Skip to content

#7525 [CORE] - "Gain Special Ability" Spam

AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Just got some quest experience from Garren Windspear, and this happens:

Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Are you a Paladin right? Maybe you've lost them because of the quest... I really don't know.
    @Gate70 do you know something about this? I think it is because Firkraag's quest and that.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I'm guessing this is going to fall into "not an issue" at the end of this. Flag me if so.
    The number of abilities given is correct, but they weren't modified; she already had all her abilities, I think that it is not an issue @Illydth.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2014
    Oh right! Paladin abilities.

But wait, I never lost these abilities in the first place. That doesn't make sense.

edit: Went and checked. Normally I have 12 PFEs and 15 DEs. While working on the quest I can use my abilities as usual. Once I finish the quest and talk to Garren, I get 12 PFE gained messages and 15 DE gained messages. If I have used any PFEs or DEs, I am restored back to my full, normal complement.

So... while maybe not a bug per se, it seems weird to regain abilities that were never actually lost.
    Post edited by Autequi on
    @Gate70 the save in the OP is from before the conversation, I'm seen it myself.
    Just a new dialog option/bcs block should do it, maybe one for each kit?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70: You've gone past my ability to tag repro steps into a bug report on this one.

If there's a bug report needed, go ahead and open one and I'll tag the thread.