Skip to content

New Kit Idea: Breaker

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
The idea is inspired from the game Final Fantasy 12 International version. The Breaker is a Fighter who is dedicated in shattering an opponent's strong points.

Advantages:
-Gain once per day Break abilities at Level 5, 10, 15 and 20.
-Level 5: Power Break and Defense Break
-Level 10: Weapon Break and Armor Break
-Level 15: Magic Break and Mental Break
-Level 20: Matter Break

Disadvantages:
-Cannot use missile weapons
-Cannot be haste or improved haste
-Can only be Proficient in all weapon types except Hammers and Axes

-The durations of the following effects lasts for 1 turn except for the last ability Matter Break.

-Power Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's Strength by 2.
-Defense Break: For the next round, all successful hits will decrease opponent's Physical Resistance against all weapon types by 10% (cannot go below 0%).

-Weapon Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's THACO by 2.
-Armor Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's AC by 2.

-Magic Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's Magic Resistance by 10% (cannot go below 0%).
-Mental Break: For the next round, all successful hits will increase the penalty of the opponent's Saves by 1.

-Matter Break: Fore the next round, the opponent must save vs death or be disintegrated for each successful hit.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Seems like a cool companion for a Dwarf Defender :) because 1) DD can use the weapon this kit cannot use 2) they make a good pair, ironically :P
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    @CrevsDaak 1) is actually the opposite. The "Breaker" from Final Fantasy is a master with hammers and axes. bbear probably meant no restriction on those weapons. :)

Anywhoes, nice idea, but I don't really see it as something particularly viable in BG (2 included). It's basically a gimped fighter with a couple of (debatable) uses in particular boss fights.
    The only useful ability I see is Mental Break, but even then, if you're fighting something you can actually hit with weapons, odds are you don't really need to lower its saves.

Power break could theoretically kill something by lowering the enemy's str stat to 0, but I don't think 1 round would be enough (seeing as the Breaker can't be hasted.)

It's probably the first fan-made kit that isn't OP though. I'll give it that. It seems very "UP". ^^
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    bbear said:

-Weapon Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's THACO by 2.
    -Armor Break: For the next round, all successful hits will lower the opponent's AC by 2.

you mean raise? If not, then, um, I don't even know where to start. :P
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
     IF
    CheckState("meagloth",STATE_CONFUSED)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Spell("meagloth",CLERIC_CHAOTIC_COMMANDS)
    END
    @meagloth‌ you were confused.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have this idea for a mummie kit...