Skip to content

The Road to v1.3: Phase II

124»

Comments

• knight1337knight1337 Member Posts: 32

Honestly, pushing a BIG bug fixing patch for BG2:EE should be the real top priority now.

+1

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I think a BIG patch would be a mistake, as I believe it would never be deemed complete, and so never ship. For BG2EE, I would like to see smaller patches, delivered regularly, at least for a little while. Regular, successful, deliveries are also a great way to boost morale on the team, and raise customer confidence - and to be honest, I could really use some confidence now, waiting for even the first patch from November to ship to the Mac App store.
    TheBlackThroneAdulUnferthdarius404
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    Agreed. No other developer does 6 month beta testing for every update, and there's a good reason for that.
    YupImMadBro
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637

Agreed. No other developer does 6 month beta testing for every update, and there's a good reason for that.

Maybe for commercial products, Worms Armageddon has been getting unofficial updates for years now with the updates often being at least a year since the previous update (And generally contains a ton of bug fixes and new features)
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @shawne: That is why I think a regular stream of small patches would be very helpful around now. You are right, I have no confidence, since the Mac patch appears to have been held up 4 1/2 months not for technical reasons, but simply because BeamDog have little to no ability to ship the finished product. The final delivery part of the company simply does not get the practice to establish a good process. At this point I am trading on blind optimism - as a Mac user I am dependent on BeamDog as there is no other native port of the Baldur's Gate saga to my platform, where PC users have a choice.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @GreenWarlock‌ you could have bought BG:EE from Beamdog.com for Mac.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Dee said:

We're making good progress on our end; I'm sorry I haven't posted an update recently, but work is being done. And a lot of it will carry over to BGII:EE when we get there as well.

TheBlackThroneBlashMadeiraYupImMadBro
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    Actually what I want most is Chinese support for BG2EE..
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @silver_gp
    So do I.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Skaffen, at least there WILL be patches for it.
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    Skaffen said:

I'd settle for ANY support for BG2EE, the red headed stepchild of patching... :( November till now without any patch with so many gameplay bugs esp. in the new content is unacceptable and no relief in sight.

I second that.
    I still haven't started my BG2 game because I can't dualclass my assassin for obvious reasons. It's been six months, guys...
    jacobtan
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @Castorp If you refer to the bug with the backstab multiplier there is a fix for that, posted here in the forum.
    CrevsDaakjackjackelminster
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited April 2014
    Edit: Nevermind. ^^
    edited April 2014
    Skaffen said:

@Castorp If you refer to the bug with the backstab multiplier there is a fix for that, posted here in the forum.

Yeah, no, no fixes for me. I'd rather do something else than waste my time installing fixes.
    That and the many glaring bugs of the new content should have been fixed a long time ago. I don't mind waiting, it's just a game after all, but I'm kind of disappointed by Beamdog's lack of technical support.

Skaffen
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Believe me, I understand your frustration. That said, fixes are just that - fixes. They are rolled out individually between patch cycles to deal with specific issues, whereas patches are intended to cover a wider range of bugs, and implement new features. If you're not willing to install a fix someone has taken the time to make, that's your prerogative, but you put yourself at the mercy of the patch cycle, and there's nothing else anyone can do to help you.
    I understand that, of course, and that's why I didn't say anything until now.
    I wanted a patch, not fixes, so I figured some waiting was in the cards. But not six months, not with bugs this big needing to be squashed. And since Beamdog has basically stopped communicating about BG2, I felt it was justified to rant a little bit.
    Effinyjackjack
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Will there be any fixes on how long it takes to (quick)save a game in the mid to later parts of 1 and 2?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Castorp: I don't know about you, but if they actually make it to the six-month mark with no further support, I'm calling it quits and filing for a refund. I paid over twice GOG's asking price for a version that's more thoroughly broken than the original - there's a point where you can ask for your customer's trust, and there's a point where you're flat-out abusing said trust. Beamdog is on the verge of crossing that line.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I'm sorry, but you cannot expect people to manually install "fixes" nowadays. What's the point of Steam, Beamdog launcher etc. if they don't update the game automatically?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited April 2014
    @Dee and whoever else cares. You are losing your customer base and disappointing a lot of people. Pretty sure the activity in the forum is going down and people can't be bothered any more and are moving on. Take it up or not, I've lost my trust completely and the stupid android version which allegedly is tying up all the resources for months isn't even out yet. Your lack of transparency abd updates makes it even worse.

I've had quite extensive posts on that in the past but just can't be bothered any more to care.
    shawne
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The Windows beta has been updated, and we're beginning Phase III of testing. Go here for the full information.
This discussion has been closed.