STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
+4 hit points
+1 Charisma bonus
Armor Class: -1
Weight: 50
Requires: 15 Strength

I get this:
I wish I could, Raelis, but I am just another moth come too close to your flame. To love you is to smother that flame in my own death. I shall not do it.

In EEKeeper, I saw the same problems with Red Dragon Scales, Plate of the Dark +1, Pride of the Legion +2 (both Plat05 and CHALARM item code versions) and Protector of the Second. Each has different descriptions, but they are all from the gaining the Bard's Stronghold quest. It seems to give the bonuses even if you can't see them, though.

Comments

• Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
    I just get BG2EE, so I have no idea if it's a patch problem, but it is modded. I have Item Upgrade, some of the fixes from the Gibberings3 Fixpack, and Dungeons-be-Gone
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Installing BG2 Fixpack was a big mistake, especially if you installed the "text update" component, since you overwrote proper BG2EE texts with wrong ones (not suitable for BG2EE, although they were for BGII). You shall not use BG2 Fixpack with BG2EE, most fixes are already included (some of them in a different way, depending on game engine changes).
    Still I don't understand how the overwritten texts can be *that* wrong so as to replace an item description with a dialog option.
    Correction, I'm using just the tweak pack (although I did install them in the wrong order, I think). And continuing on in playing, some of the dialogue choices are changed as well, for example gaining the ranger stronghold.
    It's not just armor description. There are a few points where the dialogue is screwed up as well. And, atleast in EEKeeper, that problem affects my BG game as well. The only thing I have installed for BG is the Tweak Pack.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Admiral_Thrawn could you upload your weidu.log in a rar/zip file? It should be in the same directory than the chitin.key.
    @Gate70 you should ask for the Beta Tester badge, you don't seem to have it :)
    here they are. I think
    @Admiral_Thrawn I think that BG2tweak pack is for BG2 vanilla, and the game is modded AND in my copy and others it shows up well.
    @Illydth @Troodon80 not an issue.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It appears fine for me, and mods are known to occasionally mess up string references. Moving for now. If you encounter this issue on a clean and unmodified installation, please report back. :-)