Skip to content

David the Gnome BG2 no reload challenge

13»

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    MacHurto said:

@SionIV‌ no, I haven't explored every house and I have triggered a few traps. Still, that does bot explain how I hit 3M after Spellhold, I would think :-D Scrolls, I have stolen all I have needed. Everyone has all spells they could inscribe.

Might be Watchers Keep. In any case, that is how it is, no more point discussing it. Just wanted lv9 spells before ToB, but even without, I think they can manage.

Is there a reason you're not going to WK if i may be curious and ask?

There is a Demon Knight on level 3 that'll 'happily' hand you over the tools to gain 1 000 000 experience in one dialogue.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @SionIV‌ I have always felt it was ToB content. I went there to pick the flesh golem book, though. Really useful at low levels.

But, other than my axiomatic view on it, no reason. It is a good point. Will do the first two levels after rasaad's quest, that should help. For Lv3 I prefer to be careful as it is a no reload. Or is it doable without high end spells?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    MacHurto said:

@SionIV‌ I have always felt it was ToB content. I went there to pick the flesh golem book, though. Really useful at low levels.

But, other than my axiomatic view on it, no reason. It is a good point. Will do the first two levels after rasaad's quest, that should help. For Lv3 I prefer to be careful as it is a no reload. Or is it doable without high end spells?

Level 1 & 2 should be a breeze for you. Just be careful on level 2 with the slime room because they got a nasty stun and the green slimes there can permanently kill a character if they get to them. Use summon when clearing out that room. And don't go into the ice room before you've 'weakened it' or you can end up taking 100+ damage from one cone of cold.

Don't go to level 3 unless you're very familiar with the maze and how it works. Many rooms there have anti magic zones so your magic will be completely useless, some of the room also have wild mage zones so it's a gamble what happens. The demons come with both stun effects and Vorpal hits that will instantly kill your character. In certain rooms there are traps that will trigger Flesh to Stone that can also end your run.

Also when you release the Chromatic Demon on level 2, you can pick which elemental you want him to be when you release him. If you have fire spells equipped in your spellbook, wait until he turns into an Ice Golem in his cage and then release him. Doing this will have him in the Ice Golem form when he is released, which will give you a couple of seconds to throw a few Flame Arrow onto him.

Grab your mages and have them put 3x Flame Arrows into a spell sequencer, release it on the Demon when he gets out of the prison in his Ice golem form and he should be dead.

There is also a Flesh to Stone trap in the eastern Library on the first level. There are several smaller traps around as well, but watch out for that one as it can kill you.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Congrats! I just read this. I've never completed BG2 on no re-load (including unmodded). Great job. Best of luck in TOB :D