Skip to content

Crash when starting a new game

AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
I downloaded BGEE II yesterday and I haven't been able to start a new game.

This is what happens.
1- I start the game
2- Create the character
3- First cut-scene where Irenicus tortures you occurs
4- Imoen shows up and as soon as I reply to her, the game crashes

Everytime it will crash in the same place.

I have tried running the game as administrator and rebooting the computer and it didn't help. I also uninstalled and re installed both games to no effect.

Hope you guys can give me a hand.

First time reporting a crash, so let me know if it´s okey or if you need more info.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, I´m using the beamdog client to run the game.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Uploaded 2 pics of the errors I receive when the game crashes at the beginning. Maybe it helps.

edited February 2014
    @Gate70

Okey thanks!, that worked great and now the game does not crash anymore. But I cant select any custom portraits from the pack I had downloaded (even though the portrait folder remains the same) and also the console does not work. Is there any way to recover that?

Also, I can not find the "override" folder, but it seems to be there somehow.

Edit: Nvm, found it, sorry. I have an "override" folder inside the "Portraits" folder

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The override folder is in the same dorectory as the CHTIN.KEY, just search the game, make it show it contents and search for the CHTIN.KEY.
    If there isn't an override folder, don't matters, don't create one, if it has something inside, delete evrything.
    And search if there are any SQL files in your portraits folder :)
    Great! Everything is working now, the game, the portraits and the console. Thank you very much to the both of you :D