Skip to content

A Game of Stoves...

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited April 2014 in Off-Topic
I have never watched the series, but decided to invest in the book to see what all the fuss was about. I have had it a week and I am near the end... I finally understand what Lord @Shandyr hinted at...

Anyway...

The Freezer is coming... Who will sit on the Iron throne and bake under the pressure...

Choose your vegetable! Choose wisely!
  1. A Game of Stoves...15 votes
    1. Ser Gregor Marrow, The marrow that moves...
        0.00%
    2. Tyrion Lettuce, He is a small, impish piece of lettuce... Clever...
      26.67%
    3. Jon Swede, A bastard. He will set his albino dire caterpillar onto you... Watch it!
        0.00%
    4. Khal Beetroot, Leaves a trail of red pickled destruction alongside his fellow Daikon (I ate this vegetable yesterday hence the whole idea of this thread!
        6.67%
    5. Daenerys Turnip, Surely a turnip that can stand the heat! The last of the Cabbages...
        6.67%
    6. Lord Eddard Spinach of Freezerfull, A very loyal and honourable spinach... Nearly an Eddard Bean... But Naaaah! Too naff!
      13.33%
    7. Lord Tywinn Lettuce of Celery Rock, The Lettuce's are full of coin and ambition...
        6.67%
    8. Lord Stannis Bok Choy of Cabbagestone, The real heir to the Iron Stove, but can he jump out of the fire and into the frying pan?
        0.00%
    9. Joffrey Bok Choy, a boy currently sitting on the Iron Stove. He is going to be eaten alive, I tell thee!
        0.00%
    10. *Sigh* Anduin... Anduin, have you taken your pills? *Anduin mumbles how hard it was not to put something down about Cauliflowers and Broccoli and that you should be really proud of him for doing that...* Yes, yes, Anduin... Sleep now... *Anduin mumbles something about not being tired* *You turn the light off and leave Anduin in the dark... Bereft and alone in his madness... You sigh happily that such an evil option was available, even though it took ages to read*
      40.00%

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I'm not sure how Lord Eddard Spinach of Freezerfull is going to do it... But he is not dead yet (because Maester Popeye hasn't appeared yet...)
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Its not the one on the throne thats dangerous the really dangerous ones are the ones in its shadow. Take Peyter "Littlegill" for example
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    "The winters are hard, but the starch will endure. We always have."
    Post edited by elminster on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Spanikopita will rule the North! RAAAHHHHHGGGHHH
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My vote is 98% brought to you by my irrational love of the Daikon radish. No regrets - I stay true to my roots.
    I am coming towards the end of the book... It appears a lot of our vegetables have gone past there sell by date and are now going to the compost bin in the sky... Or the bottom of the freezer... Or put on a shishkebab at Kales Landing... Or finely chopped and marinated... The Game of Stoves is a cruel read...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    TYRION WILL RULE ALL!!

(Tiax is his cousin ;D)
    I have just completed the book. A fortnight of good reading. Although... It wasn't an ending as such... Just sort of... This the plot for the next book...

Is the next book just as good... Or should the book be tossed on the compost heap beyond the wall...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm still rooting for Tyrion Lettuce. :)