Skip to content

Possible Bug with Griddle of Fortitude

I have put the Griddle of Fortitude on Dorn. As game progressed he would die more and more often. I just looked again and his HP is now 29 going to 65 when he uses the griddle.
Other have also died, but their lives stayed the same. The only diference is that Dorn died under the effects of the belt. Once he even died and his itens didn't fall on the ground.
Also don't know if he suffered any other kind of charm.
Didn't try to reproduce it yet.

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    "The only diference is that Dorn died under the effects of the belt" - you think that dorn lost some hit points after dying with the girdle of fortitude effect active?

"Once he even died and his itens didn't fall on the ground." - i don't think that this is possible, where did the items go?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I had similar experiences when my Charname's Draw Upon Holy Might ran out while his current HP was less than what was gained from the CON boost. While it'd be nice if there was a check implemented like there is when rage runs out, it's really our own fault if we die from CON Boost Expiry.

It's actually why I stopped using DUHM in early Spellhold.
  • BOIBOI Member Posts: 6
    bob_veng
    Yes. That is what I meant.

His portrait just became gray and there was nothing on the floor. Once raised, his itens were on him.

Pokota
    On your experience, did he suffered a permanent hit point loss?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This isn't an issue. Dorn gets no CON modifier in his HP without using this belt, so when the effect of the belt ends and he has a value of HP lower than his real (non-CON-bonus) HP, he'll die.
    @Illydth and @Troodon80 not an issue, forgot to tag thee.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    BOI said:

Once raised, his itens were on him.

If nothing else, I don't think this is supposed to happen. I'll take a look on a new game.
    edited February 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

This isn't an issue. Dorn gets no CON modifier in his HP without using this belt, so when the effect of the belt ends and he has a value of HP lower than his real (non-CON-bonus) HP, he'll die.

But once raised he sufferd a permanent Hit Point loss. He was lvl 16 and had only 29 HP. And I eveled him up on easy mode.
    CrevsDaak
    BOI said:

CrevsDaak said:

But once raised he sufferd a permanent Hit Point loss. He was lvl 16 and had only 29 HP. And I eveled him up on easy mode.
    Certainly a bug.
    I'll give it a try in my run, I was hoping the belt to be super effective since he has very low HP compared with Korgan and my Fighter PC (both over 150 and Dorn has 107).
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Sounds like there definitely is an issue here. Re-flag me if there's a found bug here that I can tag.
    Just tried to day and Dorn did not lose any hitpoints.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like Dorn has gotten burnt by the griddle.

(sorry, couldn't resist...)
    BOIMoomintroll
    CrevsDaak said:

Tried it here too.
    When the effect of the griddle ends or any other cons bonus, the character dies but his itens won't drop on the ground. His body stays there as well. His hit points, while dead, can become negative (normal deaths goes to 0). But I wasn't able to reproduce the Hit Point loss. He raises normally with his itens on him and with the same HP.
    So, the only bug here is that his itens don't fall in this type of death. The permanent hit point loss occoured from another thing, which I don't have a clue of what. (It happened in a multiplayer game and I just noticed the low hit points much latter in game.)
    CrevsDaak
    BOI said:

CrevsDaak said:

Tried it here too.
    When the effect of the griddle ends or any other cons bonus, the character dies but his itens won't drop on the ground. His body stays there as well. His hit points, while dead, can become negative (normal deaths goes to 0). But I wasn't able to reproduce the Hit Point loss. He raises normally with his itens on him and with the same HP.
    So, the only bug here is that his itens don't fall in this type of death. The permanent hit point loss occoured from another thing, which I don't have a clue of what. (It happened in a multiplayer game and I just noticed the low hit points much latter in game.)
    Oh, this is related to another issue I think it is the one the target loose all the items if killed with Blood Drain...
    @Illydth why is that bug missing both the link and the issue number (I'm talking about [CORE] - If you kill someone with Blood Drain, all their items are lost, since this happened to me, AND I think that it's happening here too).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @CrevsDaak,
    CrevsDaak said:

Why is that bug missing both the link and the issue number (I'm talking about [CORE] - If you kill someone with Blood Drain, all their items are lost, since this happened to me, AND I think that it's happening here too).

In this case, it is probably a combination of two reasons.
    1. It's an issue we are aware of but have no topic to actually link to.
    2. There hasn't been enough information provided to file a report on the issue.
    Do you have a link to another topic?
    CrevsDaak
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    karnor00 said:

Sounds like Dorn has gotten burnt by the griddle.

(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Griddle of Fortitude is the one that makes those really hearty pancakes isn't it?

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    ROFL, I JUST noted the "Griddle" instead of "Girdle". Well done.

@CrevsDaak: When we first opened this thread and this forum there were several issues the developers were aware of "through the grape vine" of reading other threads and issue reports before they started getting consolidated here.

When Troodon80 and I were tasked with bringing some order to the chaos of this forum, we took the list and simply put them out there, expecting eventually we'd get another report on it that we could link to and open a bug report for. The thought was that it was better to document the bug even without information so we could fill it in later than to let it fall off everyones radar.

If you have better info and/or another topic link, I'm HAPPY to get a bug report open for it and get the thread linked up.
    CrevsDaakTroodon80
    @Illydth I can say that it happened, but after trying now I couldn't reproduce it (items are lost if target is killed with Blood Drain). Gotta try again later.