Skip to content

Valygar + Viconia + Qilue = Selection Sound Overdose.

Judas_JeffersonJudas_Jefferson Member Posts: 9
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Need some serious help.

So I've: Main Character + Dorn + Valygar + Viconia + Jan + Imoen.

I've just cleared out Qilue's place, and then Viconia goes bat s**t crazy and repeats her selection sounds over and over again.
I'm guessing it's something between her and Valygar - the avatar is forced to look her way every time.

I've followed solutions to other similar problems but nothing has worked.
I could kick Valygar out, that would please Viconia though - I wear the pants in this relationship.

Also, not a one off thing.... Went back to an earlier save, got up to the same point, and it happened again. So damn annoying....

Comments

• Judas_JeffersonJudas_Jefferson Member Posts: 9
    @Gate70
    If you can get this fixed, you're a God!
    Just realized that it kicks in as soon as Qilue falls.
    Cheers.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited February 2014
    @Judas_Jefferson, do you have a saved game from prior to killing Qilue? I tried with your saved game and there are no selection noises other than when the character is selected. Edit: Ninja'd by Gate70, because I take so long wording my posts.
    Turns out it's the 'IEP Banters' mod.
    It was these strings that were buggering everything up.
    "I#B_VALYGARVICONIA_ABOLETH" + "I#B_VALYGARVICONIA_ABOLETHTIMER"

Straight after deleting them, Viconia was silenced.

Followup question.... Any consequences to deleting Global Variables mid-game?
    Or should I just reset that timer variable?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited February 2014
    @Judas_Jefferson, it really depends on the global variable that is being deleted. It may have some consequence later, it might not. In the case above, I do not think it will disrupt the main game by deleting them, unless the mod actually modifies part of the main game (which I do not think it does).

Since it seems linked to the Aboleth, you will probably not encounter this problem again in the game. I am not familiar enough with IEP Banters to make a call on that.

Either way, I would suggest bringing it to the attention of the mod author.

Which, uh... appears to be @LiamEsler? Huh. Didn't know that (I probably should know that).

Apparently there is a topic over here.
    @Troodon80, That link you gave has it all.
    haha.. First time Google's ever let me down - I tried searching for everything, that and I need to start visiting SHS more often.
    Anyway, thanks for that. Lifesaver.