Skip to content

STRONGER THAN THE ONYX SWORD?!

killahxkillahx Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
hey guys my name is Xavier im a 12 year old gamer (Dark Alliance is favorite) and i was playing Dark Alliance 1 yesterday and i found a halberd with 36-209 damage and in Dark Alliance 1 the Onyx Swords is supposed to be the strongest weapon until Dark Alliance 2 have any of you guys/girls seen this weapon?
Post edited by killahx on

Comments

• OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Ok, since no one else on the forum will humor you and I'm probably one of the few that actually played the Dark Alliance game I'll help.
    I haven't played DA in like 10 years so I'm working off hazy memory.
    The Onyx sword is found by killing the onyx golem on the level below the Hall of Rememberance. I think it does about 90-120 damage but I'm probably wrong. There are weapons that do more damage, Like the halberd, but from a powergaming standpoint a higher base damage is better.

This thread should probably be in off topic and the forum is dedicated to the PC Baldur's Gate. So keep in on topic.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    killahx said:

hey guys my name is Xavier im a 12 year old gamer

Oh, my age record had been beaten.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited March 2014
    Well, we are at baldursgate.com, I suppose. Welcome aboard @killahx.

Like many dangerous substances, console RPGs can be gateways to harsher addictions like oldschool PC RPGs. It all seems innocent now, but one day you'll be offered some Planescape: Torment behind the bikeshed at school and your life will never be the same.

*Edit* haha, spelling
    Post edited by Corvino on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Corvino said:

Like many dangerous substances, console RPGs can be gateways to hasher addictions

I do so love Freudian slips :D
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    This inspired me to dig out the good ol' gamecube and replay Dark Alliance. It was a nice nostalgia trip, and DA held up better than I expected it too.