Skip to content

No b!%£h I don't think I will find a use for this! Crummiest rewards?

Is this the worst reward in bgee? It's like she knows and she's just laughing to my face! To my very face!

What are the worst rewards in bg?
ronaldorecklessheartCorvinobooinyoureyesBlackravenCrevsDaakZaknafeinBaenreTressetbadbromancelunardementedJuliusBorisovDJKajurulolien

Comments

• RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    Hahaha! Sure is crummy, though infravision gives such a nice reddish view of the game! I would say one of the most useless reward is the Rat Massacre Quest in Candlekeep! :D
    booinyoureyesBlackravenlolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I think the Potion of Heroism rewards (of which there are quite a few) is kinda crap too; only warriors can use them and if their armour class is allready good anyway, it does jack shit.
    DelvarianCrevsDaak
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm always angry when someone gives me a potion as a reward. I don't want some crap one use item!
    mjsbooinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742

I think the Potion of Heroism rewards (of which there are quite a few) is kinda crap too; only warriors can use them and if their armour class is allready good anyway, it does jack shit.

90% THACO, +10% HPs isn't horrible. but they're not you're special potion of magic blocking/shield or potion of power etc
    elminsterbooinyoureyesCrevsDaaklolien
  • CTKnightOwlCTKnightOwl Member Posts: 88
    Consider a potion of Heroism to be a reward of 400gp because it's resale value exceeds it's use as a consumable. Infravision is worth so little gold, I would just sell her gauntlets for a cool 1000gp and to the seven hells with her little potion and xp reward.

mjs, I think you may have found the crappiest reward in the game. I can't think of one that it worse...and she only laughs at you when you leave the building.
    mjsbooinyoureyeslolien
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Tybert said:

Wait, are we ignoring Firebead casting a spell on you that won't even last long enough for you to fight Shank?

Winner. This is the worst reward, definitely. However like @CTKnightOwl‌ says, the discrepancy between what you're returning and the reward is greater from Noralee than from Firebead.
    Wolklolien
    Sadly, I don't even think Shank and Carbos are evil. I think they might be neutral. Regardless, the ID scroll is worth more than a prot/evil spell although it should be noted that he also gives you a potion of healing.

Firebead makes up for it in Beregost and all it costs is 1 worthless book you can cross the street to get.
    edited March 2014
    Delvarian said:

I'm always angry when someone gives me a potion as a reward. I don't want some crap one use item!

Wertle Wertle, even if it turns the enemies into flaming debris?

Blackravenstyggalolien
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Arguably the worst reward for the time, effort and spoilers invested is the Vampiric Longsword in BG1. It is vampiric, it just drains the HP of the wielder and gives them to the target...
    jackjackdustbubsylolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjacklolien
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2014
    Ugh, talking about NPC 'rewards', there is no metagaming aspect to CN Anomen at all. You're stuck with an irritating 12 Wisdom cleric who picks fights with both Keldorn and Aerie for absolutely nothing other than some crappy loot from Saerk's home. It's an even worse exchange than Dorn's questline imo.

Edit: Speaking of Keldorn, his questline either makes you lose one of the best fighter-type NPCs in the game or feel extremely guilty for it (at least for me anyway). That counts as a crappy reward too right?
    SkaffenbooinyoureyesDelvarianTresset
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My favorite reward for putting up with Anomen IS CN Anomen.
    booinyoureyesMontresor_SPdementedJuliusBorisov
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Not in BG, but the worst reward I can think of is getting Kaylessa's Ring as a random reward in Icewind Dale. +15 stealth, rangers only. The really bitter thing is how good the other three random items are, the best being dexterity increasing elven chainmail +3... Yep, I got the ring.
    booinyoureyesGodlolien
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014

Beating the Druid Grove had the crappiest reward: Cernd offered to join my party

Let's not forget the 10 000 you get afterwards and 20 000 - 25 000 experience to everyone in the party.

I would have to say that the worst reward in the game would be actually giving the wisdom tome to the priestess so you can get the antidote potion in the game. I always steal it back, kill her for it or ask her to give you the cure first and then tell her you won't give the book. But in my first game i actually gave it to her.

You're giving away a permanent stat boost for pretty much nothing.
    Tresset
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    jackjack said:

My favorite reward for putting up with Anomen IS CN Anomen.

Yes sir! CN Anomen is awesome.

jackjack
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    After saving the eggs of Adalon the Silver Dragon from the Drow and a hungry demon, I expected more than a crummy crossbow.

Don't want to sound ungrateful.. it's just I never USE crossbows... she probably has lots of cooler stuff..
    jackjackTressetdementedlolien
    SionIV said:

always steal it back...

Exactly how much pickpocketing is required for that? I boosted it through the roof with potions and luck spell and stuff but wasn't able to. Nymph Cloak + Spider Spawn + ordering her to attack the spiders is how I got it when I eventually gave up on the whole stealing thing.
    jackjack

SionIV said:

always steal it back...

Exactly how much pickpocketing is required for that? I boosted it through the roof with potions and luck spell and stuff but wasn't able to. Nymph Cloak + Spider Spawn + ordering her to attack the spiders is how I got it when I eventually gave up on the whole stealing thing.
    60+? or something like that? The easiest way is to tell her to hand over the cure first and then tell her you won't give her the book.

If it saying that you 'Failed' to pickpocket anything, just try again until you make the roll. As long as she doesn't say "Have no item" then you have a chance to pick something from her.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    How about the reward for saving Nalia's Keep and sparing Nalia's Aunt? "Expect no reward other than what you undoubtedly looted from my keep. The sooner you are gone from this place the better."

How about the reward for saving Nalia's Keep and sparing Nalia's Aunt? "Expect no reward other than what you undoubtedly looted from my keep. The sooner you are gone from this place the better."

How much gold do you think that you can sell that keep for? *Curious*
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Couple million at least.
    SionIVelminsterjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014

SionIV said:

always steal it back...

If it goes in her quick slots its 50. If its just stuck in her general inventory then its 10.
    SionIVAnduinjackjacklolien
  • casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    Unshey and her belt. I hand over one the best itens in the game for a book, and dont even get me started on Zhurlong.
  • casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    *items
    elminster said:

SionIV said:

always steal it back...

If it goes in her quick slots its 50. If its just stuck in her general inventory then its 10.
    Guess my game was incredibly broken then as I boosted pickpocketing to 200 something and still couldn't get it. Was a save from before they patched the horrible screeching metal sound in Baldur's Gate East so maybe it's something that's been fixed since.
    jackjack