Skip to content

Map bug: After talking to NPC's new areas don't show up on map.

I think this began after Neera's cutscene where she saves a child from thayans, she told me I could find her at the "Wild Forest", and then she disappeared. When i checked the map i didn't see any new areas, so I tried navigating from the city gate thinking it would enable me to see the forest, but it didn't. As the character was an addition to the original game i didn't mind the bug much and went on playing, but after some while when i went to trademeet and accepted a quest with the skinwalker and Rajiek (the skinner) capturing a couple, after the dialogue in which the boy says i should go to the forests southwest of the place, there was no new area on my map, either. I think my map is "held" and will not generate any new areas from now on. In this save file you can see the map with missing icons and the quests in the journal. Using the area code for the Wid Forest I managed to travel there with the console command (Thanks Gate70 http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25539/neera-map-bug) but the icon is still missing. Until the problem is fixed, i kindly ask you to either provide me with a file which makes the whole map visible for me, or all of the area codes for the areas i am currently missing. If there is a solution by editing a certain file I think i can manage with a few instructions from you.

I hope i was clear enough, i did two hours of research on the subject but couldn't find any fixes and/or area codes for the rest of the map, so any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Ardasevanos, as far as the Skinner quest in concerned, there is no new area. When you approach the western gates and head south to the tent, there is a character there who will/should initiate dialogue. There is actually no forest, nor a new area on the map for that.

The issue with the areas not showing up has not yet been reported. I'll take a look. :-)
  • ArdasevanosArdasevanos Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply Troodon80, I didn't think it was in the same map, I'll check it out in a minute. Though I'm definitely sure Neera's area didn't show up, if i'm correct it should be next to the watcher's keep, right? I see nothing there.
    @Ardasevanos, Neera's area is, indeed, not showing up. I'm still looking into that.
    Ardasevanos
    Great! Eagerly waiting for you. Completed that skinner quest by the way, yes it didn't require me to travel, thanks again.
    edited December 2013
    Alright i'll answer your questions:
    1- Yes it does.
    2- No, the game doesn't have anything overwritten, nor is it modded.
    3- Yes, it's a new SoA game from scratch, no savegames imported, created a new character.

and the save file is singleplayer.

I can enter the area (wild forest) with the commands you have previously given but it seems i must go to another area linking to that one, right (broken bridge?)? I have explored the whole forest but couldn't find the camp. If i have to go to a different place for the camp, I can't see it either.

EDIT: Well, yes, after watching a walkthrough of wild forest area i realised that after crossing the bridge I should see another part unlocked on my map named "The Hidden Refuge" if i'm not mistaken, it is not there, either.
    Post edited by Ardasevanos on
    Thank you very much @Gate70, and I just had a flashback, before i downloaded BGIIEE I had this toon on usual bg2, and i imported THAT savegame into EE edition, I'm sorry i couldn't remember this before, is there a way to fix the problem now as the possibilities are narrowed down? Any files I can edit?
    edited December 2013
    Looks as though the areas are actually missing from the world map file. Did this save game come from an iPad version, by any chance? Edit: if this is an imported game, then I have no idea. A new world map should be generated when you start a new game.

It sounds like a code problem rather than a script problem, though, so there's little I can do to diagnose it. @Avenger_teambg, any idea as to why are the DLC areas would disappear?

@Ardasevanos, I have attached a save game which should fix the problem for you. Unfortunately, that doesn't help with finding out what caused it. If you encounter any problem with it, do please let me know via PM.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Yep! The problem is solved! Thank you, @Troodon80 and @Gate70, you guys are great! Oh and I think the cause of the problem was simply having a save of BGII and putting it in BGIIEE, thanks again.
    @Ardasevanos, okay, just to clarify the issue here. Did you import from BG2, or did you start a game in BG2 and just copy that game to the BG2:EE save directory? If you did actually copy it rather than importing and starting a new game, that would explain it.
    @Troodon80 Unfortunately I just "copied" it as i didn't know an alternative such as importing was available, so i guess it's just a stupid error on my part :).

Another trivial problem still persists, though. I just need an area code please, I used the codes @Gate70 mentioned earlier but they don't include the small Thayan enclave in waukeen's promenade (Neera's questline), It is inaccessable for me as it says it sells sundries and stuff, guess it is because i used the non-enhanced save file. Oh I am sure I am at the right door as It had a bouncer in front of it.
    @Ardasevanos, good to know.

The Thayan enclave is OH6300.
  • LinraenLinraen Member Posts: 2
    Same problem here - a save game copied from original BG2... I'd hate to restart the game at this point and can't seem to find out how to manually unlock locations on the world map.

If someone could please advise or help me? =(

Here's the save file.
    @Linraen, I didn't see you post before now. I'll get that fixed tomorrow, unless you carried on with the game and have a more recent one. :-)
  • LinraenLinraen Member Posts: 2
    I actually just used the concole command to jump between locations. Apart from a few minor glitches (like appearing in the wrong corner of the Thayan enclave), everything seems fine so far. =)

So don't worry about fixing it, but still thank you! =)

Unless of course there's some issue that can't be sidestepped with console command traveling. I've done Neera's and Rasaad's quests, so they seem fine. I trust Dorn's will work, too.