Skip to content

[Bug] Neera Missing after removed from Party; "told to stay put" option

RustyRusty Member Posts: 6
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
I just rescued haer'dalis from Mekrath's lair, so I decided I wanted to look at his stats. I removed Neera from the group, and got an immediate response, despite CHARNAME not being anywhere near her. Without thinking twice, I told her to stay put (instead of heading back to the Hidden Refuge, or wherever it is she respawns).

I've previously encountered a bug where characters walk in straight paths through impassable sections of the map. I believe this is what happened to Neera before I removed her from my party, thus blocking my access to her (and the items she was carrying).

TL;DR Is there a way to access Neera's inventory? Or better yet, get Neera to respawn at the Hidden Refuge?
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• RustyRusty Member Posts: 6
    No, she didn't as far as I'm aware... to be fair, I didn't try dispelling any invisibility effects. It seems like an... odd thing to make her vanish completely. I'll try using "dispel invisibility" if that's what your'e suggesting(?)
    I didn't get to save the game during any period where I had Neera, because I was on a long gaming binge and felt confident enough with a quicksave. I was hoping to find something in-game to find/re-spawn Neera, but I guess I'll have to settle for downloading a mod as a quick fix... Thanks for the swift responses Gate70! I appreciate it.

Still curious if there's an in-game solution to re-spawning a lost Party Member, or if it is just a bug with no current fix. (I only need to know if Neera had anything important of mine on her person either way.)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

If you have no luck find your 0000nnnn- save, zip and attach that folder. Or try EE Keeper to view out of party NPC's and determine where she is.
    Cheers

A quick thing for this is looking with NI at the GAM to se where in the nine heels the NPCs are.
    NI and GAM... I'm not sure what that means. Are those Acronyms for something? Sorry. I'm a bit of a noob.
    edited February 2014
    Yeah they are like acronyms, Near Infinity and GAM is a file type where the NPCs locations are stored.
    I'll have to give Near Infinity a look. Sounds like another mod, except super straight forward. The GAM, I'll just use NI to help me find, considering the BGII:EE folder in Documents don't show much in the way of game files. Thanks for input, Crevs. (Looks like I'll have to download some mods pretty soon!)
    @Rusty, no, the GAM inside the save game folder, Near Infinity is a java editor, it's very textual an definitely the most difficult to use.
    The save game should be in Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save, there you can find several folders with 000000 a number and the save game's name. If you want to upload it I can do it for you (and try to make Neera spawn somewhere), you can zip/rar it and upload it by using the Attach a File option under the comment box.
    Okay. I just got EE Keeper and Near Infinity. I'm having difficulty selecting an out-of-party character, let alone able to find a way to view their current location.

With Near Infinity... I've had more luck with, but I can tell you neither heads nor tails of it just yet. I've opened the GAM file in the correct save folder... but that's as far as I've got. In a way, I'm still unable to view out-of-party characters. I'm just getting *AN10, which is Jan. Seriously. 24 stinking slots of just Jan. >:1
    @Rusty oh, common bug from NI, it's very bad to browse GAM files.
    If you want upload the saved game and I'll take a look.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Going to go ahead and move this to "Not an Issue" for the moment as it sounds like a one off thing.

@CrevsDaak, if this needs to be moved back and/or turns out to be a bug, please @ me and I'll get it moved around.