Skip to content

Voices too quiet?

PagarusPagarus Member Posts: 11
Guys, just installed BGEE on my new computer - never had any issues apart from lag on my last - and I seem to have a less documented issue with voices, in that they are almost inaudibly quiet. I have tried lowering all volumes except voice to as low as possible and turned my PC's volume up, to no avail, has anybody experienced this?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Default voices are muted, not sure why and I am not sure where it happens. The female default voice is working as I used it for a whole BG:EE run.
  • PagarusPagarus Member Posts: 11
    Not even the female default voice will work for me - even if it did, I don't really want to play the game where only CHARNAME can speak. Has there been no solution?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The default voices that sometimes do not work are CHARNAME's, are the NPC's voices working or not?
    In which language are you playing and what is your game version (can be found in the options menu).
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    CrevsDaak said:

The default voices that sometimes do not work are CHARNAME's, are the NPC's voices working or not?
    In which language are you playing and what is your game version (can be found in the options menu).

if only there was a way to mute @Crevsdaak 's voice. jk bud :)
    CrevsDaak
  • PagarusPagarus Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    It's okay, I've fixed it. I think there's some incompatibility between the voice sets and certain sound cards, or something. Either way, I switched the headphone jack I was using and I now get all the sound. Weird, it seems it wasn't really the game's fault at all. Mine for not knowing my computer better I guess. But yeah, it's all fixed, thank you @Crevsdaak :)
    CrevsDaak