Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    I agree with Quayle, let us see which stones opens which doors, and try to restore our slumbering companions to wakefulness...

The door we came through should be better than the others for now, as we know where it leads and what dangers lie that way.

White opened the way south, logic dictates black would open the way north, so lets try blue or red first.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Fine, we'll do it your way.
    edited March 2014
    Finally some sense in the abysmal place... When things go our way I worry more, not less. We are intruders in this accursed castle and should remember that under the calm surface there is a great roiling evil here.

If we keep our guard up and wits about us, we may yet steal a march on our foes, or at least survive another agonizing few hours...
    Post edited by Fighting_Ferret on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Which color would you like to try next?
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Quayle looks around to see where Xan is, because he can hear his voice.
    Blue, lets give blue a try...
    The sleepers awaken. Imoen and Jaheira feel rather sore and bruised from how Kivan manhandled their bodies. Xan grabs the blue stone and tosses it in the brazier. It is consumed with a whoosh, and you heard door unlock to the north. (Mind you, there are three doors to the north.)
    Let's see which door we managed to unlock...
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    Jaheira tries to open her heavy eyelids and shake off the unfamiliar pain. She notice her dusty clothes and arrives at a conclusion. "Did... did someone pull me across the floor by my hair?"
    Quayle looked shiftily at Jaheira, and stuttered a bit as he replied 'Well, you were stuck in the doorway, and you're quite hard to .. grab .. and ..' he jestured towards the bent mace in the corner, tailed off in the face of Jaheira's glare, and settled for glaring at Kivan in turn.

'We'll discuss it later, sand's a runnin.' Quayle tries the leftmost door, being the one they originally came through. If it doesn't open he will try the other two.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    OOC: how far am I from the chest?
    @CrevsDaak About a foot.

The door they entered the room through is closed and locked. The middle door is open. Through it, you can see Stairs going up about 20' to a landing, and then corridor leading off to the right.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    Jaheira fetches the spear and tries to understand what is going on. "Khalid, darling. Please don't let the gnome use my hair as a rope again." There is a bit of edge to her words.
    edited March 2014
    Hmm a different path back up... let's try red.
    Post edited by Fighting_Ferret on
    Kivan just keeps quiet about the whole dragging Jaheira around thing.
    Quayle glances at the sand to see how much time they have left.
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    Minsc decides to wait near a door that's currently unlocked.
    The Red Stone unlocks the door you entered the room through.
    You hear a low gasp from underneath the table, along with a click. Imoen comes out from under the table, holding two potion bottles, two scrolls and a deck of cards, which she is pulling a card out of. There is a bluish-white star on the card, and the same bluish-white glow surrounds Imoen for a moment. She wiggles her fingers fluidly and laughs in delight.
    Then, the card moves back into the pack, and the cards reshuffle themselves in her hand.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    What is that Imoen? What just happened?
    mlnevese said:

What is that Imoen? What just happened?

"I don't know, I just pulled out a card and... Now I feel more agile."
    "I guess that this thing is... Magical, the Deck of Many Things I think that it is."
    So we know what each stone does now... except for where the black stone leads... so do we go with the white stone into the creepy room with the velvet curtains, or try door number 4 with black?
    If we have time we can try the black stone.
    Of course you do. Every time you close one door, the timer re-starts. The last door to the north reveals another staircase, this one a spiral, heading upwards as far as you can see (And this one is the most eastward of the three northern doors).
    (BTW, the doors re-lock when they are closed.)
    We have to decide which door to close and throw the remaining stone, I think that closing the door from where we came from may be the best thing unless there's someone more worth closing.
    The doors only open one at a time. You can't grab a stone unless all the doors are already closed.
    Right.
    OOC .. wait, Krevs finds a deck of many things and none of you care? :p Can I have a go? I'd like a million XP please :D

OOC To summarise:

Southern door (opal). The door opens into a 30' long, 10' wide area. The far wall is made of cloth- Red velvet, to be exact, though the velvet is moth-eaten and dirty. It appears to be split down the middle (at the 15' mark), but you cannot see what, if anything, is beyond.

Left door (Red) (Came in here)You .. head down the stairs. They go down and down, and down some more. A small landing leads to more stairs heading down at a slightly different angle. After descending 70', the stairs end at a door.

Middle door (blue) you can see Stairs going up about 20' to a landing, and then corridor leading off to the right.

Right door (black) reveals another staircase, this one a spiral, heading upwards as far as you can see.

I assume the left and right doors both lead up spiral stairways, so probably the centre doors (N & S) provide the most action.

Of the three rooms, Quayle liked the creepy velvet room least. The spiral seemed to be a mirror of the one they came down, and returning the way they came seems like a poor choice. Unless it's to rest. Actually Quayle would like to go left, sleep at the base of the stairs, then return here and go centre north.
This discussion has been closed.