Skip to content

Dragon Disciple get a +1 to the constitution when exported

BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
Expected behavior : When I export a Dragon Disciple his/her constitution should stay the the same.

Current behavior : When I export (by save character) a Dragon Disciple he/she gets a +1 to the constitution

I also heard, some people get an unexpected bonus while levelling a Dragon Disciple but when I tried I did not get this bug.
Aerius

Comments

• AeriusAerius Member Posts: 4
    Current behavior: A dragon disciple character gets permanent extra CON when exported to a new game.

Expected behavior: CON score should remain the same when the character is exported.

It seems as if the class kit bonus is re-applied every time the character is exported to a new game, generating a CON value that raises at every export (much like the familiar hp bug).
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited April 2013
    Good to know :)!, but before that other Dragon Disciple bug should be fixed, their breaths. It only hit the first person on his range line (sometimes doesn't hit anyone at all). Seizing the moment... why only fire breath?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    There were a lot of bugs with the new kits (except dwarven defender for some reason). The main problem is catching the tricky little ones like this that you can't see very well.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2013
  • AeriusAerius Member Posts: 4
    BJMJD said:

Expected behavior : When I export a Dragon Disciple his/her constitution should stay the the same.

Current behavior : When I export (by save character) a Dragon Disciple he/she gets a +1 to the constitution

I also heard, some people get an unexpected bonus while levelling a Dragon Disciple but when I tried I did not get this bug.

I did the same thing. I exported a level 5 DD, ang got a +1 CON, just like you. But you see, a high level DD gets +2 CON total. I actually exported a level 15 DD (xp cap removed through override) just to be sure, and got a +2. I can only conclude that this is tied to the class bonus...
  • TurcamTurcam Member Posts: 26
    It's a bug. As soon as you reached lvl5 where you get the legimate +1 con bonus, upon exporting/importing the character, it keeps adding 1 point of con each time. If you would export/import the same character a few times, you have yourself a 25 con Dragon Disciple. Works like that between black pits and bg proper, and between bg1 and bg2 as well.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @hook71‌, looks like one of yours; #7234. It is actually not when importing, it is the moving between skill pages.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Yes, I'm guessing it's the same root cause. I made the report in the bugtracker based on this forum post: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26491/7234-core-dragon-disciple-gets-4-con-in-tob