whoever is closest too, friend or foe.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned,"
    meaglothnanobooinyoureyes
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Could be a bug. Do you have a save from before you entered the inn?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Maybe she caught him checking out Branwen.
    elminsterbooinyoureyes
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    It's quite possible she got Rigid Thinking, Something I noticed later when I slept I got a dream sequence and... Larloch's Minor Drain... I was a bit confused so I checked my reputation.... it was 8... very strange considering I'd already done a few good deeds and started chaotic good. My conclusion is someone must have killed a commoner in the inn during that fight (I seem to recall a rather lifeless looking patron in a chair) so maybe that is the cause of it.

I won't go out of my way trying to repeat it but I'm thinking it's most likely a problem with the AI wanting to make her attack whoever attacked party leader, even though he's technically "better now"
    Really, Khalid was pretty lucky. A fine oak staff can crush a skull from only inches away.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Hmmm, maybe a script change can make those pesky trips to the Basilisk area unnecessary. ;-)
    jackjack
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    If Jaheria and Khalid enjoy a bit of BDSM in their relationship, who are we to judge.
    jackjackMontresor_SPbooinyoureyeslolien
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited January 2014
    One of the things that irks me about the scripts is that if AI is on, and a Charmed character attacks one of your characters, that character will fight back.
    IE : Charmed Aerie uses sling on minsc ? Minsc comes in and minces poor girl to cat food without me even giving him the order to.
    Aranthys said:

One of the things that irks me about the scripts is that if AI is on, and a Charmed character attacks one of your characters, that character will fight back.
    IE : Charmed Aerie uses sling on minsc ? Minsc comes in and minces poor girl to cat food without me even giving him the order to.

The AI pulling stunts like that is one of the few reasons I will reload in a no-reload run.
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Bigfish said:

Really, Khalid was pretty lucky. A fine oak staff can crush a skull from only inches away.

I bet it crushes the skull even better with direct contact.