Skip to content

Baldur's Gate comic

baldursgatecomicbaldursgatecomic Member Posts: 15
edited April 2014 in Fan Creations
Hi, I was glued with this game for 10 years and later on started to craft a comic based on its content. The comic had its own webpage but it went down as I left the pencil for some years due to real life scenarios. Now the comic will be up running again hosting on Comic fury. Please journey in and check it out, it will be updated at least once a week. All the best to you! http://baldursgatecomic.thecomicseries.com (The latest page is displayed, use the arrow to get to the first). Baldursgatecomic crew: Artwork/script: (Me) Editor: Aamir Janjua. Not to forget: All the readers and to all of the great feedback and support from you all!
Post edited by baldursgatecomic on
SwordsNotWordsZanianbooinyoureyessarevok57NecomancerNonnahswriterCrevsDaakShareazudosentti666SanctiferLordRumfishTwoWayFinessebatjellyMontresor_SPShinArchaosChackAkerhonBelgarathMTHSCARY_WIZARDTroodon80CorianderdustbubsyJuliusBorisovButtercheeseBlackravenlolienSarv

Comments

• SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Very nice drawings.
    CrevsDaakShareazulolien
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    This looks great. I'll be sure to follow this one.
    Well done.
    ShareazuCrevsDaaklolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 2014
    Nice job man! Will read. Keep up the god work!
    #bhaalin like a G
    CrevsDaakBlackravenlolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Do you do Pencils, inks AND colors?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i agree, very well done, i will also be waiting and following :)
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • baldursgatecomicbaldursgatecomic Member Posts: 15
    Hi all, many thanks for the feedback, it is very inspiring for me to read your comments! I sketch the comic pages on paper then I scan the page and do the lineart in Illustrator and the coloring and more black shadows with Photoshop. The script is edited by a person i coolaborated with and I hope to get him hooked again as my knowledge in the written English is limited. That person is thus a major part why the text content turn out so good giving it a feeling that my drawings and the comic need to uphold a quality in the storytelling.
    booinyoureyessarevok57CrevsDaaklolien
    edited April 2014
    Some of the first pages was inked with a brush before I went to digital inking. Again, thanks for the support!
    booinyoureyessarevok57lolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It's awesome, I'll look forward to it!!
    Your drawings are really awesome, also, the storytelling is very well made to fit in the comic :)
    Many thanks for looking forward to it, it is inspiring to know! Thanks for the kind feedback!
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Interesting. Please continue :-)
    CrevsDaakShareazulolien
    Hey there, I will aim to continue all the way through to the grand final scenario. Thanks for all the great support and feedback, it means a lot!
    ShareazuCrevsDaakbooinyoureyeslolien
  • ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    A fine start my friend... keep up the good work!
    CrevsDaak
    edited April 2014
    Thousands of thanks, all the kind comments and supportive feedback will be used as inspiring fuel to keep it up!
    Shareazulolien
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Dude, this is really cool! You even made me use the word "dude." And here I am wasting my time with an epic poem when there are comics around. ^_~

Seriously, I'm liking what you've got so far. Keep it going.
    booinyoureyesBlackraven
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    This is highly awesome! Can you include a Mummie Gnome somewhere along the way...
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    big thumbs up to baldursgatecomic
    CrevsDaak
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    Just want to say how much I'm enjoying your comic so far!

I also appreciate the style, which I knew nothing about until my hubby did the sketch, scan, and color on Photoshop thing for the profile picture I'm currently using. It was fascinating to see how a rough sketch gets transformed on screen! He got the concept of BG/fantasy wrong though (ie. colored things in superman red and blue, put starbursts, etc).
    Hi adventurers and friends, I am so thankful for the comments here. Very giving to read, I sure enjoy them and get inspired by them. Great idea with the Mummie Gnome Anduin. I know one Gnome that surely would be involved in animating such beings as a step to rule the world, Tiax! Nice profile image your hubby crafted batjelly. I like the title dude LordRumfish :-) Again, thousands of thanks all!
    lolien
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Instantly favorited!
    CrevsDaak
    Heavy thanks Montresor_SP! Heavy thousands of thanks to all of you for the support! For the fallen!
    sarevok57lolien
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I remember seeing that comic several years ago, and also that the site was down for a long time. Good to see you back, @baldursgatecomic.
    Archaos
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2014
    @baldursgatecomic

So there you are!

I've been following your comic for years until the official site went down or something and also did some searching on deviantart without much success and wondered if you gave up.

Big fan of your work, keep it up!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Btw, if I remember correctly, didn't you also draw a page with "Abdel" and Imoen fighting an ankheg early on?
    Hi there Shin, you remember correctly about the first creations of the comic involving Abdel and Imoen. Those pages were taken away from the process later on due to that Abdel both in his name and characteristics were too much of a brute and readers related to the novel. So the protagonist got renamed and his characteristics changed as well. I am glad that you find it good that the comic is revived. I had some real life issues causing my retreat, but I am planning to run this all the way to the end. I am so thankful for the support and that you all are willing to head in to this creation with me.
    ShinCrevsDaaklolien
    Hi Archanos, I am very happy that you followed the comic and that you found your way back to it now as it has revived. It is fantastic how strong the community is within the Baldur's Gate trilogy, that after years it still lives due to all of you. I do myself hold many dear memories to the adventures with all the amazing npc's and I hope that the comic will live up as a worthy portrayal of the Baldur's Gate saga.
    lolien
    edited April 2014
    I will aim to updating every Friday and sometimes it will be updated at Mondays too. I work 100% as a caretaker involving many night shifts so the time is narrow at times.
    lolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Wonderful work. I look forward to more.

I like how you depict the Time of Troubles - it really brings the story to life.

I thought the drawing of Bhaalspawn conception was particularly well-done. The art can be interpreted that the spirit of Bhaal comes to a female in the night to cause conception, rather than being done through physical copulation. That would explain very well the multiple races and ages of the Bhaalspawn, as Bhaal would probably not be bound by time or DNA in what amounts to a long series of magical impregnations.

It's open to interpretation other ways, though, according the reader. That's great artwork.
    booinyoureyesBlackraven
    Hey BelgarathMTH, many thanks for the great feedback about the Time of Troubles content that I implemented to bring, (just as you wrote) life to the story. You also analyzed the idea about the conception very well, still it is also left for the reader to fill in. Thats what I find interesting with art overall, that the viewer/reader is a part of the artwork.

Many thanks for the kind words, and the wish of strength lolien!
    CrevsDaaklolienBlackraven
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @BelgarathMTH Well Bhaal was able to take any form he chose, so DNA is not important (and not really applicable to the Realms).

Also as a god, he could teleport anywhere so time wasn't an issue either since that happened before the Time of Troubles.
    Anyway, I'm fine with both depictions as the comic's version is more god-like.
    BelgarathMTH