Skip to content

a complete list?

Hi all
is there any complete list that contain name of all items and also mentions where can i find them in BGEE?

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    jahes64 said:

Hi all
    is there any complete list that contain name of all items and also mentions where can i find them in BGEE?

Yes!
    BG: EE: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg-ee-spoilers/p1
    BG II: EE: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23853/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg2ee-spoilers/p1

Those threads also list duplicate items from the vanilla games.
    jahes64jackjackBlackraven
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    edited April 2014
    thanks but i can't find information about the item that i am looking for in those threads.

those threads just include NEW items, right?

is there any real 100% complete list?
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    jahes64 said:

those threads just include NEW items, right?

Yep. New ones, and dupes of old.
    jahes64
    what do you mean by "dupes of old"?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @jahes64, what item are you looking for?
    jahes64
    Polymorph other scroll
    Cone of Cold Scroll
    Bolt of Polymorphing
    Arrow of Slaying
    and a helmet which is supposed to change alignment
    are ones that i am looking for atm.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    jahes64jackjack
    shawne said:
    there is no information about how and where to obtain any of the items, so how is this helpful?!?!?!?
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    there's a list here.
    I'm not sure how complete it is as to BG:EE items, but the old ones should mostly be in those lists on the side.

I think the helm is related to the baddie in Durlags Basement, which might take you a while to get to and there's some trickery involved.
    jahes64
    SethDavis said:

there's a list here.
    I'm not sure how complete it is as to BG:EE items, but the old ones should mostly be in those lists on the side.

I think the helm is related to the baddie in Durlags Basement, which might take you a while to get to and there's some trickery involved.

thanks for the link, nice site but except "Arrow of Slaying" have no info about the other items that i am looking for.

and i have completed Durlags Tower and killed that Demon Knight which had a mirror but there was no such helmet in any of underground levels!
    what is this trickery which you are talking about?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Depending on which patch you're using the helm is either only available using huge amounts of metagame knowledge and savegame abuse *or* dropped by the Demon Knight. The most recent patch means he drops it when defeated at the bottom of the dungeon. In any older patches the helm only drops if he is killed the very first time he is encountered - meaning you need to use Wands of Paralyzation or similar to stop him teleporting away immediately. It's a bit of an Easter Egg item and fairly unnecessary.
    jahes64
    Corvino said:

Depending on which patch you're using the helm is either only available using huge amounts of metagame knowledge and savegame abuse *or* dropped by the Demon Knight. The most recent patch means he drops it when defeated at the bottom of the dungeon. In any older patches the helm only drops if he is killed the very first time he is encountered - meaning you need to use Wands of Paralyzation or similar to stop him teleporting away immediately. It's a bit of an Easter Egg item and fairly unnecessary.

i want to get it without cheating.
    in which patch Demon Knight drop this helmet normally?
    The most recent patch makes him drop it at the end of Durlag's Tower, in the PC version at least. It's a fairly pointless item unless you *NEED* tohave both Dorn and rep 20.
    elminsterCrevsDaakjackjackjahes64
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    Edit: nvrmind
    jahes64
    edited April 2014
    Corvino said:

The most recent patch makes him drop it at the end of Durlag's Tower, in the PC version at least. It's a fairly pointless item unless you *NEED* tohave both Dorn and rep 20.

yes, wanted this helmet for the exact same purpose of using it on DORN. ;)

so far patch 1.2 is recent stable one and 1.3 is in beta level right?
    if yes can i get the helm in patch 1.2?

NOTE: i am on windows 7
    If you've been playing the most recent patch (1.2) all the way through it should have dropped from the demon knight at the bottom of the tower. If it hasn't then report it as a bug on the bug report forum and console it in. No shame there.
    jahes64
    elminster said:

Edit: nvrmind

Sweet I got a like for saying nothing!

You should be able to get the helmet in 1.2.

If not you can console it in with

C:CreateItem("Helm02")
    lunarjahes64CrevsDaak
    thanks for the answer.
    i am at 2014 version right now. (abandoned playing this game for a while and so it is outdated atm )

so when patch 1.3 is going to become available?
    jahes64 said:

thanks for the answer.
    i am at 2014 version right now. (abandoned playing this game for a while and so it is outdated atm )

so when patch 1.3 is going to become available?

If you own the game from Beamdog you can sign up for the beta. Otherwise they haven't said when it will be released.
    jahes64jackjackCrevsDaak
    edited April 2014
    @elminster
    how can i enable console for this game? shall i add something to properties of the shortcut?
    ----------
    mine is steam version and change log of 1.3 is interesting, that is why i asked.
    Post edited by jahes64 on
    edited April 2014
    Go to

my documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition

Open "baldur.ini" (make sure to open it in wordpad because it organises it better than notepad).

You'll want to add the line

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

in the section of the text that lists out program options. So that section should end up looking something like this (I've bolded it though you don't need to do so).

'Game Options', 'Filter Games', '1',
    'Game Options', 'All Learn Spell Info', '0',
    'Graphics', 'Hardware Mouse Cursor', '1',
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Program Options', 'Font Name', '',
    'Program Options', 'Double Byte Character Support', '0',
    'Program Options', 'Drop Capitals', '1',
    'Program Options', '3D Acceleration', '1',
    'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '30',
    'Program Options', 'Path Search Nodes', '32000',
    'Program Options', 'Tooltips', '60',
    'Program Options', 'Translucent Shadows', '1',
    'Program Options', 'Sprite Mirror', '0',
    'Program Options', 'Gamma Correction', '0',
    'Program Options', 'Brightness Correction', '0',
    'Program Options', 'Backwards Compatible 3d', '0',
    'Program Options', 'Volume Movie', '90',
    'Program Options', 'Volume Music', '40',
    'Program Options', 'Volume Voices', '100',
    'Program Options', 'Volume Ambients', '40',
    'Program Options', 'Volume SFX', '80',
    'Window', 'Maximized', '0',
    'Lua Edit', 'String0', 'C:SetCurrentXP("500000")',
    'Lua Edit', 'String1', 'C:CreateItem("potn04")',

Then when you are in the game hit ctrl + space and type in whatever the console command is into the black bar that shows up.

In this case that would be

C:CreateItem("Helm02")
    jackjackjahes64
    thanks for the answer.
    enabling console does not add "cheat" flag to my save? (i know that some games do this)
    I think that is kind of a modern thing. Either way I'm not aware of BGEE or any game using the infinity engine that does this.
    SethDavisjahes64CrevsDaak
    edited April 2014
    elminster said:

I think that is kind of a modern thing. Either way I'm not aware of BGEE or any game using the infinity engine that does this.

for example "dragon age" games add "cheat" flag to your save, if you get something via console and save your game. and BioWare made both games. so anyone know if it is the same case for this game too?

------------------
    also i will be very thankful if anyone can give me a full list of ALL items, since i still dont know how to obtain rest of my desired items.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited April 2014
    I haven't noticed anything like that during my adventures digging in the guts of the engine. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

The only problems I've seen come out of using the console is accidentally triggering scripts by creating/killing creatures/items tied to quests/events.
    jackjackelminsterjahes64CrevsDaak
    SethDavis said:

I haven't noticed anything like that during my adventures digging in the guts of the engine. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

The only problems I've seen come out of using the console is accidentally triggering scripts by creating/killing creatures/items tied to quests/events.

thanks for the answer.
    hey, how you make you posts to appear in blue color?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Blue is the color used for links, e.g.
    http://www.baldursgate.com
    jahes64
    edited April 2014
    jahes64 said:

SethDavis said:

thanks for the answer.
    hey, how you make you posts to appear in blue color?
    You have to be a BGEE/BG2EE team member.

Though technically I suppose if you wanted to be silly you could put your posts under a spoiler tag just to get a lighter blue colour.
    jahes64
    @jackjack
    Links are shown in orange not blue.

@elminster
    Oh, so that is the case, i thought there is an option somewhere for everyone.

thanks everyone for answering my questions.

now i just need a full list of all items and their location(s) .....
    elminsterjackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Oh my bad, I keep forgetting the mobile site looks different.
    jahes64CrevsDaak