Skip to content

Bizarre Accents

2»

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited February 2014
    Am I the only one who finds Safana's voice attractive. :(

Saaaame voice actress as Adalon. And that one stock voice that I really like.
    Post edited by SCARY_WIZARD on
  • qwerty123456qwerty123456 Member Posts: 67
    Loub said:

Now that you talk about Minsc, I feel that it is imperative of me to add that Rashemen is based on Romani culture, and not scandinavian.

Scandinavian. Romani. Yeah, right. Ever heard of Russia?
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    I agree with @KidCarnival. Just close it. Most of the comments, at first, were serious answers to the OP's questions. It started getting weirder and weirder as the OP started responding with increasingly shrill defensiveness, and finally with personal attacks ("I'm offended by something you said" is not a personal attack: "you're a moron because you disagree with me/are bothered by something I said" is). If anyone would like to continue discussing this, we can do so in a different thread.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Our quest is vain!
  • melakonmelakon Member Posts: 26
    Loub said:

Also, the accents are not even consistent, for instance, Rasaad, Safana and Khalid are all Calishites, yet feature wildly different accents, which is incredibly odd, given that Calimshan is not exactly the biggest of the realms, nor a cradle of multiculturality.

Uniform accents are a fairly recent thing brought on by more travel and mingling.
    In the olden days it wasn't uncommon for two villages a few miles apart to have wildly different accents.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Am I the only one who finds Safana's voice attractive. :(

Saaaame voice actress as Adalon. And that one stock voice that I really like.

I wouldn't say "attractive", but I like her voice. Also Shar-Teel's and Branwen's. They sound like women, unlike Imoen, Skie or Neera, who (supported by their actual lines) sound like girls.
This discussion has been closed.