Skip to content

Custom Portraits for Ipad (yet again?)

Hello! New here and new to the Enhanced Edition (played original BG on its relase).

From reading various posts on the forum, there seem to be a major hassle if you want custom portraits for the Ipad version. Do you have to jailbreak your ipad to get custom portraits ( something i dont want to do at the moment)?

In the appstore for the game, the version 1.2 says that images for custom portraits will resize as long as they are smaller than 1024x1024 and that you only need one image. Is this something that applies to Ipads or is it misleading?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The "Custom" buttom never shows up, so you can't pick them from the iPad. If you have the PC/Mac version you can create your character with the portrait, and drop the portrait in the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/portraits directory, you might need to create the portraits folder, and the character (CHR file) should go in the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/Characters, if you don't find the characters folder, just create it.
    To browse you iPad's files you can use iFunbox, it's certainly good, to do this you won't need a jailbreak, but you'll have to do it every single time you want a new PC with a custom portrait.
    Heindrich
  • johnniijohnnii Member Posts: 3
    That explains a lot, thank you for the answer
    I'm not getting the option to open the file in BG:EE, maybe it's because I have the beta version, weird.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    This thing actually works, but the extension should be .bg1portrait (not .bg1portraits)
    Likewise, it works for BG2EE if you use .bg2portrait
    CrevsDaakAstroBryGuylolien
    It worked, but the game crashes AND only loads one of the portraits :| still it loads one!
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    No crashes on my side, but I did have to restart the app for it to recognise the portrait.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Is there no way to do this without using a computer?