Skip to content

Did anyone beat Dragomir in a fair fight?

Comments

• BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Whenever heading into a crypt area I always prepare protection from negative energy. I popped that on my two front liners at the start, then put up the rest of my usual suite of protections and started in with the offensive spells when that was done. We dusted Dragomir in trice.

Blue
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Was playing a Blackguard with Lilacor, getting constantly healed from Viconia gave me enough health to beat him down. Don't think any other weapons I had were working. Then I identified the scroll.....

Does poison work on Vampires. I thought they were immune?

They should be immune.
  • GarvielGarviel Member Posts: 1
    I killed him without any trouble what so ever.

But at that point i had two +2 warhammers so he sorta just died.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014
    Question: I saw from the story that he is a vampire but I fought against some kind of cambion figure. He never drained levels. Did I go in too early and he was an easier model?
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    MacHurto said:

Question: I saw from the story that he is a vampire but I fought against some kind of cambion figure. He never drained levels. Did I go in too early and he was an easier model?

Well, shoot. Maybe I didn't need to protect myself against level drain after all. I guess those shades/shadows earlier in the crypt made me jumpy.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    There's someone you fight earlier (when you click the tomb and travel through it to a small room) who can indeed level drain. Shadows just drain strength temporarily.
    jackjack
  • FlowFlow Member Posts: 21
    Shadow fiends drain levels though.
    The most annoying part is they look the same!

I get a higher difficulty level you can meet the fiends.
    I don't believe Shadow Fiends drain levels, no. If they do, I've never seen it and I've killed a *lot* of them. They can Hold you if you don't save vs death though. They are sometimes accompanied by wraiths, and I believe they can drain levels.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Funny story: My first time fighting him my blade turned him into a statue with a chromatic orb witht he first shot. I was like "well, that was anti-climatic". Then Hexxat was all like "where's my cloak?".
    So I reloaded and he just destroyed everyone again and again. I was going to give up but then Keldorn finally got him.
    Nonnahswriter[Deleted User]
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    Is using protection from undead considered as cheating?
    I don't think so. Besides, you'll have to use one for each party member or he will just focus on those that are not protected.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    It's not considered cheating, but it is considered a waste :p
    (I know, no price is too steep for your life...)
    booinyoureyes
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Dorn, meet Sword of Chaos and Oil of Speed. Now go kill that bastard.

"It shall be even bloodier than you hoped!"

(Man, I miss that line.)

"Oy! What're the rest o' us gonna do then, eh!?"

Oh, Korgan? You, uh... When Dorn gets low on health, you step in and be a meat-puppet. Viconia, you heal Dorn back up to full. I'll distract him with some Acid Arrows and Magic Missiles. Hopefully the acid damage will wear him down for a time...

"What... What should I do...?"

Hexxat... You just sit there and look pretty.

"Sou desu ne?"

You too, Yoshi.
    [Deleted User]
  • artyomartyom Member Posts: 26
    your mage can solo the thing. Stoneskin and mirror image and have some immunity against his charm (lvl 5 cleric spell called chaos or smth). My multiclass f/c/m soloed it without damage taken on insane right after irenicus's dungeon cuz i wanted the bag of holding.
    Needless to say, it was alot harder with a party of 6 where I didnt have someone with mirro/stoneskin/chaos to infa tank the thing.
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    Ha, yeah so played though second time, now on insane, had Dorn and was a total walk in the park. Was probably the hardest fight I came across on my original play though...but only because I had no +2 weapons.
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    It was a pretty tough fight. I have played BGEE several times but never BG2EE, and I think I did Korgan's quest first. After I finished that I went into Dragomir's tomb. None of my melee characters had a +2 weapon, so I had to use Hexxat with a +2 short sword and Aerie's spells. I had Anomen use DUHM and Spiritual Hammer after he cast a few spells of his own. I beat it on my first try though.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Flow said:

Shadow fiends drain levels though.
    The most annoying part is they look the same!

I get a higher difficulty level you can meet the fiends.

Shadow fiends don't drain AFAIK but if you go really late you meet Devil Shades that certainly do.
  • keltarkingkeltarking Member Posts: 53
    I just beat his ass to a proverbial pulp. He charmed Korgan for most of the fight but otherwise he was easy enough, and I'm not very far along in the game. Now if I can just get Hexxat to join my group...
  • bladefistbladefist Member Posts: 10
    Whenever I run into undead/shadow anything in a dungoen, I summon 5 skeleton warriors. They were all still alive by the time I got to Dragomir so I sent them in followed by a hasted Dorn and Korgan. He killed 2 skellies before Dorn ripped the whey faced cur apart.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @keltarking You do know that Korgan is a berserker and raging makes him immune to charm, right? :)
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Killed him within moments. He did 0 hp dmg.
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    It took me a while, because I only had one +2 weapon at the time. But I had a potent arsenal of spells that got the job done. It was a decent challenge, considering that it was the second quest I had ever done in that game.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Maybe i should add i was very well armed and armored and level 20ish
    MacHurtojackjack
  • keltarkingkeltarking Member Posts: 53
    @Skaffen I know, but I didn't need to use it.
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    My Blade killed him with the dagger +2 that drops in his tomb. Luckily she was proficient in it as it took a while - I slowed him and he had trouble hitting her though.
    [Deleted User]
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited August 2014
    Did the fight yesterday and I have to agree with alot of what is said here. Dorn and Minsc are very useful, as is the Scroll of Protection from Undead. Just being lazy and not wanting to go back and get Haste for Aeire, I used a Potion of Speed on Clare and Minsc, and gave the scroll to my character. Minsc's Berserk state grants him immunity from the domination, and if you get a slow spell off on Dragomir he is a dead duck, but this fight certainly helps with a strong fighter with 2 proficiency slots in two-handed weapons (and they'll need some heals, he hits hard). I found that Dragomir's AI is much smarter as I was experimenting with different tactics than is usually the case. He only wastes his domination on someone worth using it on, and he won't just be lured automatically into traps (though it can be done). He also purposefully avoids attacking whoever used the scroll. Almost seems like the EE team made this fight more like a SCS fight than anything else.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I used a Blackguard PC with Oil of Speed, DUHM (I think?), and Sword of Chaos. I didn't even register any difficulty, though I had more trouble with my Monk runthrough that I played later.
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    I just killed him on my 3rd attempt. My biggest problem was his dire charm, which would pretty much guarantee one of my party members die since i couldnt uncharm him. So I decided to have Kargan use his skill Enrage, we nullified that problem, sent him head first. Then just made sure to haste my party and he went down in like 10-15 seconds.

Though most of the weapons I was using wasnt working
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Korgan+IH+Berserk+Stonefire=Works like a charm.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2015
    It's been a while and I don't remember the fight exactly, but I used protection from evil, chant and haste to buff my party, used doom, malison and disabling spells on Dragomir like Glitterdust, blind and slowed, used magic missiles to prevent him getting of disabling spells on my own party, then hacked him to death with those characters (mostly Minsc with Lilacor) that where able to damage him.

After I found out what kind of fight it would be, I chose my tactics and in the second try I beat him.