Skip to content

Need a Fighter/Mage/Druid...

calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
Would it be hard for someone to make a mod that would incorporate a Fighter/Mage/Druid class? In 2.5 edition rules, this class is available. Have you heard any news from anybody that this was going to be modded or implemented?
SCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014
    It's hard coded into the game and i don't think you can mod for that, or someone would already have done it.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I know that in the past mods have been made for BGT/Tutu, which allow the player approach a Mage/Druid class. One was called Geomantic Sorcerer and the other one Druidic Sorcerer. Not sure if these were good mods, as I've never played them...

Taking into account @SionIV's remark, an option could be creating a cleric kit, for example a Silvanite cleric or a priest of Mielikki or of some other earth/nature-oriented deity. The kit abilities and restrictions would then have to be similar to those that apply to druids (i.e. armor and weapon restrictions, stat requirements, spells). One could edit the kit into a Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclass using EEKeeper or a similar editor.
    booinyoureyes
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think that it CAN be modded, but it will be a pain to do. That won't work. If you want to replace it... You'll have to edit the class to be like the multi-class w/druid option, so, that means changing the restrictions and re-writing some files. That'd be much easier and you'll be able to select it in the slot F/M/C is since it will replace it.

an option could be creating a cleric kit, for example a Silvanite cleric or a priest of Mielikki or of some other earth/nature-oriented deity. The kit abilities and restrictions would then have to be similar to those that apply to druids (i.e. armor and weapon restrictions, stat requirements, spells). One could edit the kit into a Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclass using EEKeeper or a similar editor.

Yes, that's like replacing it, but a better idea, it can be done but it will take a while to assign the spells and that stuff.
  • calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for your replies. I guess I can work EEkeeper, but I wish I new how to mod.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014
    calistan said:

Thanks for your replies. I guess I can work EEkeeper, but I wish I new how to mod.

I wasn't aware the word "new" could be used as a verb.

EDIT:
    Oh, here it is, located in the dictionary of the University of Nowhere:

New - /njuː/ - verb, transitive, direct, regular.
    1. To lubricate.
    2. To sample.
    3. To draw the sigil of Venus being fisted on university property and subsequently get reported for drawing venusian sigils being fisted on university property, and then suspended for drawing female symbols being fisted on university property.

Examples:
    "I just newed my magnoliophytical genitalia with cooking spray!"
    "Would you like to new the asbestos perfume offered here in Starbucks?"
    "Oh, mommy, I newed the desks with peanut butter!"
    CrevsDaakBlackraven
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    hmmm...
    you can make a fighter/mage/cleric then edit the spell selection with eekeeper, removing the cleric only spells and adding the druid only spells. You can also add a shapeshift ability.

As far as I know the only issue would be weapons
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Loub knew without k, he must have made a typo.
    Blackraven
    edited March 2014
    @CrevsDaak
    I am aware of that, I just wanted to take that opportunity to make my own attempt at a joke (evident by the tongue-in-cheek posturing of the post), which I don't know succeeded or not.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Loub said:

@CrevsDaak
    I am aware of that, I just wanted to take that opportunity to make my own attempt at a joke (evident by the tongue-in-cheek posturing of the post), which I don't know succeeded or not.

Knot.
    RAM021
  • knight1337knight1337 Member Posts: 32
    I want a Fighter/Mage/Thief/Cleric..
    GoturalRAM021
    edited March 2014

I want a Fighter/Mage/Thief/Cleric..

How about a Fighter/Mage/Thief/Cleric/Ranger/Druid/Paladin/Monk/Sorcerer/Barbarian while we're there?
    GuboRAM021
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Cleric/Mage/Thief would be enough. Edit the thief into a Swashy, and you basically have a Fighter/Thief/Cleric Mage in a triple class character.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited March 2014

hmmm...
    you can make a fighter/mage/cleric then edit the spell selection with eekeeper, removing the cleric only spells and adding the druid only spells. You can also add a shapeshift ability.

You would have to change spells known at every level up... The list renews itself at every level up. Not sure if there is a good way to fix this for a f/m/c-->d.

as for weapon usability, I believe f/m/c's have their own usability flags. It's actually very easy to use weidu to, say, make all fighter usable items also usable by f/m/c's. One of the tutorials tells you.exactly how to do it.

Edit: with a few tweaks you restrict the class to fighter/druid-only items, and then add mage items. I think it would only be a few lines.
    Blackraven
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2014

hmmm...

You would have to change spells known at every level up... The list renews itself at every level up. Not sure if there is a good way to fix this for a f/m/c-->d.

as for weapon usability, I believe f/m/c's have their own usability flags. It's actually very easy to use weidu to, say, make all fighter usable items also usable by f/m/c's. One of the tutorials tells you.exactly how to do it.

Edit: with a few tweaks you restrict the class to fighter/druid-only items, and then add mage items. I think it would only be a few lines.
    You don't need to change the spell list at every level up. Just add all the druid spells to your priest scroll via EEkeeper a lvl 1, and they will stay there as you level up.High level druid spells will not be seen on your priest scroll but once you level up enough they will be there. You will gain new cleric spells as usual, and the druid only spells you have added will be there too, like I said. Now you just have to rp and don't use cleric only spells, since you are a fighter/mage/druid. So no casting remove fear, command, hold person, silence, animate dead, holy smite, restoration, holy power, raise dead, etc. You can delete those spells from your priest scroll via EEkeeper but they WILL be added at a new level up again, so it is not worth it. Just don't cast'em.

Then you need to edit druid usable items to be usable by fighter/mage/cleric too, via DLTCEP. (scimitars, daggers, darts, spears) and you yourself should not pick up maces/flails/hammers etc. You need to change your weapon proficiencies with the EEkeeper too. Say you pick mace++ and warhammer++ change it to scimitar++ and spear++ via EEkeeper. Be your own police and don't use cleric weapons.

It is a bit work with EEkeeper and DLTCEP but it is doable, in the end you end up playing exactly like a fighter/mage/druid.

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    lunar said:

hmmm...

You don't need to change the spell list at every level up. Just add all the druid spells to your priest scroll via EEkeeper a lvl 1, and they will stay there as you level up.High level druid spells will not be seen on your priest scroll but once you level up enough they will be there. You will gain new cleric spells as usual, and the druid only spells you have added will be there too, like I said. Now you just have to rp and don't use cleric only spells, since you are a fighter/mage/druid. So no casting remove fear, command, hold person, silence, animate dead, holy smite, restoration, holy power, raise dead, etc. You can delete those spells from your priest scroll via EEkeeper but they WILL be added at a new level up again, so it is not worth it. Just don't cast'em.

Then you need to edit druid usable items to be usable by fighter/mage/cleric too, via DLTCEP. (scimitars, daggers, darts, spears) and you yourself should not pick up maces/flails/hammers etc. You need to change your weapon proficiencies with the EEkeeper too. Say you pick mace++ and warhammer++ change it to scimitar++ and spear++ via EEkeeper. Be your own police and don't use cleric weapons.

It is a bit work with EEkeeper and DLTCEP but it is doable, in the end you end up playing exactly like a fighter/mage/druid.

interesting. I assume the spells stay because they have the "right" prefix (or it's an eeism). In any case, it's still suboptimal if normal cleric spells are available. You can still remove them at every level.

The point stands for usability. Much quicker and easier to use weidu. You can restrict your usabilities exactly how you want them.

Personally (in bg2) I've switched around armour and weapon usabilities in any number of ways; restricted wand and scroll use by intelligence rather than class; changed around proficiency restrictions (eg given mc fighters the ability to take 5 pips in all weapons); changed class names, and more all with weidu. At.first it seems intimidating, but it's not that difficult, especially with the tutorials.If I ever purchase bgee, I'll be.able to use most of what I have for that too. One and done!
  • calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
    I was wrong...this class would be superfluous and other things should be focused on. Thanks for everyone's responses and GO OVERHAUL GAMES!