Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3.

Cruester94Cruester94 Member Posts: 24
I know we're all excited that the Baldur's Gate PC games have been revived but why aren't there much talk about a possibility of a Dark Alliance 3 in the works? I personally love Dark Alliance 1 and 2, because I like them so much is the reason I started playing the Baldur's Gate PC games for the origin of the Dark Alliances. The Baldur's Gate PC games are great even seeing past the problems I'm having with Baldur's Gate 2 right now (see my thread about it for futher details)
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30994/alot-of-problems-with-bg2-original-using-gemrb-on-android-tablet?new=1
I'm sorry but I think the Dark Alliances are better. Is there anyone out there that is looking forward to a possible Dark Alliance 3? Please let me know what you think.
Wandering_MinstrelXxProSilencerxX

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014

I think I may have to explain myself: "Prepare your anus" refers to the flame you'll be getting up your bunghole due to your critical research failure - BG:DA has a REALLY bad rep among the true believers of Baldur's, and rightfully so, since it is part of the series in-name only - posting about such foolishness is bound to get you lynched, so to speak.
    CrevsDaakenqenqNecomancer
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah, sorry but you're unlikely to find much love for your game here.
    CrevsDaakenqenqKamigoroshibooinyoureyes
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    I actually quite liked the BG:DA games as well. I am a hardcore BG fan and have been playing since I was 8 years old but my love of the PC game doesn't mean I can't also like the console games. I like Diablo and those games but the BG:DA games were pretty much the best you could get on a console back in the day. Now with D3 on the 360 and PS3 I really doubt you are going to get a BG:DA3.
    TJ_HookerscriverCaloNordWandering_Minstrel
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

I hated the Dark Alliance games. If I want to play something like that, I play Diablo or Champions of Norrath.

I don't understand. From what I've heard (never played it myself), Champions of Norrath is very similar to BG:DA. Why is BG:DA so terrible yet CoN is worth playing?
  • Cruester94Cruester94 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2014
    Well there has been some talk about Baldur's Gate 3 that they are planning on putting elements of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliances gameplay and combat systems into Baldur's Gate 3. No doubt that they picked up the Baldur's Gate name that they will be developing their own game which is most likely be Baldur's Gate 3 that was originally called Baldur's Gate 3 Blackhound but now their planning on calling it Baldur's Gate Next because it will have nothing to with the previous games' story and settings. If they do developed Baldur's Gate 3 I'm sure and hope that they will be planning on developing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3. Like I said I love playing the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games, Dark Alliance 1 was the first game I ever played, they are the only reason I just started playing Baldur's Gate PC games. I'm also pretty sure that if they do developed a game that they would have to par it up with the now-a-days RPG games like Diablo 3 and Skyrim meaning new gameplay and setting.
    Post edited by Cruester94 on
    For those of you that don't know that after the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance engine crashed Snowblind decided to start fresh and developed new games which IS Champions Of Norrath and Champions Return To Arms. Then all Hell broke lose for everyone that had to do with all the Baldur's Gate and Champion games.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    TJ_Hooker said:

I don't understand. From what I've heard (never played it myself), Champions of Norrath is very similar to BG:DA. Why is BG:DA so terrible yet CoN is worth playing?

Part of it is that BG:DA was basically like a trick. The screenshots looked like a proper Baldur's Gate, the box description made it sound like it was a proper Baldur's Gate game, but it wasn't. And, it wasn't like today, where I could go on IGN or YouTube and look up gameplay footage with a few mouse clicks. The other part is that everything BG:DA does, CoN does better. They're similar in style and gameplay, but one is superior, so why would I play the inferior one?
    LoubCrevsDaakjackjackTJ_Hooker
    edited March 2014
    @Cruester94
    Even though I have long since erected a personal vendetta against @Schneidend‌, I have to wholeheartingly agree with him on this matter - DA was nothing but a cheap cash grab - not worthy of the Baldur's Gate series, and much less of the Dungeons and Dragons title, exactly like Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Also, what is it that afflicts your mind? Your style of writing is reminiscent of someone on crack or synergistic drug reactions, no offense, but you bring absolutely random things to the discussion which are completely irrelevant and oftentimes false. The lack of punctuational fluidity and orational subordination and coordination also gives your posts an incredibly artificial yet crude feel uncharacteristic of sane human beings, and even most insane human beings (myself included) - it sounds as if your phrases were generated by a computer, since, while they do conform with the standard English grammar, they are much more prosaic than those which we are accustomed with.
    Seriously, you remind me of myself when I'm on psychosis, only less scholarly and trivial, likely due to your comprehension of the phenomenon known as "empathy".
    @Loub‌
    Whoa. A personal vendetta against moi? I'm touched, but also at a loss. What dastardly deed has earned me such a dubious honor?
    jackjack
    edited March 2014
    @Loub
    I was simply stated true facts and personal opinions. My bad if my grammar was off or whatever you were saying. I didn't know that I was writing and essay to be graded, sorry to disappoint you professor. Wtf, seriously?
    booinyoureyes
    edited March 2014

@Loub‌
    Whoa. A personal vendetta against moi? I'm touched, but also at a loss. What dastardly deed has earned me such a dubious honor?

Irrelevant to this thread, I could write volumes on the things I've seen you do that fuel my loathing towards your being, but this is neither the place nor the time for it.

What matters in these hallowed grounds of here and now is the discussion of the pathethic excuse for a game known as Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and its vast inferiority compared to the games this forum is dedicated to. Some personal attacks towards the OP are also to be expected, as is a private message from Heindrich and thread closing due to violation of forum rules - there, I have distilled everything that will happen here, the only thing that remains now is to experience the beauty of the decay that will soon befall this discussion - it's mouthwatering, maybe even arousing.

@Loub
    I was simply stated true facts and personal opinions. My bad if my grammar was off or whatever you were saying. I didn't know that I was writing and essay to be graded, sorry to disappoint you professor. Wtf, seriously?

Your grammar wasn't off, your linguistic fluidity was.
    But it is true, I am not certain what brought this on, I seem to have assumed an inappropriate mask to don in these forums today, and I find myself unable to take it off, perhaps I should try dunking my being into warm water to see if the bindings come loose.
    The thing is, I have an extremely unstable personality, and it appears that today I woke up with my "stern" emotional personality imprinted on my being, which is somewhat appropriate given my profession as a teacher, but extremely annoying at an online forum, sorry if I have bothered you, I am not used to dealing with adverse reactions from other human beings.
    Like I have said in between my statements, I meant no offense by my observations, they were merely that - points I evaluated from you and materialized into a discourse - much like the description of a plant or an analysis on a book - to be evaluated is not something to be feared, but to learn improve from, which many people fail to realize until the cold, harsh reality that adulthood brings crushes their immature ideals.
    And I seem to be only making matters worse. Sorry, I'll remain quiet for a time while I envelop myself in my coccoon of pain and loneliness (my bedsheets) with Charlotte Corday (my plush beluga).
    Do send me a private message detailing your every grievance, please.
    TJ_HookerjackjackCrevsDaak
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2014

TJ_Hooker said:

Part of it is that BG:DA was basically like a trick. The screenshots looked like a proper Baldur's Gate, the box description made it sound like it was a proper Baldur's Gate game, but it wasn't. And, it wasn't like today, where I could go on IGN or YouTube and look up gameplay footage with a few mouse clicks. The other part is that everything BG:DA does, CoN does better. They're similar in style and gameplay, but one is superior, so why would I play the inferior one?
    That actually explains a lot. BG:DA was my first experience with the franchise, so for me the fact that it was such a radical departure from the PC games was a non-issue (and I didn't actually see any of the marketing for either the PC or console games). After discovering the PC games some time later, and seeing how much hate some long-time BG fans had for the console games, I always wondered if that bitterness might be the result of some sort of deception like what you described.

Also, I guess I really ought to check out CoN one of these days, as I actually quite like BG:DA.

If you guys really think that if they do make a new game they they would make it like the previous games then think again because the previos games' gameplay, settings, and combat are so out dated now-a-days and I'm confident that there will never be a game with the similarity of the previous game no where in the future.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/691086

That game raised nearly $4 million, and a large selling point was that it was going to be a modern day equivalent of an Infinity Engine game (the engine that BG1+2, as well couple other games, are based on). So it would appear your confidence is unfounded.
    @TJ_Hooker‌
    Wow! That trailer just blew my mind. You have most definitely proved me wrong on that point. Thanks for adding this information to this thread.
    TJ_Hooker
    @TJ_Hooker‌
    Definitely play CoN, though I'd recommend getting at least one friend to play it with. The game is punishingly tough solo, and just plain ten times more fun co-op. A friend of mine plays through it solo on the regular through some uncanny talent. And yet, he finds Dark Souls too frustrating to play even with me at his side. He is an enigma wrapped in a mystery and topped with intrigue, that guy.

@Loub‌
    Still waiting on that message. I was looking forward to feeding off of the residual hatred like some kind of empathic vampire.

CaloNord
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All right people, no need to flame the OP and each other. You all know the forum rules.
    CrevsDaakelminsterbooinyoureyes
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I love Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. What most people don't understand, is that you're expecting a console to be as good as a PC. I completely understand that Dark Alliance doesn't hold a candle to BG1 & BG2 storywise, but isn't it possible for a game to be a good hack n' slash on the console? Sure it's a money grab by using the same name, what company doesn't do that now!?!?
    @Wiggles‌

Obsidian Entertainment, for one.

@Schneidend‌

I will not give my enemy the privilege of gazing into my mind - you want to mine my gray matter? Fight for it, no one is going to give you anything if you are undeserving - prove it to me that you are a worthy opponent and I might just give you the satisfaction of leaping into my abyss.

Like I said before, our personal vendetta is not a matter to be discussed here, let us just focus on the subject at hand and ignore our own passions, okay?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    Loub said:

Schneidend‌

I will not give my enemy the privilege of gazing into my mind

I don't think he considers you an enemy, maybe he just wants to apologize.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The day I see either of you apologize, I'll eat my hat.
    Mmm…hat.
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyesNonnahswriter
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Okay one of you two apologize right now.
    NecomancerFredjoCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
    edited March 2014
    So I just sent a message pointing out a few of the indignities and flaws in @Schneidend‌ ' s being and how he has brought my loathing onto himself. I'm just waiting to see his reaction and whether he will face this struggle like a decent person would or ignore it like a coward.

Honestly, I don't have high hopes on this, most likely he will forward the message to a mod and then accuse me of harassment. *sighs* Such is life.

I wouldn't expect for my statements to be answered soon however, since he is known to be inactive on these forums, returning only occasionally to spout his... statements and then abandoning the discussions. He may have a reason for this, but that still doesn't excuse what transpires between us.
    jackjack said:

Okay one of you two apologize right now.

Apologies are just as empty as the people behind them, and knowing how much of an empty shell tinted with pathos I am, I don't believe my forgiveness would mean much.
    edited March 2014
    Was that aimed at me?
    I assure you that I am not, nor were I ever, trolling - this is my actual personality, which you would be familiar with if you read my other posts - my own speech and thought patterns are strange and my comprehension on human social interaction is poor due to the combination of three medical conditions: Asperger's Syndrome, Unstable Emotional Personality Disorder and ADHD - in order of how much they affect my personality.
    I am aware of the dark triad complex and I must assure you, however, that the only one I fit the criteria for is the Machiavellian one, due to the Social Darwinistic ideologies imprinted on me during my association with numerous entities - that doesn't mean, however, that I am 100% of the time using such lines of thought, nor that they make me a necessarily bad person - it is an ideology, not a moral code - a hardening of the soul, if you will, misguided by your standards, but not necessarily corrupting.

And I believe we have driven this thread astray from its purpose. A waste, really. Most likely it will be closed, which is not necessarily a bad thing, since my own passion has taken over this organism like a tumor, the only solution would be putting it down. I had no idea my influence would be this cancerous. Forgive me, truly.
This discussion has been closed.