Skip to content

Game Crash After successful Gladiator Match

XiianXiian Member Posts: 15
This is so F!#$in frustrating!!!!!

So I've been playing BG2EE on iPad and I am having so many issues with this game. I don't have time to list all the bugs I encounter but one bug is just making this game totally unplayable.

The game just crashes after you win a gladiator battle, the announcer congratulates you, you click end dialogue and then it's supposed to fade back into the keep merchant's area but its fade to black pauses goes to ipad home screen. I've had to fight a few tier battles 4 times before it finally works and does not crash. Worst is when I finally got to a battle that was very difficult for me I finally beat it, crashes. Oh man, so mad. So I do it again, crashes. Again, I fail. Again, crashes. WTF man. This is ridiculous. I can't play this game. Fix this shit.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @CrevsDaak‌, can you confirm?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ no, I'll need a save @Xiian to reproduce this issue, as I have never played BP2 (I just don't like Arena type games).
  • XiianXiian Member Posts: 15
    I use the arena to power level classes/alignment that are tricky to do a playthrough with. You can export the characters after you finish the arena trials. I already have a bank of 12 lvl34-40 heroes ready for a playthrough. 12 from 2 arena playthroughs or 2 groups of 6 custom heroes
    @Xiian, could you upload a saved game for @CrevsDaak to look at? He can inform you on how to obtain the required files from the iPad.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Xiian‌ use iFunbox (search for it on google) to browse your iPad's files for the saved game in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save, zip the 0000000 folder and upload it with the attach a file option under the comment box.
    Well - I basically attempted the match 7 times in a row and it finally worked the 7th time. Don't worry! I have a new bug that kills the game for me. Unfortunately I cannot save the game at the point the game is stuck at. After I defeat the Ravager in the battle between the bhaal children (the last mob alive) nothing happens in the arena. The game cannot be saved and all I can do is move my party member around in the arena. I have done this 3 times so far. It is very discouraging because it takes for ever to kill the ravager.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I have never had any of this happen, except for the difficulties killing the ravager.
    @Xiian, can you upload a saved game just prior to trying that fight?
    Troodon80; I will when I get a chance to at home. However, this has happened in other matches for me before. I can only think of 2 common factors between all times I have experienced this issue of non response to defeating the opponents in the match.

Very long battles over 10 minutes long
    When Imprisonment is used on 2 opponents or more

In the meantime I will re-attempt the matches to see if I can proceed forward like with the initial issue from my OP.
    @Xiian,
    Xiian said:

Very long battles over 10 minutes long
    When Imprisonment is used on 2 opponents or more

That could be it, the game could be detecting that there are no hostiles but that the script might be looking for dead characters. Since Imprisonment doesn't actually kill the target, it could present a problem. Or it could be something to do with a timer script (not sure, haven't really looked at those scripts in-depth). I'll try and replicate with this information.

Just out of curiosity, this isn't multiplayer you're using, is it? (I assume not, but I need to be certain)
    It happens in both single player and multiplayer - randomly