Skip to content

Watcher's Keep automaticly completed...

WatercrownWatercrown Member Posts: 5
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
Having a strange bug. If I cast my main characters innate cure light wound ability outside of the Watcher's Keep dungeon (I haven't actually entered it yet) I get a message saying all levels have been sealed and I am granted 80000 EXP. Afterwards I can't enter the dungeon at all.

Not using any mods. Though I am using an illegal character I imported from BG1:EE. Human multi-class FIGHTER/THIEF.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Could you upload your save game so I can see this? Thanks.
  • WatercrownWatercrown Member Posts: 5
    Here it is.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I can't get this to happen for me. I can't think of anything that would cause such an odd thing to happen besides some kind of mod. Perhaps try re-installing the game and see if that fixes it? Perhaps one of the other testers has an idea as to what is going on here...
  • WatercrownWatercrown Member Posts: 5
    There are quiet a few AR and SPIN files actually. I do have AR3000.bcs, no SPIN101 though.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @Watercrown: So when we talk about "No Mods" we really mean a completely unedited version of BG2:EE. If you have stuff in the override folder something has been added (I don't think there's anything there by default upon initial installation).

Many people do not consider some things that are mods to be "mods". I dealt with an issue a while back where the person identified themselves as playing an unmodded version of BG:EE but really had some portrait packs and one of the larger "fix" mods installed. The problem with re-producing a game that's been out and heavily modified by the community for the last 15 years is there are people out there that consider some of these mods to be "required" to properly play the game (and with the old version of the game, they were!)

It's the same issue we have here defending the EE. You'll get people who post angry rants about how buggy the EE version is and how they never had a problem with the non-EE version (which, unbeknown to them has really been patched all to hell by mods left, right and sideways)...and I sit and chuckle because a good 70% of what's been reported and bugfixed ARE BUGS that come from the original game.

Move your Override folder to a backup (don't delete it), and try again. If you can get the game to load, try the spell casting again and see if it happens. If it doesn't you'll have to determine what it is that installed that AR3000.bcs file to the override folder and/or re-install the base game from Beamdog/Steam without doing ANYTHING else to it. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Illydth you haven't moved to not an issue!