Skip to content

Elven Swashbuckler/Mage No-Reload SCS playthrough

2»

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Thanks. So am I, it's becoming frustrating... I'm going to think for a while on a next charname. I'm inclined to go Fighter/Thief in BG1 (solo) and gather a party in BG2.
    lolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Eesh... Down they fall, one by one...
    Blackravenlolien
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Its difficult to travel invisible in a group as there just is not enough invisibility to go around, and I didn´t think for one minute that any random encounter, let alone 2 worgs, could end my run.

As to the bounty hunter, one in EE one cannot throw traps. I like the multi-class mage-thief better than the dual-class as well, because I really think continuing rogue progression is preferable to 1 more level as a mage at any given point, except when waiting that last level for 9th level spells. But bounty hunter is just a pretty cool concept and an evil character that I can really get into. I play him as lawful evil: basically he will take most any job that pays, and once he gives his word, he sees the job through no matter what he has to do to complete the task. He is kind of the evil twin of Aurorus.
    Elrandirjackjacklolien
    MacHurto said:

Gather a party before venturing forth! A solid plan :-)

Hey I was secretly hoping for someone to head it in, Zidane in France-Brazil, 1998 style, unstoppable!
    Aurorus said:

Its difficult to travel invisible in a group as there just is not enough invisibility to go around, and I didn´t think for one minute that any random encounter, let alone 2 worgs, could end my run.

As to the bounty hunter, one in EE one cannot throw traps. I like the multi-class mage-thief better than the dual-class as well, because I really think continuing rogue progression is preferable to 1 more level as a mage at any given point, except when waiting that last level for 9th level spells. But bounty hunter is just a pretty cool concept and an evil character that I can really get into. I play him as lawful evil: basically he will take most any job that pays, and once he gives his word, he sees the job through no matter what he has to do to complete the task. He is kind of the evil twin of Aurorus.

Yes invisibility in larger groups is difficult. It's one of the reasons I tend to prefer smaller groups with characters who can sneak or cast invisibility or sanctuary.

The Bounty Hunter sounds like a fun character to roleplay: the unbending and scrupleless mercenary. I hope you'll journal his exploits :)
    jackjacklolien
    Sorry about the swash-mage, but my track record is about the same as yours. I actually completed the game about 10 days ago with Aurorus, but have lost 3 times since then: my druid (who has since been recreated), my bard, and a sorceror. That is why I finally turned to my bounty hunter the other day.

I just finished the basilisks with him so he is coming down to the point where it may be worthwhile to document his exploits.
    lolien
    @Aurorus, I'd like to read about the Bounty Hunter, not in the least because of the character concept you developed for him. I think I'm going use the dice to decide what I'll be playing next: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm (completely random character).
    jackjacklolien
    Do a blade bard... really, really solid for soloing or group play.. just watch the critical hits... only drawback is no helm.
    Blade is on my 'to do' list, but probably similar to Swashmage... I'm already rolling my completely random charname :D
    jackjacklolien
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    When I hear Zidane and unstoppable in the same sentence I think of the France - Italy match of 2006 :-D

Anyway, it was an easy goal for someone waiting in the right position and I have always been a fan of Raul
    Blackraven
    @MacHurto, 2006 was anoher fine "header" by Zizou ;)
    Raul was a great player and a gentleman on the pitch.
    MacHurto
    edited April 2014
    He also had this uncanny ability to be in the right place, when the goalkeeper or a defender deflected the ball, in order to get the ball and score :-)
    Blackraven
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Keep trying ! SCS no-reload is a really tough challenge and a really fun one. Maybe the fact that Cleric/Thief is considered an underdog made you more cautious with Teyl compared to your Swash/Mage
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    @Gotural, that's an interesting observation. You may be right about Teyl being more careful. I shall keep this in mind :) Atm I feel like running another character, but I might return to Teyl or a new Cleric/Thief.
    JuliusBorisov
    :-( maybe it was the deathbringer assault?
    BlackravenCrevsDaakjackjack
    Right, I hadn't considered that. I've never seen him use it in the final battle in any of my games (against charname or NPCs), but it would make a lot sense. The only other option I could think of would be some kind of insta-kill spell by Semaj (Flesh to Stone or something).
    JuliusBorisov
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I don't remember Sarevok having the Deathbringer assault in BG1, even with SCS. And I also don't think that Semaj can cast Flesh to Stone but I could be wrong. This is pretty weird, if you didn't see any "projectiles" coming your way (Flesh to Stone throws a little sphere at you for example) then there is a good chance that this was a bug.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Gotural, well I didn't see anything coming my way, but on the Bioware forums I read that Semaj (depending on game setup) does sometimes cast Flesh to Stone, so I'm going to assume it was that. As @FinalFront said, it would have been nice to know what killed her.
    JuliusBorisovMacHurto