Skip to content

[BGEE, BGEE 2, IWD:EE MOD] Lost Druid Kit 1.3v

zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
edited April 2016 in General Modding
Welcome!
This mod introduces to the player a new druid kit - Lost Druid. It is based on the Lost Druid from The Complete Druid's Handbook. This kit will be a part of my NPC mod, but making it will take some time and at the beginning, I'm going to release it in my native language. In the meantime I hope to get some feedback on the kit alone.

LOST DRUID

The strangest members of the druidic order, Lost Druids find that many other druids no longer consider them kin. The Lost Druids come from lands that have been maliciously destroyed - forests burned to the ground, swamps drained, mountains ruined by mining, and so on. Rather than try to rebuild or move on, a Lost Druid allows his heart to darken from brooding on the devastation and embraces strange magic to seek revenge.

Advantages:
- May cast Summon Dread Wolf once per day at level 6. Gains additional Summon Dread Wolf at level 12th and 18th.

- Six necromancy spells are added to the Lost Druid's repertoire, all the way up to 6th level. These are listed below:
1st level: Laroch's Minor Draining.
2nd level: Horror.
3rd level: Skull Trap.
4th level: Contagion.
5th level: Slay Living.
6th level: Death Spell.

Disadvantages:
- Can cast only the reversed versions of cure spells.
- Cannot Shapeshift.
- Alignment restricted to neutral and chaotic evil.

It is very simple mod (my first!), nothing to complicated but I think that it gives an interesting twist on a druid kit.
And I'd like to thank @Wisp for helping me with weidu :)

This mod is compatible with BG2 (it works with total conversion mods also, at least it works with Classic Adventures for sure), BG:EE and BG2:EE.
Polish translation is available.

Changelog:
1.3v - the temporary fix for 2.0 is no longer required. I'd suggest uninstalling 1.2 and installing 1.3v.
1.2v - 2.0 and IWD:EE compatibility
1.1v - Fixed crash in BG:EE after summoning Dread Wolf

Please check out my second mod - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36342/bg-ee-bg-ee-2-mod-card-kit-0-2v-wip-eng-pl
Post edited by zupsky on
KamigoroshiArdulIllustairRAM021elminstertoolargAquadrizztJuliusBorisovGodKaiserHellPorcelynZaghoul

Comments

• zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    Bumping for final release : )
    MusignyJuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Love this kit, I don't usually play druids but Im doing an evil run and loving those necro spells, great job.
    elminsterKamigoroshizupskyJuliusBorisov
    I havent reached a high level yet as I havent had the chance to play the game much so I'd like to ask if the summon dire wolf innate scales with level. If it doesnt you might consider making it so it summons more wolves or more powerful ones, such as the vampiric wolf (I read about the Lost Druid and its suppossed to be able to raise undead from animal carcasses but I guess we cant do that in BG :smile: )
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
    Found a bug, Summon Dire Wolf crashes the game in BG EE because it points to a wrong CRE file, the correct one is WOLFDR.CRE
    zupsky
    @toolarg Thanks! Just fixed it and should be werking now.
    toolarg
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the quick fix. I absolutely love this kit, now I understand that while a single dread wolf is a rather weak summon, the necromancer spells more than make up for it (specially horror and skull trap in BG1 EE) and its very well based in a true P&P class. It has become my favorite kit in the game :)
    zupsky
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2015
    This is a really interesting idea. I don't know if it will work for me since I don't like playing evil. I assume you mean Neutral evil not true neutral?

Edit:
    I changed my alignment with EE Keeper and I am really enjoying this mod. Thank you!
    (I was confused as I always remember NWN and how I couldn't level as a druid anymore if my alignment changed. So glad BG doesn't do that.)
    Post edited by Porcelyn on
    It doesnt work with 2.0 :'(
    edited April 2016
    @toolarg And I know why:P
    I might fix it tomorrow
    EDIT: Done
    Post edited by zupsky on
    toolargIchigoRXC
    Yes! thanks man, it's still my favorite kit.
    zupsky
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I don't see inflict light wound as a 1st level spell when I create a lost druid in BGEE. Description says cures should be reversed.
    @Necromanx2 Not a bug. Only cause serious and critical wounds spells are in BG games. Weaker ones are in IWD. When Beamdog finally ports spells from IWD to BG, they will be included in Lost Druids spell list.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Thank you!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Awesome kit, I'm playing with one right now.

There is a problem with Spell Revision. You won't be forbidden to cast healing spells (regenerate spells to be more specific) if you install this mod before SR (at least it was what I did).
  • Hmmm. BG2. Agree to meet Cernd at the grove, take the evil option offered before going (no spoilers here), do the dastardly deed, pick up Cernd, EEKeeper his kit to Lost Druid. Works for my headcanon. Oooooh yes.
    Raduziel
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2017
    Come to think of it, XZAR would make a perfect Lost Druid. If the lost druid presents as a necromancer, how would most people know the difference. If people consider Xzar the Lost Druid a necromancer, would he care to correct them? He IS insane and deranged. He hints at reasons for this in his dialogue ("those the gods wish to destroy they first make mad, maaad, ahahaha", etc.). Perhaps the gods themselved destroyed his grove for reasons unknown? And this would bridge the dual use many people have for Xzar anyway - mage->cleric. Altough he won't be healing people unless you take care to follow @Raduziel 's advice, above.

Xzar even dresses entirely in forest green! This was meant to be.

I could totally take this guy into SOD AND BG2 too via console.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    Does anyone know how can I get in touch with @zupsky ?
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @zupsky Hi! I've made a translation of your mod to russian. Here!
    @zupsky , any hope we can get in touch?

Thanks!
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    A druid that doesn't have to be true neutral? Very nice.