Skip to content

[DORN] 7893 TOB Quest: Dorn is stuck on map OH5400 & 7892 Dialogue broken in multiplayer

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
edited May 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
This is another case where one of my party members is stuck on the map. It happens in TOB when my party encounters the Planetar of Justice for the first time (map OH5400). Dorn appears to be stuck behind some invisible wall. I was unable to move on without using the teleport cheat (Ctrl+J)

It took some time to find the cause. This is a screenshot of the map using NearInfinity's area viewer. Dorn appears to be stuck between the invisible avatars of the demons/devils that are imprisoned in his sword. For some reason there are also two instances of Ur-Gothoz.

As with the issue described here it can be prevented by using a different party formation before entering the map.

I have also attached two saves for further testing (one save before entering the map and one made after the battle with the planetar).
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I thought this had already been raised but can't see it and the forum thread about it will have had my posts removed so can't track it that way either. Will have another look later.
    I can't get Dorn stuck if I try your earlier save. Are you able to get him stuck every time regardless of what dialogue options are chosen and how the area starts (i.e. I tried moving various characters so the Planetar started dialogue).
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    @Gate70 Dorn is stuck everytime I'm entering the map. The dialog options don't have any impact on it. I can avoid Dorn being stuck if he gets a chance to move to a free location on the map before he triggers the conversation with the planetar. But that's not always possible.
    When I transition there Dorn spouts a line but then nothing until I move somebody and the Planetar is spotted. Dorn can move as can everybody else but they are walking around the invisible patrons.
    edited May 2014
    Strange. In my case the planetar and its goons are spawned as soon as Dorn tells Charname that something is not right. A short cutscene takes place that spawns the planetar and a second or so later the dialog with the planetar is triggered. After that Dorn is stuck. I don't need to move the party at all to trigger the chain of events.
    What screen resolution are you using, and have you got the latest version of the game (easy to see with Beamdog launcher, possibly less so with other versions)
    I'm using game version 1.2.2030, no mods installed, resolution 1600x1200 (fullscreen), but I can reproduce the issue in windowed mode at 1024x768 as well. Changing graphics options (hardware cursor, scale user interface) doesn't have any impact.
    edited May 2014
    Same version here, and either 1366x768 or 1024x768 do this

Oh, & I was heading for ye olde siege campe

@argent77‌ do me a favour and copy your save game to the MPSAVE folder (create one in the same location as SAVE if you don't have one). See if that functions differently - which I think is another bug. Caveat: I usually drop other peoples saves into my MPSAVE folder to keep them distinct from my own mess!
    @Gate70 You are right. The multiplayer version behaves differently. My party is now placed at the same position as in your screenshot and I have to move the party to trigger the events.

Another aspect I haven't considered until now. Dorn has to be in the third party slot to trigger the bug.
    edited May 2014
    OK, I'll get this ticketed up. If you swap Dorn and say Hexxat around can she move or is she boxed.

Edit:
    Multiplayer lack of continuity raised as 7892
    Single player boxed in raised as 7893

@Troodon80‌ think I've updated the consolidated list correctly but not certain :)
    edited May 2014
    No, it only affects Dorn as the invisible creatures are always created around him.

Edit: I have managed to trap party member at slot 5 when I place Dorn into first position. Dorn can also be stuck when placed into slot 5.
    Cheers, logged both and linked this thread for reference. It may depend what party formation is used, I usually have Dorn in slot 2 with the default 3x2 and had the same issue a few months back.