Skip to content

#7531 [CORE] - Anomen keeps making selection noises after resting outside De'Arnise Keep

MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
What the title says. Right after the party rests, Anomen turns around and makes a character selection noise, like "At your order!" for no apparent reason. Weird.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Does he do it only one time after each rest, or do you mean that after resting he does it over and over again?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    That's another reason to let Anomen die of age in the Copper Coronet.
    Do he follows other party members to talk to or he speaks alone like the idiot he is?
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    After resting, he makes the selection noise once. He seems to turn as if to talk to someone, but no conversation ensues. Then he makes the selection noise.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    If it was happening continuously, then I would say it is the same thing that is affecting other people; the local variables get removed if the character dies.

Since it's only happening once... I have no idea.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, if it's only happening once, I'd almost say to assume this might get fixed with the Locals issue and wait for the next patch to see if it's still happening.

At this point given the fact it only happens once after rest, this is, at best, a "D" level issue...while I don't want to minimize it's annoyance factor, there is every possibility that fixes going in on the next patch might stop this also.
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I don't have the save of Anomen, but I do have a save with a similar issue. Go to the tavern and rest. The cutscene with Imoen talking about power should play. When Imoen's form attacks, she makes cute "into battle noises" while killing your party members, like "Ooooh I'll show you a fight!" etc. Lol.

Attached. Note that it's an auto save. So you may want to rename the folder after extracting.
    Ok, I got it to replicate. Attached, please find the Anomen save.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This has been happening to me too. It is caused by a banter with Anomen that is failing to fire. Reported as issue 7531-C. @Illydth
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    He's just wants attention.
    CrevsDaak
    @Tresset, do you remember/know what it was you did to make this occur?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Troodon80 All I did was go get Anomen (having never talked to him before) and then head to the de'arnise hold and rest several times. The first few banters went off successfully but the third one, I believe, wouldn't happen.
    edited February 2014
    I think I've tracked it back to a problem with a rest trigger. The script fires if the party has rested, but the dialogue also has the same trigger. With the time that it takes the script to fire and the dialogue to kick in, the 'rest' has worn off (so to speak). I'll look again tomorrow, but it's easy enough to reproduce it.

I wonder if this happens with any other character?
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • LloydmogLloydmog Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

Got a similar problem. Every time I enter a new area, Terl spawns but doesn't try to talk to anyone, Anomen starts shouting selection quotes continually. Anomen didn't kill X and became a knight, but now Terl seems to follow us around causing Anomen to spaz out.
    Global Variables are:
    ANOMENDECIDE 4
    ANOMENGOESTRIAL 2
    ANOMENHOME 2560485
    ANOMENISKNIGHT 1
    ANOMENJAMIE 1
    ANOMENJOINED 721544
    ANOMENKNIGHT 3424882
    ANOMENROMANCEACTIVE 1
    ANOMENTRIAL 3770002

Don't know if this helps? Cheers in advance
    Hey just an update, I had set the global chapter to 3, so that I a character that had vanished would appear again (in the Alternatives Mod). Setting it back to chapter 4 fixed my issue.