Skip to content

Sendai won't die - anyone seen this bug?

2»

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Troodon80: Any news on this, by any chance?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited March 2014
    @xzar_monty, not yet. Well... sort of, but not exactly. I've made some progress, but a lot of it so far is guess-work. Guess-work that I need you to try out. My results have been mixed. On certain occasions, I am able to trigger Sendai's death using your saved game; as shown in the attachment below. As far as I can tell, the bug—as intermittent as it is for me, although still occurring—is introduced by the lack of dialogue at the start. At the same time the dialogue is supposed to trigger, a variable (InitWithPlayer) is also set. You can try using C:SetGlobal("InitWithPlayer","AR6108",1) after talking with Sendai and see if that solves the problem. I do not think it will, however, and this is where the guesswork comes in.

My guess would be that a mod interfered with this particular area. When inspecting your saved game, the embedded Sendai CRE references a script which does not exist on a fresh installation (DW2MS5GE.BCS). That means that 'SENDAI.BCS' is not being used and, at least for me, explains why she didn't talk to the party when I entered the area. When Sendai summons the statues and then disappears, she then 'teleports' back. When she does so, she is the real Sendai.CRE that I have as part of a fresh installation, and thus references the proper script.

Once an area is loaded and saved in the SAV file, it essentially means that uninstalling the mod that changes the core elements of an area is pointless. In this particular case, the area is loaded during the cutscenes—even before you actually enter the area in person.

I've attached a saved game where Sendai should talk to you upon entering the area. Can you try that out and let me know how it goes? It may not help at all if you do not have the original Sendai CRE file, I just want to make that clear so I am also attaching a copy of a 'fresh' SENDAI.CRE' (ZIP) file that you will need to copy to your override folder. If it asks you to overwrite an existing SENDAI file, back the old one up somewhere just in case.
    edited March 2014
    @Troodon80: Thank you very much for that. I'll try your suggestion soon.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I could well be, especially with the nickname), this is probably something that @DavidW is interested in, because the likely suspect is SCS. It's either that or BG2Tweaks, because there's nothing else installed.
    @Troodon80: It worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

I didn't get any notification about sendai.cre being overwritten, so maybe the whole thing had disappeared due to some mod?
    @Troodon80: You won't believe this. I'm now at Balthazar's place, and guess what? He won't go hostile. He does hold his speech as usual, but then... nothing happens. I can hit him as much as I please, but he won't go hostile. If I speak with him again, we can go through the whole conversation once more, but he won't go hostile.

I wonder if this is really all due to that SCS? @DavidW?
    @Troodon80: I wonder if it's possible to get this working if you simply send me a balthazar.cre file, supposing there is one (surely there must be).

But I'll be happy to provide you with a save game as well. Just let me know.
    edited March 2014
    @xzar_monty, I can upload the CRE file, but it will not have any affect on the embedded details since you have already met Balthazar. If you upload your saved game, I can restore it for you. :-)
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @Troodon80: This sounds strange, but I found a workaround. I attacked one of Balthazar's monks, who became hostile. This, in turn, made everyone hostile, including Balthazar. He's dead now and I'm going to meet the Ravager next.

Balthazar's script worked just fine once he became hostile. In other words, he had his "second wind" and all the other super-powerful effects.

Thanks for the offer!
    @Troodon80: There were no more hassles after that. Melissan is vanquished.
    @xzar_monty, glad to hear it. :-)
    @Troodon80: Yeah! Still the best game of all time, despite TOB being overly railroaded and charname not given the option of recognizing Melissan as the culprit, although the player surely does, early on...

The new characters were very nice!