Skip to content

#7470 [CORE] - Sword of Balduran... Green?

WillyML4WillyML4 Member Posts: 9
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Saw something weird, but I'm not sure if it's a bug/glitch or intentional design. I picked up the Sword of Balduran (long sword) at the Adventure Mart from Deidre, and when I equipped it to my charname, it stood out. All of the handle, to the tip of the blade is bright neon green. I've never picked up this sword before, so I don't know if it was like this in the original. If it was, is there any way of changing it? It really stands out, and breaks immersion.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you have any mods installed?
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Just my two sense, there is a chance that I am completely wrong. When something was a bright lime green in some older games, that meant that the sprite/image was corrupted. This might be a possibility, haven't bought the Sword of Balduran to check it out yet.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    It was neon green in vanilla BG2 as well so I'm guessing it is intentional.
  • WillyML4WillyML4 Member Posts: 9
    @Dee
    I have Unfinished Business, BG2 tweaks, and some character mods, but nothing I think that should affect the Sword of Balduran. From what I can tell, it's not negatively impacting my game.

@hook71
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the case. Still, it's pretty jarring, considering how much it sticks out.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, it's meant to glow like that.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Evidently, this is an entirely different weapon from the Sword of Balduran in BG1 (which was a gold anti-lycanthrope sword). I guess the guy must've had more than one sword...
  • PugrogPugrog Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    After equipping this sword it has had a permanent affect on my offhand - possibly a bug. Ever since I equipped it once any weapon I put in my off hand glows green - completely neon if it is a plain weapon, partially if it is a magic glowing ( ie FOA is gold with a neon handle and Arbane is red with a neon handle. ). Sometimes the neon-ness will carry over to my main hand as well, even after unequippping balduran, leaving my kensai with two katanas looking like a d*mn Jedi.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Pugrog said:

After equipping this sword it has had a permanent affect on my offhand - possibly a bug. Ever since I equipped it once any weapon I put in my off hand glows green - completely neon if it is a plain weapon, partially if it is a magic glowing ( ie FOA is gold with a neon handle and Arbane is red with a neon handle. ). Sometimes the neon-ness will carry over to my main hand as well, even after unequippping balduran, leaving my kensai with two katanas looking like a d*mn Jedi.

@Illydth @Troodon80 I just reported this as issue 7470.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Pugrog: One of the developers REALLY likes StarWars. It's a feature...really. :) (*j/k*)

Tagging for 7470.