Skip to content

#7463 [iPad, CORE] getting insta-killed in circus tent

2»

Comments

• dhertzdhertz Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same issue on iPad. Sure hoping someone figures it out and a patch is issued as I'm completely unable to advance at this point. I have tried the Dispel Magic suggestion but I can't cast them fast enough. My characters are all dead before I can get the first spell off. I've died about 30 times trying to figure out various tricks to get through it.
    Enrvuk
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Gate70 I can't purchase in the iPad beta (and I won't), the ettin does not attack, he is only part of a cutscene as well as the squirrels.
    Wait, what Demon? There are no vorpaling demons unless they were added in the EE...
    @Gate70 I can't find the Demon you are saying in BG2:EE's files, those Demon Knights are spawned by a BCS...

IF
    IsOverMe([ANYONE])
    !IsOverMe([PC])
    Global("spawnKnights","AR2402",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Myself,54829) // The sacrifice has been fulfilled...
    ReallyForceSpell(LastTrigger,RED_EFFECT)
    Kill(LastTrigger)
    CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[2724.1143])
    CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[3280.1348])
    CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[2929.1562])
    CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[3071.1172])
    CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[3094.1695])
    Wait(3)
    CreateCreature("uddeath",[2929.1562],E) // Demon Knight
    CreateCreature("uddeath",[2724.1143],E) // Demon Knight
    CreateCreature("uddeath",[3280.1348],E) // Demon Knight
    CreateCreature("uddeath2",[3071.1172],E) // Demon Knight
    CreateCreature("uddeath",[3094.1695],E) // Demon Knight
    SetGlobal("spawnKnights","AR2402",1)
    END
    There are only two different Demon Knights, one of them (UDDEATH2) has the Armor of the Hart and the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, while the others do not.
    @Gate70 *sigh* no, just let me summon them in the game.
    @Gate70 look at 50 seconds of the Demon Knights hitting my PC, the video is zipped.
  • PacketPaulPacketPaul Member Posts: 3
    So what is the status? Is there an update in the works?

If I skip the tent and go on, will I be able to complete the quest at a later time (once the bug is fixed)?
    edited January 2014
    @Gate70 it only says
    Minsc- Death
    nothing like
    Werewolf did 2 damage to Minsc
    just
    Minsc- Death
    I thought that about infinite damage (that's why many weapons have 0d6), going to take a look later, as I don't have my iPad now.
    EDIT: and Boo :D
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

So what is the status? Is there an update in the works?

If I skip the tent and go on, will I be able to complete the quest at a later time (once the bug is fixed)?

You can easily skip it for later on. You can even recruit Aerie as I think she is in the room preceding any illusionay werewolves (ignoring the ones outside hiding around the edge of the large circular building.

• PacketPaulPacketPaul Member Posts: 3
    You are correct about recruiting Aerie, but you are unable to exit the tent the way you came. I beleive once you enter the tent you need to exit via the problem room.
    Enrvuk
  • griffmangriffman Member Posts: 1
    Here's what I did and had no problems... Aerie / Jaheira have Glitterdust and/or True Sight available. Memorize and cast Glitterdust on everyone. Now everyone is invisible for a while. You can re-mem True Sight in the Glitterdust slot (if the caster only has 1 high level slot for both spells), rest, then cast True Sight. GLitterdust will remain active even after resting so it won't expire right away.

After that, go up the stairs after Aerie's room and walk the True Sight caster around until the Werewolves disappear. Then move everyone to the top floor to fight Kalah. Problem solved!
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @PacketPaul: griffman has a valid solution. If you have the windows/mac version you can export your save from the iPad to the desktop, enable the console, and then use auto pause and Ctrl-Y to kill the wolves before they attack.

The issue has been reported and is being tracked, unfortunately there's no way to "special patch" this any quicker...everyone's going to have to wait for the iPad patch to come out and that means having to get around this in another way.

Truesight is your friend here. I BELIEVE Keldorn has TS as an ability (I think?), it's possible to skip the circus tent till you can go get Keldorn via the Unseen Eye quest (Temple District) and then use him for TS as well if needed.

Several options, unfortunately the fact that this is happening on the iPad causes issues because we can't simply Ctrl-Y through the broken stuff.

Good luck!
  • EnrvukEnrvuk Member Posts: 1
    None of these work for me. Unfortunately it has to be a one star rating until a patch is released.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2014
    @Enrvuk / et. al. After just doing this myself, there's a fairly easy way (it may take you a time or two to get it right) to handle this.

The key is dispel magic, which will turn the Werewolves back into shadows...works perfectly and is AOE so you can get multiples at one time.

1) Have Aerie Stoneskin (this seems to protect her from the insta-gib).
    2) Take the party up the staircase.
    3) Send Aerie slightly out ahead of the party to try to attract the incoming Werewolves.
    4) Have Jaheria cast Dispel Magic on the ground around her.

The werewolves will disappear and the Shadows will appear. Those do NOT insta-gib so you'll be able to defeat them pretty easily. I did have to do this a few times till I could get the Werewolves tied up enough that they didn't gib someone before the dispel magic goes off. You may be able to use Haste on the party to speed up the Dispel cast to make this more foolproof.

Re-learn dispel magic and do it again for each of the groups of werewolves on this floor of the tower (I think I had to cast it 3 times). With the re-loads I think this took me about 10 - 15 minutes to clear this floor, and you can do it right out of Irenicus' dungeon, no need to get into chapter 3 and get Keldorn.

NOTE: Not every werewolf seems to insta-gib your party members...only some of them.
    CrevsDaak
  • Teletraan2Teletraan2 Member Posts: 1
    I am playing on iPad as well. I had no luck with the solutions already suggested. The only way I could get past this was to get Aerie to cast invisibility on everyone. I had only 3 spell slots for invisibility so needed to sleep then cast the rest of the party. I then took the party in (AI off and auto pause when enemy sighted) and straight up the staircase next to the entrance.

This takes you straight to Kalah where there is only one werewolf. I got Jaheria to cast dispel just in front of herself, as the werewolf heads straight to her as soon as she starts to cast. I also sent Minsc to attack the werewolf but I am not sure he was much help other than slowing the werewolf enough to allow Jeheria to cast her spell.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    After trying a few different ways of getting past I found the most effective way for me was a combo of invisibility (10'radius) and haste. I dashed up to Kalah's area and immediately laid into him with as many magic missiles as I could (also had pause on spell cast so I could immediately send more mm's at him as soon as the first ones were off). He went down before the werewolf even got to Jaheira.
  • GhentusMaximusGhentusMaximus Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Brand new to the game. This part was frustrating me but I found out that if you get the first hit on the werewolf it seems to disable its instakill. I completed the circus without casting dispell. I don't know if this has been a bug fix since you started this thread.
  • a5tpa5tp Member Posts: 1

Hi

Brand new to the game. This part was frustrating me but I found out that if you get the first hit on the werewolf it seems to disable its instakill. I completed the circus without casting dispell. I don't know if this has been a bug fix since you started this thread.

It's still occurring, I purchased the game on iPad about 3 days ago and I've just gotten around to getting into it. I'm losing party members to the insta-gib werewolves in the tent. It's a shame, because I'm otherwise enjoying the port very much.

Bit sad that this bug seems fairly widespread and has been around since January?
  • ernestoernesto Member Posts: 2
    dhertz said:

I'm having the same issue on iPad. Sure hoping someone figures it out and a patch is issued as I'm completely unable to advance at this point. I have tried the Dispel Magic suggestion but I can't cast them fast enough. My characters are all dead before I can get the first spell off. I've died about 30 times trying to figure out various tricks to get throu

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    The easy way is to cast true sight before climbing the stairs, if you have true sight availble.
    CrevsDaak
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Illydth
    On PC, in current beta, these creatures don't even cause real damage until you attack them.
    When you attack one, it will switch to an 1d12 attack form.
    You can safely test this by turning AI off + C:CreateCreature("kwerewl") then let it claw at you. You will (should) see damage animations, but no actual damage. If you make a move against it, it will begin to hurt you.