Skip to content

The Road to v1.3: Phase II

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2014
    That's not compatible with the Steam version Jalily, correct?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Correct; you must have purchased the game from Beamdog and signed up for the beta through this process: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2014
    Ok, here is a little glitch I found (and if I remember right, it was in other versions too but I'm not that sure). When in the carnival, you can free Brawen from the stone but, if you refuse her help, she just stays there (which is good). However, if you return to the Carnival after some time, she'll turn back to stone! (That is what is bad!). I know that a simple potion stone to flesh is needed but, it's not really legit right? I mean, you ALREADY turned her to flesh! :) (I don't really think she'll like it, you know, stone to flesh, to stone, to flesh, to... hehehe).

(And, by the way, except from that, everything runs great!)
    Post edited by Vortaka on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Vortaka, the first part was already logged as 1137. The second part has been logged as 7613. Thank you for the notification. :-)
  • CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    I encountered a strange bug with Garrick and his Bard's Song - the remove/resist fear works fine technically but the mind affect animations above my Characters stay even if the fear is removed by the bard song. It's only the animations otherwise my characters are fine. This happens every time a fear effect is removed by the bard song.
    I am halfway through my second playthrough of the 1.3 beta (finished it already once) and encountered no other major bugs. Great Work!
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    @dee Is there anny way to keep the larger text and bigger combat window? With some editing or keeping some file?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited March 2014
    Necdilzor said:

Will there be an option to choose different sizes of font?

Yes please. I just got myself a monitor that displays at 2560 x 1440 and the text is rather difficult to read. Also, could you please add the "AddStoreItem" Action to BGEE like you've done with BG2EE?

PS; Has the problem with not being able to scroll left when zoomed in been fixed? At the resolution I'll be playing at, I'll definitely be zooming in. A lot!

• EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Is there going to be phase III soon, please? Or at least some update about new patch? Thanks!
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Seems will be released in several days.
    Blash said:

Really? That would be awesome, thanks! :-)
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    there's something wrong with mr. B's number of spells
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Skydog said:

there's something wrong with mr. B's number of spells

@Skydog are you using Evermemory?
    nope
    just got him at level 6, so 24 spells seem to be too many for a lev. 6 sorcerer
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Skydog: Technically, he's not really a level 6 Sorcerer:

Najim's little trick has depowered him from a much higher level, it makes sense that he'd have more power than a typical level 6...
    well he's got 24 lev. 1 spells per day to cast, 10 lev. 2 spells and 3 lev. 3 spells
    and that happened to him in beta version
    last time i checked him in a non-beta version he had less spells per day - just like a normal sorcerer (or may be a couple of spells more than a normal sorserer, i don't remember exactly).
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Skydog: Oh. That's... very strange. He's supposed to know more spells than a regular level 6 sorcerer, but 24 level 1 spells is a bit much...
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    Months ago I was surprised when I tried out Baeloth and he knew so many more spells than everybody else. I didn't think it might be a glitch....
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I downloaded the beta on March 14th and the launcher reports no update, but I'm still getting the new 'enlarged' combat log. I have version 1.3.2032. Is this the latest update?

The problem I have with the enlarged combat log is that it doesn't respond to resizing the window well. For example, if I start BGEE with a big window but then resize it smaller, the combat log extends beyond the viewable area (see examples below).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.28.34 PM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.28.54 PM.png
  • SirDarianSirDarian Member Posts: 7
    @ Blash:
    Blash said:

Where do you have this information from? Any prove?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    SirDarian said:

@ Blash:

Blash said:

Where do you have this information from? Any prove?
    Weather Channel, didn't you see the report on hell freezing over? :)
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Skaffen said:

Weather Channel, didn't you see the report on hell freezing over? :)

Man. that's old news. Didn't you know that Hell is actually in Michigan and that it froze over months ago during that Polar Vortex in the US?

http://nation.time.com/2014/01/08/its-official-hell-has-frozen-over/

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014

I downloaded the beta on March 14th and the launcher reports no update, but I'm still getting the new 'enlarged' combat log. I have version 1.3.2032. Is this the latest update?

The problem I have with the enlarged combat log is that it doesn't respond to resizing the window well. For example, if I start BGEE with a big window but then resize it smaller, the combat log extends beyond the viewable area (see examples below).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.28.34 PM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.28.54 PM.png

Yea I get the second link normally. It makes putting in console commands (which also get partly cut off)...interesting to say the least!

As far as I'm aware windows is on 1.3.2033. Mac's are still on 1.3.2032.

They released 1.3.2032 in February (so its not the update mentioned in this thread).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Thanks @Elminster. I thought something like that might be the case since the OS X version still had the enlarged combat log.
    elminster said:

So its been a month since this thread launched and a month and a half since 1.3 beta launched. At this stage I would say fix the obvious bugs (like Baeloth somehow having 24 level one spells) and then release it.

Yes!! Bring it on!
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    It's clearly time to release something. It's been an internet decade since any news.

Is there any new content in this patch? Is anything happening other than operating system ports?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Honestly, pushing a BIG bug fixing patch for BG2:EE should be the real top priority now.

I concur. In my experience, BG1:EE has been in pretty good shape for some time - it's more than playable at this point. BG2:EE however still has a plethora of bugs that irritate the hell out of me on a regular basis. I think BG2 should be prioritized.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Is there any testing going on at all? That counter hasn't moved in a month. If you still need us to test, just say so, so we can get this patch out!
This discussion has been closed.