Skip to content

Bodies in the sewers

I'm playing through BG:EE for the first time and I just finished up the Missing Citizens quest and received my reward from Scar but no one said anything about me carrying a stack of bodies into The Flaming Fist barracks.

Do I need these bodies for anything? I had to chug a few giant potions to have the strength to carry so many and don't want to toss them out on the street if they're needed. I saved the game prior to discretely placing them on the barracks floor - which apparently raised no eyebrows - and went back into the city.

Anyway, do I need them for anything?

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014
    They are involved in a quest in the E section about a necromancer named Arkion needing a dead body to experiment on. He is found at a house in the very south of the area, the southernmost house, I believe. He only needs one, though, so carrying the rest is pointless.
    James007
  • James007James007 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick response!
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I'm pretty sure they don't ever disappear if you leave them on the ground as well. Otherwise yeah it's not like Icewind Dale II when carrying around dead bodies got you an easter egg late in the game.
    Aedan
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2016
    In my current game I defeated the Ogre Mage, but found only 5 male bodies while
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_Citizens#Sewers
    states that there should be a female body, a female noblewoman body and some male bodies. Did the EE change something there?
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    When I did the necromancer's quest I brought Arkion a random body. You only need one dead body of any type to complete the quest, even thought there are dozens littered around the sewers.

You don't need a body for Scar at the flaming fist, only the Ogre Mage's ruby ring.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @MagpieRandoms

It's not the "ogre mage's" ruby ring, it's "Sashtanar's"(sp) ruby ring.

There are two, the titled one is to complete the quest/get reward.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wish we could pay for a raise dead for the bodies found. Might have opened up quite a few quests.
    mf2112
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Grum said:

Claim a house in Baldur's Gate. Get skulls from high hedge. With that and the bodies start decorating.

Fill every container with skulls. Cover the floor with bodies. Collect every cursed scroll and item in the game.

If possible, I'd even cheat and spawn some friendly flesh golems to guard the house for you.

And know that someday an adventuring party will come along to loot the place...

And imagine Steam Achievements like that B)

DJKajuru
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72

@MagpieRandoms

It's not the "ogre mage's" ruby ring, it's "Sashtanar's"(sp) ruby ring.

There are two, the titled one is to complete the quest/get reward.

Yep.

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Grum said:

Claim a house in Baldur's Gate. Get skulls from high hedge. With that and the bodies start decorating.

Fill every container with skulls. Cover the floor with bodies. Collect every cursed scroll and item in the game.

If possible, I'd even cheat and spawn some friendly flesh golems to guard the house for you.

And know that someday an adventuring party will come along to loot the place...

You are now the Dungeon Keeper!
    Grum
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @ArthasII Sylar should be in Silence's Shop.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.