Skip to content

#7203 [CORE] Zone of Sweet Air Doesn't Work

SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After testing this on numerous occasions I can say that the priest spell "Zone of Sweet Air" is bugged and doesn't work as intended. It only removes the visual effect from cloud spells, but the effect of the spell remains.

I've confirmed this with Cloudkill and Incendiary Cloud, the smoke goes away but you still take damage in the effect area for the full duration of the spell.
Post edited by Ardanis on
elminster

Comments

• AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    Observation: The Ruhk Transmuter in Firkraag's Dungeon casts 'Death Fog' as you engage him in combat. Upon casting 'Zone of Sweet Air' the animation for 'Death Fog' disappears but the effects of the spell persist in the area until it runs out (CHARNAME and NPC's take 6 damage from Ruhk Transmuter per round). I have tested this by casting 'Zone of Sweet Air' with several Divine casters but it always functions in the same way, but only here in Firkraag's Dungeon. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Edit: I've had this happen on three separate games (CHARNAME's) as well.

Expected Behaviour: 'Zone of Sweet Air' would dispel not only the visual effects of the Ruhk Transuter's 'Death Fog' but the entirety of the spell.
    Post edited by Ardanis on
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    This was reported previously ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24860/zone-of-sweet-air-doesn-t-work ), but there didn't appear to be any follow-up. Do you have a save where you are just before the Ruhk encounter? If so, post it here and maybe someone will check it out.
    edited November 2013
    I did a search on Ruhk Transmuter but it turned up nothing. Zone of Sweet Air functions properly for me in all other circumstances. I don't have a save prior to that point but it doesn't take long to get there (also at the moment I have a whole heap of mods installed). Note that the problem persists with or without mods for me.

Edit: I didn't report it the first two times as I gave a benefit of the doubt to this seemingly minor glitch. The third time I reported it (the third time, this time, I have mods but I doubt they've changed anything to do with the spell here).
    The Ruhk in Spellhold also has this problem.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Here is a quick fix for the death fog problem. (Unzip file and add it to override).
    CrevsDaak
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    Is there any movement on this bug? Just ran into it with Incendiary Cloud.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @thelee actually it shouldn't remove Incendiary Cloud (nor it's animations, which is what is happening now).
    @CrevsDaak really? what makes incendiary cloud special that it's not covered by zone of sweet air (from a lore perspective and a technical perspective).
    @Gate70 the work around is just for death fog, no?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I don't think it should remove incendiary cloud nor do i think it is doing that now. So i believe there is no bug.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Avenger_teambg‌ it removes Incendiary Cloud's graphic representation, so the damage is still dealt, but the animation is gone. here's screenshot.
    elminster