Skip to content

[CRASH] Random game crashes

kosmaskosmas Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Step by step:

1. Start BG2:EE
2. Play
3. Crash

;-)

Seriously:
I have random game crashes following no pattern. Sometimes it happens 2minutes in, even before loading a savegame, sometimes it takes half an hour playtime. Never more than an hour though.

I installed quite a few mods (which I know is none of your business), crashes started, I then removed the game from the beamdog launcher, reinstalled --> same issue with the vanilla version (which I hope is your business :-) )

My question:
Are there any hidden files / registry entries / whatever which is not fully de-installed when removing the game from the launcher? Or in other words, how can I get BG2:EE back into its vanilla state?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: BG:EE runs perfectly fine
Post edited by kosmas on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    kosmas said:

(which I know is none of your business)

Actually, that's the only thing I was going to ask :P so... Could you please copy the contents of the weidu.log and paste it in the forums? (It's in the same directory as the override folder and the CHITIN.KEY of BG2:EE).
  • kosmaskosmas Member Posts: 8
    By the time it first started, I thought I just overdid it with the mods and uninstalling and rebuilding it piece by piece would help me to identify the black sheep. Anyhow, due to the uninstall I don't have the weidu.log anymore.
    Also: Shouldn't that be irrelevant after a complete reinstall?

by the way: I only used the mods from the recommended mod list on this forum (and in the recommended install order)
    After re-installing, the override folder is gone (or maybe I deleted it manually, can't remember since I reinstalled several times now ;-) )
    It crashes for new games as well as old saves. The strangest thing is that it also crashed on the title screen once.

Thanks for your help anyways!
    For 20min I believed it worked. It didn't... :-/

Do you have any other ideas?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @kosmas‌ Contact support@beamdog.com or send a PM to @Dee for technical support.