Skip to content

Meagloth's Alignment Test

2»

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Hey, is a mile run under strength, dexterity, or con? It seems to long for dex, to short for con, and I don't feel like running falls under strength.

meagloth said:

Hey, is a mile run under strength, dexterity, or con? It seems to long for dex, to short for con, and I don't feel like running falls under strength.

CON definitely, DEX would be how much you avoid stuff thrown at you and how good you are at throwing stuff.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    But I think the 100 meter dash is used for dex as well :/
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Yeah, but just how much time it takes you to ;) and CON would be running a mile without getting tired of something like that.
    CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

Yeah, but just how much time it takes you to ;) and CON would be running a mile without getting tired of something like that.
    That was the idea, how fast you ran a mile.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'd say that Dexterity is probably involved in both sprints and distance running, with Strength being the other factor in a sprint and Constitution in distance.

Look at 100 metre sprinters. They have thighs like treetrunks and the rest of their musculature matches. Sprints are about maximum acceleration, requiring a lot of strength but also the dextrous control to turn it into effective speed. Stumbling out of the starting blocks seems pretty common when I watch athletics.

Distance has a lot of variety. I run on roads, rough paths, grass, hills, everywhere. For me, dexterity or agility plays a part in avoiding tree roots, head-height branches, staying upright on icy pavements and that sort of thing. On an athletic track these sort of hazards don't happen so dexterity would be less important, though still a factor in pacing yourself, leaning into sharp turns etc but constitution or endurance would predominate.

meagloth said:

Corvino said:

I'd say that Dexterity is probably involved in both sprints and distance running, with Strength being the other factor in a sprint and Constitution in distance.

Look at 100 metre sprinters. They have thighs like treetrunks and the rest of their musculature matches. Sprints are about maximum acceleration, requiring a lot of strength but also the dextrous control to turn it into effective speed. Stumbling out of the starting blocks seems pretty common when I watch athletics.

Distance has a lot of variety. I run on roads, rough paths, grass, hills, everywhere. For me, dexterity or agility plays a part in avoiding tree roots, head-height branches, staying upright on icy pavements and that sort of thing. On an athletic track these sort of hazards don't happen so dexterity would be less important, though still a factor in pacing yourself, leaning into sharp turns etc but constitution or endurance would predominate.

Sooo.. Yes?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    For a one mile run on level ground with no obstancles I'd be tempted to say that Con is the primary stat. You'd reach maximum speed within the first 15 seconds which is predominately strength, the rest would be mainly pacing and endurance which are likely governed by Con.

As with anything though, it's a spectrum in real life.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Hmm It is personal, however I always think helping beggar or not should tell a lot about a man. If spare coin then good dude, if not then neutral.
    @Teflon‌, I don't believe I have a question relating to beggars. I thing you may be looking at the original, not the revised edition in the spoiler towards the bottom of the page. I agree, and if I left that in there then that was an oversight on my part.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Ugh. I hate all those choices! What happened to 1) Turn the guy over to the police with proof of what he did. Let the courts sort it out. 2) Have him tell the law what he did and forget the $5000- how is a bribe supposed to make me feel better? Having my conviction expunged would be better! 3) Work with the village to defend it. 4) Escape your home with the diamond. Go to the law. and 5) Go to appeals court. If you bought the painting/obtained it legally, you'll have proof of ownership.

So, where do I stand on your spiteful/forgiving chart? Also, some of those "questions" have nothing to do with being forgiving, especially the robbers breaking into your home one. How does giving them the jewel they are looking for specifically tie into being "forgiving"?

Same with the barbarian invasion scenario- it has nothing to do with being spiteful or forgiving- it's being nice or being a bunghole. For the last one, you aren't even saying the painting was owned by you, it's just "Your favorite". My favorite painting is the Mona Lisa. I don't care that a museum owns it.

This is the problem in coming up with a "Third axis". Your questions don't even all speak to that supposed axis, and the answers don't often make sense. I can forgive someone while still wanting to see them face the legal consequences of their actions. Lawful people think that the laws should be followed- forgiveness doesn't imply that you think the person should be spared the consequences of breaking the law. You can still forgive someone personally and allow the law to put them in jail because of their misdeeds.

In your second scenario- the person offering you money is bribing you to forget that he did you wrong in a legal sense. But by going to jail, he's damaged your reputation, because you're known as a lawbreaker/criminal. I don't see how a bribe is supposed to get him out of the consequences of what he did. Even if it's his last/only $5000, it's still a bribe. My reputation is worth more to me than $5000. It's not a case of me being spiteful, wanting him to clear my record. It's a matter of what's right.
    This thread has been merged with Meagloth's Alignment Test thread.
    @LadyRhian‌ while I mean no offense, I find it rather aggravating and frustrating that you merged my threads. I would have liked them to remain a separate discussions. It's now quite confusing as to what this thread is about, and I do not really want my third axis to play a large role is my test. In the test it was just 5 silly questions you could ignore, Now it's the topic of the thread. And I realize that the barbarian invasion question doesn't have anything to do with spite, it's more of a good/evil question. I did say it wasn't perfect.
    And in my defense, in 1, that's what the first to options are. It's about how you do, sorry if this isn't clear. In 2, if the bribe doesn't make you feel better, than don't take it. 3, that's pretty much on and two. 4, I think fight back was an option. Remember this type of question isn't to see how clever you are at defending your home from thieves, it's to see how you feel about handing over something you love. The hypothetical question is not really even meant to see what you would actually do, it's to see what option you pick. 5, very similar to 4, he's already won it in court. This is hypothetical. you live in injusticestan, and there's no such thing as an appeals court.
    edited March 2014
    If the point of question 4 is about losing something you love, then make it about that. And if the Barbarian Invasion question is more about good and evil, why use it in a test of your third axis? That just doesn't make sense if you are using it to test the for position on the third axis (as you claimed the five questions were supposed to test this third axis in people responding to your post).

Anyhow, I merged them because you already mentioned the third axis in the other thread. And no one responded to that post. So I felt it would be better contained within the original discussion (where you posed the third axis to begin with).

I think good and evil are perfectly fine axes to put alignment in. I don't feel there is a need for a third axis that somehow needs to be defined separate from the first two. Evil people tend to be more selfish because their focus is on themselves rather than others- but it's not an absolute. Good people can be selfish (I do good because it gets me something I want/need). They may appear to be selfless, but in reality, they are not.

And in the last example, if I live in Injusticestan, I'd work to make it Justicestan and get my stuff back that way. This example also has nothing to do with being forgiving. It has more to do with "how do you deal with injustice?"- more on the Chaotic/Lawful axis than anything else (Chaotic is "Screw the law, get my item back my way." and Lawful would be either "work within the law to get your item back or simply accept what happened because it was the law." Since you are not in a position to forgive the court, and the option is not to forgive the person who stole your item from you (or paradoxically, not to forgive them and bear a grudge), it has nothing to do with forgiveness. Similar to "good does not equal stupid", the level of forgiveness shouldn't turn someone into a carpet to be walked over by anybody- and that's what several of the "Forgiving" answers imply. Personally, I also find the test too limited. If you have to choose an answer and all the answers are bad or nothing that I would do, it doesn't help. Already three of the five questions don't really have much to do with forgiveness or whether you are a forgiving person.

A more accurate "to forgiveness/vengefulness" sort of questions would be, with #5: Someone manages to take away an item from you by more or less legal means. At some point afterwards, he has a change of heart and returns the item to you. Do you: Accept the item, but tell everyone he's a thief of sorts and not to be trusted? (Vengeful/Unforgiving), Accept the item and. in telling the story of what happened, mention his change of heart and say he may have been bad at one time, but now has clearly changed, refusing to bad-mouth him or gossip about what he did? (Forgiving) Not accept the item back and call him a thief and a liar to anyone who will listen? (Actively vengeful).

With #3: A barbarian band conquers a nearby village. They are later thrown out as conquerors and you are sent to try and make the two sides come to a deal so that further conflict can be avoided. Do you: Penalize the Barbarian tribe for all future generations with punitive measures that may/will incur resentment? (Vengeful) Seek to banish them from the area so that they cannot do such a thing ever again? (Unforgiving) Or work with both sides to seek a lasting peace, perhaps having the Barbarian tribe provide a service to the village for some time/make up for damages done and reparations? (Forgiving)

#4 Thieves come into your house and steal a prized possession. Eventually, the gang is tracked down and one of them turns informer and tells authorities where the loot, including your item, is hidden. Because you are an important person in town/the area, you get to determine the fate of the informer. Do you: Pardon him from the crimes of his/her fellows? (Forgiving) Lump him/her in with the rest? (Unforgiving) Demand that s/he and his/her compatriots all be put to death for their crimes? (Vengeful)

See, these get directly to the problem of being forgiving or not. I included a "vengeful" option because you did also, not because I feel it is on the axis of "forgiving" exactly.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    @loub, yea, pretty much.
    Um, I know this thread got a bit broken and silly, but I've been working on this some more, and tested it out on some friends(and even my orchestra teacher) and it seems to be working.
    Choose the statement that you most agree with: (G)there is evil in the world and it is my duty to try and stop it whenever possible (N) it is what it is(E)I aim to win at all costs
    The ultimate goal of life is to: (G)help those less fortunate (N)be content with what you have (E)Win.
    Laws: (C)are usually unnecessary (N)are generally helpful, but I don't follow all of them (L)are a necessary and integral part of society
    You and your friends are chased by a bear, to stay alive you: (G)defend yourself and your friends (N)run faster than the guy behind you (E) throw the other guy to the bear.
    The best use of wealth is: (G) to help those less fortunate (N) Buying things(E) giant more wealth
    The suffering of others: (G) should be stopped(N) happens (E)can be used to my advantage
    I have the most fun: (L)with my friends, doing something organized and/or familiar (N) with people I like (C) doing something new and interesting
    The primary function of (perfect) government is to: (L) advance society (N) better peoples' lives (C) better my life
    The country is being invaded by Belgium. You: (L) join the army and fight for the cause (N) do what you can to aid war effort (C)run away as soon as things look grim
    The I admire someone who:(L) champions the law (N)works with the law(C) boldly defies the law
    You are in the position to deal justice to the person who murdered your beloved. You have him at gun point and he has surrendered. He apologizes,You: (F) tell him that he is forgiven. (V) tell him he is a despicable person, and demand the heaviest possible punishment. (S) torture him for a while until he finally croaks
    A man that put you In Prison for a crime you didn't do confronts you. He apologizes, and say that the only way he can feel better is for you to take this $5000. You have been quite successful, despite your stay In Prison, and you have no need of $5000. It's clearly the mans entire savings. You: (F) take the money, but slip it back to him in the night. (V) take the money (S) refuse the money, though he insists.
    A hoard of barbarians invade a village you are staying at. You: (G)investigate the cause, try to reason with the leader (N)run away. (E)use the chaos to sack the village
    Robbers are invading your home for a prize diamond. You: (F) give them the diamond. (V) fight back (S) throw the diamond into the sea
    Someone has legally obtain possession of your favorite painting. You: (F) let it go, you can still get a print, and he he must really want it if he fought hard in court to get it. (V) try to steal it back without getting caught, despite it being very risky (S) deface the painting. If you can't have it, no one can.
    Someone takes your cookie out of the office fridge. You: (G) get over it (N)stop using the office fridge for cookies (E) take a yogurt out
    You see that the person next to you is cheating on their test. You: (L) notify your teacher (N)do nothing (C) try to get the cheat sheet away from him.
    You're offered a $100 bribe to fix a second grade soccer match. You: (L) notify the coaches (N) refuse, but don't mention it (C) agree. Its just a 2nd grade soccer match.... Class-------------------------
    In high school I was a: (F) jock (R)outdoorsy kid (P) Boy Scout (T) the clever prankster (D) environmentalist (W) nerd (B) musician (C) youth group kid (S) something else..... (M) martial arts kid
    My friends say I'm: (F) disciplined and athletic (R)outdoorsy and adventurous (P) a bit self righteous, but charismatic (T) clever and tricksy (D) fair, but maybe a little judgmental (W) bookish and well learned (B) friendly and creative (C) devoted to my religion (S) batsh*t crazy (M) tough, disciplined, and religious.
    My favorite animal from this list is: (F)shark (R)wolf (P)lion (T)cat (D)sparrow (W) raven (B)peacock (C)dog (S) tiger (M) praying mantis
    If I could have a superpower it would be:(F) incredible strength (R)incredible durability/toughness (P)flight (T) incredible stealth (D) ability to talk at animals (W) incredibly intelligence (B) incredible physical beauty (C) incredible wisdom (S) incredible influence over people (M) incredible quickness and fighting ability
    My dream job is: (F)star athlete(R) park ranger (P) politician (T)inventor (D) environmental activist (W) academic (S)entrepreneur (B) celebrity (C) spiritual leader (M) monk
    If I was in I fight I would use a: (F) large metal stick, maybe sharpened (R) big stick (P) hit very hard with the weapon of righteousness! (T) a very sharp wit (D) something with thorns (W) running (B) smile and calm words (C) reason and perspective (S) sheer force of will! and maybe a little running (M) swift punch and kicks
    I would rather watch: (F)ESPN (R) nature documentary(P)cable news (T) YouTube videos(D)the Inconvenient truth (W) science documentary (B) the oscars (S) a psychology documentary (M)nothing (this is NOT none of the above)
    It is better to be: (F) strong (R) tough (P) faithful (T)quick and clever (D) natural (W) smart (B) well liked (C) wise (S) unique (M) disciplined
    My favorite clothes to wear everyday are: (F) camo vests and cargo pants (R) something practical, neutral colored, quiet (P) snazzy suites, loud and stylish(T) something nondescript with lots of pockets (D) environmentally friendly, fair trade clothing. (W)jacket and bow tie(B)whatever's in Style, I very chick (C)modest, reasonable clothing (S)ROBES! bright, shiny robes! Or whatever's clean.... (M)practical, comfortable clothes, I don't care how I look.
    The outdoors should be: (+D)protected from human development entirely (-[no effect]) used responsibly and enjoyed (-D) destroyed. Burn baby burn!
    If I witnessed a mugging, I would: (P)jump in and save the victim (-)call the authorities (-P)run away
    If provided with the opportunity to learn a new martial art, I: (F) gladly accept! I'm always learning new ways to defend myself. (-)accept, but only cause it's free and my friend wanted me to. (-F) decline. Learning to fight just isn't practical these days.
    My friends are going on a hike and invite me to come. I: (R) offer to lead the hike, and point out interesting natural features. (-) agree to come along. It'll be fun. (-R) decline. I hate hiking, and the outdoors in general.
    There is a talk being given in town on a new astrophysics concept. I would: (W) definitely go. I love science. (-)look into it. I might go if I'm not doing anything else. (-W) not even consider going. Science is boring.
    Which statement best describes you: (T) I am very sneaky. I can hide in most places and scare my friends. I often hear, "oh! I hadn't realized you where there. (-) I'm not particularly stealthy, but I think I can hide if I have to (-T) I cannot hide. When I try to sneak up on my friends, the laughter at me without even looking over their shoulders.
    I am: (C) very religious. My faith permeates every area of my life. (-)not particularly spiritual, but I respect religion and maybe sometimes go to church/mass or whatever is the norm (-C) I find the Idea of god ridiculous. I try to free people from the iron fist of religion.
    I am: (S) incredibly weird and unique. I. am. *special*. (-) just as unique as the next guy. Everybody's different (-S) completely normal. There is almost nothing remarkable about me. Sometimes my friends say I'm boring.
    I play a musical instrument: (B) very well I take/took lessons extensively, and play more than one (-)I took some music classes in school, but I never took it father than that. (-B) I can not carry a tune in a bucket. If I hum people on the subway tell me "in tune or not at all"
    I am: (M) a skilled, devoted, disciplined martial artist. I can take blows that would end lesser men, and hit back harder. (-) I took some karate as a kid... (-M) when my friends jokingly hit me, I crumple up into a ball and prepare for the end. When I hit someone the laugh and walk away. Race--------------------
    When it comes to build I am: (E)tall and extremely skinny (HE) a bit taller and skinnier than average, but nothing special. (HU) average (D) shorter than average, but average build otherwise. (H) short and a bit plump (G) short and skinny (HO) very large. I am taller and heavier than average
    My strongest characteristic is my: (G) intellect (HO) general physical ability (H) skill with my hands, fine motor skillility. I am a (HU)nothing in particular (HE) I don't have any specialty, but I seem to be good at everything I try (D) my toughness. I can take some punches, and some beers. (E) my likability/ appearance
    People describe my facial features as: (H) friendly and a little cherubic (HO) broad, muscular and tough looking. Actually a bit ugly, according to some people (HU) nothing special, really. Just average. (E) pointed and devilish. Foxy. (HE) not particularly striking, but i think I'm prettier than most. (HU) just normal. Average.
    It is better to be: (G) smart (-G) wise
    It is better have: (H) finger dexterity, fine motor skill (-H) physical strength)
    It is better to be: (D) tough (-D) quick
    It is better to be: (E) quick (-E) tough
    It's better to be: (HO)strong and tough (-HO) wise and intelligent
    Its better to be: (HU) average (-) extreme
    It's better to: (HE)have a specialty (-HE) do everything alright
    It's better to be a: (HU) jack of all trades (-HU) be a specialist. Stats- add numbers and find average
    Strength------------------
    I can bench press about(lbs): (3)30 (6)99 (7)111(9)134 (11)157 (13)180 (15)195 (16)219 (18)250 (19)400
    I can do ______ push-ups before tiring: (1)0 (3)2 (6)8 (9)13 (12)25 (15)45 (17)100 (18)130 (19) 200
    I can do _______ sit-ups before tiring: (1)0 (4)5 (7)15 (9)27 (13)45 (15)150 (17)250 (18)400 (19)600
    I can do _____ pull ups before tiring: (2) 0 (4)almost 1 (7)one if I didn't have much breakfast (10)1 (14)5 (15)8 (17)15 (18)30 (19)45
    I can carry a pack of_____ lbs: (1)5 (3)13 (6)30 (9)50 (12)90 (15)140 (17)180 (18)210 (19)300
    50. I can hang on a 2-3" dowel for(minutes):(3) I cannot get on the bar (2)I can't (5)0:10 (6)0:30 (8)1:00 (10)2:00 (14)4:30 (16)10:00 (18)30:00(19)60:00+
    Dexterity----------------
    51. I can stand on one foot for(minutes): (1)0:01 (3)0:05(6)0:15 (8)0:30 (10)2 (13)5 (16)15 (18)60 (19)180
    52. Now on the other foot with your eyes closed: (2)0:01 (4) 0:05 (6)0:10 (9)0:20 (11)0:37 (14)1:00 (16)2:00 (18)10:00 (19)30:00
    53. When I comes to sports that involve throwing/hitting fling objects I am: (2)world-class terrible (3)really, really terrible (5)I can't catch (8) about average (10)decent (13)just a smidge over average (15)really not terrible (17) very good (18) I could play professorially, If I wanted
    54. Do a standing long jump. What did you get? (1)<1' (3)1' (5)3' (7) 4' (9)5.5' (12)7' (15)10' (18)17' (19)24'
    55. I do I 100 meter sprint in ________ seconds: (2)100 (4)60 (5) 40 (7)30 (9)17 (12)15 (17)12 (18)10. (19)9.6
    Constitution----------------------
    56. I run a mile in(minuets): (2)20:00 (4)15:00 (6)13:00 (8)10:00 (11)8:00 (14)7:00 (16)6:00 (18)5:00 (19)4:30
    57. I am home sick: (1)permanently (3)always, but I can go out with the help of technology (5) more than 6 weeks a year(7) more than 2 weeks a year (10)less than 2 weeks/year(12) just a few days a year (15)very rarely. I don't usually use sick days (18)once or twice (19)never

58. How long can you function effectively without sleep? (1)I am in a coma (3)I wake up <3 hours/day (5)I can barley make it through the day, though I get enough sleep. (8)normal, though I'm often tired. (12)a little better than average (15)actually quite a while. I go to bed late, and get up early (17)I can stay awake a *very* long time. (18)I pull all-nighters and nobody notices (19)more than 40 hours, and nobody notices

59. Hold your hand in a bucket of ice water for 5 minutes. On a scale of 1-10(10 being the worst), how much did it hurt? (2)10, and I only kept it in for seconds. (5)8-9, and I kept it in for 2m (8)7, I kept it in for the whole time, but was glad to be done(11)5, whole time (14)4, whole time, (16)2 (17)1, it did not hurt (18)0, it was refreshing. (19)Um, i do this to cool of.

60. How long can you hold your breath(minuets)? (3)0:10 (5) 0:15 (7)0:25 (10)0:35 (12)0:60 (15)1:10 (17)3:00 (18) 6:00 (19 10:00+

Charisma------
    61. How easy is it for you to get people to do what you want? (2)I have never been able to do this (4)only with bribes (7)pretty difficult (9)hard, I'm as good as most people (12)not so hard, people do what I say, given reasonable incentive. (15)not hard. People usually do as I suggest(17)easy. People do what I say. (18)very easy. I could base my career on my skill (19)I can convince anyone to do anything.

62. When it come to socializing, it is: (2)incredibly difficult. People ask if I'm "special" (4)very, very awkward. I avoid people whenever I can. (7)I'm certainly not suave, but I can communicate if I need to. (9)normal, I can talk to people. (12)not hard. people generally like me. (15)fun. People skills come naturally to me (17)easy. I am blessed with incredible suavity (18)incredibly easy. Everybody loves me (19)people go out of thier way to be near me.

63. When it comes to willpower I am: (2)I do what I'm told, no matter what. (4)miserable. People often sell me thing I don't even want. (6)bad. I can't go on even a light diet (9)about average. I'm often tempted but only sometimes give in. (12)pretty good. I con refuse thing I like if I must. (16)very good. I quit smoking, went on an extreme diet, ect. or I could if I had to. (17)incredible. I can do what I must, regardless (18)I am never even tempted by thing I shouldn't do. (19) inhuman. I can do whatever the situation calls for.

64. How interesting are you to talk to? (1)not at all. I cannot hold a conversation. (4)terrible conversationalist. People avoid talking to me. (7)bad, but I'll live. (10)just about normal. (13)pretty interesting. I have some cool stories. (15)good. I can hold a conversation and am full of interesting stories. (17)very good. I can captivate quite the audience. (18)incredible. Everybody listens when I speak. (19)more than incredible. People agree with thing I say simply because I said it.

65. When it compels to lying and keeping secrets I am: (2)terrible. I cannot tell a lie if I have to. (4)people don't believe me when I tell the truth. (7)I'm really not a good liar. (9)average, normal. (12)I can lie well if I must. (15)pretty convincing, and I can keep a secret if It's important. (16)very good. I have kept a important secret. (18)amazing. I could make a living from deceit. (19)I have kept massive secrets, and could pretend to be the president.

But, um, how do you test wisdom? I'm completely lost here, and charisma probably needs some help.
    edited April 2014
    Ok, so I think everything but stats are finished now. Any attempt to humor me you have left in you is welcome. Especially information about getting it online somehow.

[strength] I can bench press about(lbs): (3)30 (6)99 (7)111(9)134 (11)157 (13)180 (15)195 (16)219 (18)250 (19)400

I can do ______ push-ups before stopping to breath: (1)0 (3)2 (6)8 (9)13 (12)25 (15)45 (17)100 (18)130 (19) 200

I can do _______ sit-ups before stopping tho breath(tiring):(1)0 (4)5 (7)15 (9)27 (13)45 (15)150 (17)250 (18)400 (19)600

I can do _____ pull ups before tiring: (2) 0 (4)almost 1 (7)one if I didn't have much breakfast (10)1 (14)5 (15)8 (17)15 (18)30 (19)45

I can carry a pack of_____ lbs: (1)5 (3)13 (6)30 (9)50 (12)90 (15)140 (17)180 (18)210 (19)300

I can hang on a 2-3" dowel for(minutes): (3)I cannot get on the bar (2)I can't (5)0:10 (6)0:30 (8)1:00 (10)2:00 (14)4:30 (16)10:00 (18)30:00(19)60:00

[dexterity]I can stand on one foot for(minutes): (1)0:01 (3)0:05(6)0:15 (8)0:30 (10)2 (13)5 (16)15 (18)60 (19)180+

Now on the other foot with your eyes closed: (2)0:01 (4) 0:05 (6)0:10 (9)0:20 (11)0:37 (14)1:00 (16)2:00 (18)10:00 (19)30:00+

When I comes to sports that involve throwing/hitting fling objects I am: (2)world-class terrible (3)really, really terrible (5)I can't catch (8)about average (10)decent (13)just a smidge over average (15)pretty good (17)very good (18)could play professorially, If I wanted

Do a standing long jump. What did you get? (1)<1' (3)1' (5)3' (7) 4' (9)5.5' (12)7' (15)10' (18)17' (19)24'

I do I 100 meter sprint in ________ seconds: (2)100 (4)60 (5) 40 (7)30 (9)17 (12)15 (17)12 (18)10. (19)9.6

[constitution] i run a mile in(minuets): (2)20:00 (4)15:00 (6)13:00 (8)10:00 (11)8:00 (14)7:00 (16)6:00 (18)5:00 (19)4:30
    I am home sick: (1)permanently (3)always, but I can go out with the help of technology (5) more than 6 weeks a year(7) more than 1.5 weeks a year (10)1 week a year(12) just a few days a year (15)very rarely. I don't usually use sick days (18)once or twice (19)never

How long can you function effectively without sleep? (1)I am in a coma (3)I wake up < 3 hours/day (5)I can barley make it through the day, though I get enough sleep. (8)I'm often tired. (12)a little better than average (15)actually quite a while. I (17)i can stay up a night and nearly make it through the day (18)I pull all-nighters easily (19)more than 40 hours with no ill effects

Hold your hand in a bucket of ice water for 5 minutes. On a scale of 1-10(10 being the worst), how much did it hurt? (2)10, and I only kept it in for seconds. (5)8-9, and I kept it in for 2m (8)7, I kept it in for the whole time, but was glad to be done(11)5, whole time (14)4, whole time, (16)2 (17)1, it did not hurt (18)0, it was refreshing. (19)Um, i do this to cool of.

How long can you hold your breath? (3)0:10 (5) 0:15 (7)0:25 (10)0:35 (12)0:60 (15)1:10 (17)3:00 (18) 6:00 (19 10:00

[charisma] How easy is it for you to get people to do what you want? (2)I have never been able to do this (4)only with bribes (7)pretty difficult (9)I'm as good as most people (12)not so hard, people do what I say, given reasonable incentive. (15)People usually do as I suggest(17)People do what I say. (18)I could base my career on my skill (19)I can convince anyone to do anything.

socializing is: (2)incredibly difficult. People ask if I'm "special" (4)very, very awkward. I avoid people whenever I can. (7)I'm certainly not suave, but I can communicate if I need to. (9)I can talk to people. (12)people generally like me. (15)People skills come naturally to me (17)easy. I am blessed with incredible suavity (18)incredibly easy. Everybody loves me (19)people go out of their way to be near me.

When it comes to willpower I am: (2)I do what I'm told, no matter what. (4)people often sell me thing I don't even want. (6)I can't go on a light diet (9)I'm often tempted but only sometimes give in. (12)I can refuse thing I like if I must. (16) I quit smoking, went on an extreme diet, ect. or I could if I had to. (17)I can do what I must, regardless (18)I am never even tempted by thing I shouldn't do. (19) inhuman.

How interesting are you to talk to? (1)I cannot hold a conversation. (4)People avoid talking to me. (7)I don't have many amazing stories, but I can hold a conversation (10)just about normal. (13)I have some cool stories. (15)I can hold a conversation and am full of interesting stories. (17)I can captivate quite the audience. (18)Everybody listens when I speak. (19)People agree with thing I say simply because I said it.

When it comes to lying and keeping secrets I am: (2)I cannot tell a lie if I have to. (4)people don't believe me when I tell the truth. (7)People don't usually believe me (9)average, normal. (12)I can lie well if I must. (15)pretty convincing, and I can keep a secret if It's important. (16)very good. I have kept a important secret. (18)I could make a living from deceit. (19)I have kept massive secrets

[intelligence](int. and wis. start at 9, and are modified as per the instructions.) What's your IQ? If you know this, skip the other int questions. (1)<50 (3)75 (6)85 (9)100 (12)110 (15)122 (17)130 (18)145 (19)160+

There are 12 passengers on a bus. At the first stop 2 get off, and one gets on. Then 3 get off, and 2 get on. Then 5 get on, and 0 get off. Next 0 get off, and 4 get on. Then the last four people who where originally on the bus get off. How many people are on the bus? (+1)16 (-)15 (-1)none of the above

What was the first question on the test? Write it down, then go back and check. We're you: (-1)completely wrong (+1)correct (-)right idea but the wording was off

Solve for x: [x(10)+200]/3=100: (+1)x=10 (-1)100 (-2)5 (-2)200 (-)1

Find two words, one from each group, that are closest in meaning. Group A:(raise floor stairs) Group B.(top elevate basement) (+1)raise and elevate (-1)raise and top (-1)floor and basement (-1)stairs and top (-1)floor and elevate1.
    Rearrange the following letters to make a word and choose the category in which it fits. RAPETEKA (-1)city (-1)fruit (+1)bird (-1)vegetable

[Wisdom] Do you often speak quickly, or get told off by those around you? (-1)yes (-)sometimes, but only as much as anyone else (+1)I can usually hold my tongue, and I rarely speak rashly

Do you believe strongly? (-1)no. I can be swayed easily. (-)I stick to my beliefs (+1)yes. I always stick up for my beliefs.

Do you often think about how you're everyday actions will play out I the long run? (-1)not really, it's the big picture that matters (-)only in the context of the everyday, really (+1)yes, small actions inevitably translate into big ones.

Do you often think of your place In The universe? (+1)all the time. (-)only when it's relevant to the situation (-1)I try to avoid thinking about how small I am

Do people often come to you for advice on big decisions? (-)only close friends (-1)no, people don't seem to talk to me. (+1)yes, I seem to be asked more than I would think.

Do you usually ask advice from many sources before making a decision? (-1)no, I'm very independent (-)yes, I try to be well informed (+1)yes, and I change my actions accordingly.

There is whole in the ground 2' by 2' by 2'. How much dirt is in it, in cubic inches? (-1)8 (-)96 (+1)

Are you very put together and prepared? (-1)I'm usually pretty frazzled, and am usually ad-libbing my life (-)Sometimes I'm caught at unawares, but I'm usually pretty good (+1) I make a point of being prepared and organized.

How important are words? (+1)very important. What you say defines you. (-)pretty important, but you can mis-say something and still be alright (-1)not super important. Actions speak louder than words.

Are you generally opinionated and argumentative? (-1)yes, I believe it is important to take a stand for what you believe in (+1)not usually, I have strong opinions but I try to say so in a calm, reserved way. (-)no, I usually try to stay out of any argument.

Do all of the tables seem right? There was some argument about the IQ table in another thread.

My what is wisdom thread seemed to be received pretty well, so I'm gonna try my luck one more time with this. I promise I'm almost done. I've posted the finished part of the test in the beginning of the thread.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    edited April 2014
    @meagloth‌

True Neutral Human Mage here according to your test. INT 18, but the rest of the stats are too embarrassing to mention.

Does this sound like what you have read of me? XD
    Post edited by jacobtan on
    @jacobtan‌ oh, wow, someone actually took it! I would say that's pretty good.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2014
    I got:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Forgiving/Spiteful Vengeful
    Bard 4, Thief 3, Sorceror 2
    Human/Elf (Not Half-Elf)
    Edit - A small suggestion: change celebrity to actor, musician, and/or artist
    Post edited by jackjack on
    @jackjack‌ if you score in spiteful and forgiving equally then that's vengeful :) and yea, you suggestion makes sense. Celebrity has a lot of negative connotations. I'm glad you got bard though, I was worried that it was too hard to score for it.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @meagloth does every one of your spoiler windows contain the full test? If not, where should I start?
    @Sjerrie‌ it the one in the OP that says test right before it.
  • LoverofmusicLoverofmusic Member Posts: 2
    I enjoy these tests. A few online versions for alignment and even class and stats exist too, but I cannot find the links at the moment. :-( I will dig for them some more. Also fun. Does anyone else struggle with BG rewards, penalties, and lack of penalties for characters and parties of good alignment? I equate killing for personal gain as evil and stealing for personal gain as neutral or worse. Chaotic Good might "borrow" something they would find useful, perhaps believing that things really ought to belong to everyone (or no one), but then should be just as likely to give something away to someone else who might find it useful. Yes? Stealing from the rich to give to the poor might be some form of non-lawful good. While I could RP that, game mechanics do not know one's intent for doing non-lawful behavior. Thoughts?

As for racing, my personal experience is that 50m to 200m races are often the forte of very strong runners and that 400m and longer are often the won by leaner runners with exceptional endurance (constitution?). Reaction (dexterity) plays some role in a short race, but I would rate it secondary to STR. YMMV. :-) I don't see the point in getting get too wrapped up in it the details. Just enough differences to make it fun and interesting ...