Skip to content

[GUI Mod] BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE (for v1.3 only)

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
edited May 2018 in BG:EE Mods
This mod allows you to play BG:EE with the BG2:EE GUI. It works with version 1.3 of BG:EE.

There are two versions of this mod, one for Windows and Mac, and second for iPads and Androids. There are also two versions of GUI tweaks, one for BG2:EE and the other for BG:EE with this mod installed.

To install this mod, download it from my shs page and copy all files into your override folder.

Note: Make sure to install "Window Edges" after "Tweaks".

Note 2: Do not install "Window Edges" if you play with scaled interface on. They don't fit.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1082-bg2ee-gui-in-bgee/

Edit 2/2/16: Due to upload problems on SHS, I attached here a fix for BWS installation of "GUI Switch Tweaks - Background (Windows, Mac)" component.

BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE:

BG2:EE GUI tweaks:
Post edited by Pecca on
CrevsDaakIsayaAstroBryGuygeminibruniBlackLinxAbelwintersKamigoroshiDarksheerBaldurs_GatelunarSharGuidesMyHandOxvaKerthalSchopenhauerFifooFredjoKirkorWithinAmnesialoliendady977tmcd

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Pecca you're my man:) I very much prefer BG2EE GUI over the blue(ish) BGEE one. This is just spelndid.
    Oxva
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    I have uploaded updated version of the BG2:EE GUI, where I have fixed few small issues. I have also uploaded BG2:EE GUI tweaks.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Beautiful work!!!
    Hi Pecca, I have tryed the BG2EE GUI into BGEE and is very awesome, really good work!!!

Only one note: why the scull of Baldur's Gate Main menu is whitout the amber light inside like the original version???
    @geminibruni: Thanks. The skull is that because it already was a BG2:EE art asset, so I was easier to edit.
    Uploaded updated version with original skull and tears logo.
    geminibruni
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Pecca - This is awesome!
    CrevsDaakgeminibruni
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    grey=fantastic, thankyou :D
    Oxva
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    How does one install this?
    I have downloaded the two folders but where do i put the files in them?

In my BG/00766 folder?

Thanks for the help
    @VikingR: In your 00766 folder there is a "override" folder. If there isn't, create it. Then put all the content of those two folders in the override and it's done.
  • ClonazepamClonazepam Member Posts: 6
    Oh wow! Love the work. Looks really good! Probably wont play vanilla anymore. In the Bg2 ee interface for bgee only two minor gripes: The chapter 1 narration uses a screen from BG2 showing Irenicus instead of the one with sarevok, and the Join Game Button after selecting TCP/IP connection is blank. Minor, but noticable. Other than this, no issues. Really slick.
    @Clonazepam: Thanks for the feedback. Will fix.
    Uploaded new version with above fixes.
  • ClonazepamClonazepam Member Posts: 6
    *Impressed* I turn my head for a couple days, and look back and my wildest dreams have been realized. Many thanks!
    edited April 2014
    Pecca, I'm using this mod and it is awesome, really thank you!!

I have noticed a small bug, the number of the weight is covered by a black stripe:

@geminibruni: I'll look into it.
    geminibruni
    @geminibruni: It's fixed now.
    CrevsDaakgeminibrunilolien
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wonderful! I'll try this afternoon and will see if it works on Ipad, too. (I have both pc and Ipad versions of both games) Will give you feedback on it.
    Thank you!
    It should work without a problem.
    edited April 2014
    Looks great on pc. Great mod!
    However on Ipad the brown gui does not seem to be supported, I get blackboxes in areas supposed to be brown. Mayhap Ipad requires slightly different file formats?
    Archaic GUI was supported on Ipad, but it became obsolete/incompatible with the latest patch. Maybe the latest patch changed the file formats used on Ipad?
    Hmm, I'm surprised. But unfortunately I really don't know what to do, since I don't have iPad and I don't know what might be wrong there.
    I'm surprised too. Maybe the skins you use are of so high quality that my old Ipad2 fails to draw them correctly. A newer model (air) may make them work. Just wanted to give feedback and all :-)
    Still excellent mod, and it seems you are willing to experiment with the modularity of the gui. I will be following your mod, looks mighty fine. :-)
    All I did there was exporting a bunch of files from BG2:EE. If BG2:EE works fine on your iPad, this should too. Something else must be wrong.

About the modularity, I can explain how to do it, but I can't make a general mod, because the alignment of the buttons is dependant on screen's resolution, and there are just too many possible resolutions...
    New version is up. I fixed active weapon highlighting and buttons in assign keys menu. But the most important is that chapter and dream screens are now also in BG2:EE GUI style (see new screenshot).
    BlackLinx
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I just tried this mod on the android version of the game, the main menu works fine, but once you get in game it looks like this:

@cmk24: It seems that it is a similar problem as with iPad. The structure of PVRZ image files seem to be different from PC. What I would need to make it work is to export image files from BG2:EE Android (and iPad) version. But I don't (and won't) have any so maybe someone else can do it when it's available (and if it's even possible to use editors on tablets), I can merely explain what to do.

@lunar: Do you have BG2:EE on iPad?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    If BG2:EE Android was out I would be all over this.... but the Android version of the first game only came out yesterday. I think the problem stems from the tablet version of the game have more buttons then the PC version.
    All the buttons are even in the PC version, just hidden. It's definitely the image files being different.