Skip to content

practically empty De'Arnise stronghold

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
edited May 2014 in Not An Issue
hey guys been a long time, but I am still playing and my MP group has run into a problem. we hit BG2 and went straight for De'Arnise where my f/t would get his stronghold, but the keep is just extremely boring, as though it is bugged somehow. We've each agreed that we remember there being many more trolls in the keep, but we are running into single trolls rather than the groups we all remember. there wasn't even a single troll in the court where we all remember engaging in an epic battle for our lives in previous games.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no effect. i am not sure if this is even a bug or the EE just going soft on us. my only EE playthrough had SCS installed so I wouldn't know if it made the keep easier than vanilla. however, we would like to play the keep as we remember it, unless of course this is not a bug and there is no fix for this. could I get some clarification?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, I think you may be remembering wrong... If I recall correctly that servant guy who Nalia tells you to speak to when you first enter the keep (Daleson?) says there are only about 20 trolls total in the keep and that he doesn't know how many yaun-ti there are. Also keep in mind that if there are any random encounters in the keep then they may have been scaled back due to your low level (since you say you made a beeline for the keep) and not as difficult as they would be had you gone later. I could check my vBG2 if you wanted but I don't think there are actually a whole lot of trolls in there...

Oh and speaking of that courtroom battle: I noticed that the trigger to spawn those trolls can be easily missed. I think in order for them to spawn you have to leave the room containing Daleson through a very specific door even though there are other doors you can take. I believe the trigger is walking on the ground near that one door... I will get a screenshot if I can...
    ChildofBhaal599
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I think to trigger the courtroom battle you have to walk through the area circled in red.
    ChildofBhaal599
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

there wasn't even a single troll in the court where we all remember engaging in an epic battle for our lives in previous games.

RAWR!

Hail and well met, brave warrior @ChildofBhaal599‌.

The epic battle will only be encountered if you visit the Courtyard AFTER dropping the draw bridge for Captain Arat's troops. Visiting the Courtyard BEFORE will only give you the Otyugh.
    ChildofBhaal599elminster
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

there wasn't even a single troll in the court where we all remember engaging in an epic battle for our lives in previous games.

RAWR!

Hail and well met, brave warrior @ChildofBhaal599‌.

The epic battle will only be encountered if you visit the Courtyard AFTER dropping the draw bridge for Captain Arat's troops. Visiting the Courtyard BEFORE will only give you the Otyugh.
    I was thinking about the one in the court, not the courtyard.

@tresset got the solution to that one. we went in through the door the servent was in, so it skipped I guess. I would never forget that battle being there, as it was a pain when I was a noob. I could've sworn there were others, but I could be remembering wrong. I know the courtyard battle worked for us, but that is not even a big battle with the soldiers helping. anyway, thank guy :)

sorry it's been so long btw, but I have just been so busy playing Elder Scrolls Online that I haven't spoken here in the longest time. Dark souls 2 PC release doesn't help me come here either. I am playing that as I type in the steam browser :) I am greatly enjoying both games, while still meeting with the BG group.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @ChildofBhaal599, can you confirm that this is not an issue? If so, I'll go ahead and move it.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Troodon80 said:

@ChildofBhaal599, can you confirm that this is not an issue? If so, I'll go ahead and move it.

not as issue. fixed by going through that door