Skip to content

[XP Mod] TeamBG's Level 40 Rule Set/High Level Abilities

Comments

• PasidiousPasidious Member Posts: 8
    Playing wild mage does not allow epic abilities (Comet, Dragonbreath etc) to be memorised, but does allow Nahals Reckless Dweomer to pump them out, minus Dragon Breaths effectiveness, and extra spell text.
  • HocapontasHocapontas Member Posts: 5
    I downloaded both mod's but I can't install the HLA, I click on it and it tells me:

[C:\Documents and Settings\Kyria\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\S
    etup-BGeeSA.exe] WeiDU version 23500

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Press ENTER to exit.

What do I do? Where do I put it so it will work? Also note I am still using XP, do not have money yet for Windows 8.
  • sascha_m_bsascha_m_b Member Posts: 11
    @CoM_Solaufein‌
    Please elaborate on the installation process a bit and explain why it is safe to overwrite files in the override directory.

In particular I'm concerned about the following mods installed which have placed at least some of the files into the override directory that conflict with those in rar (all with weidu installers)

g3 bg2 fixpack
    stratagems

Thanks.
  • sascha_m_bsascha_m_b Member Posts: 11
    Okay, to answer my own question...

I've played around with a few mods for EE that I've found around, and here's what I came up with.

* Lev 40 mod itself consists mostly of level, THAQ and spell progression tables. It makes sense to install it first by copying files over into empty override dir, before any other WEIDU mods that may patch those.

* I installed HLA (weidu) immediately afterwards to have them available for other mods to patch.

* I was able to install rogue rebalancing (weidu) on top

* RR refused to patch bard and thief HLA, as it's coded to skip this patch for EE. I spent some time to edit tp2 and was able to patch at least some of the HLA (most, actually) by changing this. I guess those were the ones introduced by HLA mod, but I have no tested yet.

* I then installed g3 bg2 tweaks (weidu). I must note that tweaks copies THAC0 and spell progression tables to override, instead of patching them, so the original lev 40 tables from the mod will be fully replaced if you select these options. This was not a problem for me as:

** the tables are up to lev 50 which covers all the levels lev 40 mod enables
    ** unlike lev 40 mod, un-nerfed THAC0 is capped at 0, instead of progressing to ridiculous -10
    ** spell progression from tweaks felt much more exciting for me

* I selected none of the experience cap removal options when installing tweaks, neither triple-multiclass HLAs

* finally I have installed stratagems (weidu) on top; I don't think it installed any of HLA-related stuff, as I doubt there are any NPC of level high enough for this to matter

In addition I have original movies and Deidre and Joluv mods (weidu both), but those do not seem relevant.
    RAM021
    edited July 2014
    Just a question CoM_Solaufein are you still actively updating this mod or has the interested faded, because i can safely say with the right development this mod could be exceptional you currently have 4406 downloads generated by a half executed idea if it was rounded off however,... who knows how far it could go.

PS Tried to join TeamBG so I could comment further the sign up screen wouldn't work hope to hear from you soon if at all, thanks for the fun times.
    RAM021
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've been busy lately and most likely busy in the foreseeable future as well. The company I work for is moving to a different part of town so there will be a lot of overtime to be had, whether I want it or not. :\

What about the sign up screen isn't working? I tried it with Firefox and it seems to be working fine. I tried it with Explorer and for some reason the captcha images aren't showing up.

Spam bots sure don't have a problem signing up. Wish they would and not legitimate fans of our mods.
    PasidiousRAM021
    Thanks for the reply mate, and to be honest that's all i needed to keep me engaged. I believe your mod is worth waiting for so when its ready ill be kicking around.

Im running through explorer so I'm guessing that's the issue my message end up in right place anyway. Thanks again mate see you around.
    I can't find the game folder to put the HLA in, and my mom thinks it's because I'm using Steam to play the game. Is this true? If so could you please help me, I really want to use these mods.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Probably where ever your Steam folder is at on your computer. (your computer)/Steam/Steamapps/Common
    I tried that and this is what I get:

[C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Setup-BG
    eeSA.exe] WeiDU version 23500

** ERROR ** [SETUP-BGEESA.TP2] not found.
    Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.
    Press ENTER to exit.

I suppose it's possible I did unzip it wrong, though I don't know how.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited December 2014
    Hi, i installed these files, and... my shadowdancer backstab was reduced from 3x to 1x at level 10... so, can someone provides me a way to fix this mess? Even with EE keeper to make a temporary fix.

temporary solution: i deleted the file backstab.2DA. Probally i don't have a chart for high level backstabs but at least my game is not ruined with an thief locked in backstab x1.
    Post edited by kamuizin on
    lnstructor_
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2015
    Hi. I’ve been running a fresh install with a couple of mods on top, this one among them. It mostly works fine, but I encountered a problem with the Magic Flute HLA. Namely, it gives the spell animation, but nothing else happens.

Could it be some conflict with another mod? BG2Tweaks, SCS?

Here’s my WeiDU.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajaqxxhfs0xa6dj/WeiDU.log?dl=0

I’ve been trying to ask on the TeamBG forum, but due to some session bug I’m unable to post.

Edit: Also, the Additional Spell Slots 6/7/8 HLAs have wrong texts, taken from some random dialogue.
    Post edited by Asthner on
    RAM021
  • MordenonMordenon Member Posts: 2
    Good morning :) i've just downloaded the exp cap remover and the ability expansion, but i'd like to ask some things:

1- i always play as a sorcerer. When i will lvl up till i can have lvl 6 spells (and over), are these spells inside those programs? meaning, will i have also lvl 6-7-8-9 spells?

2- what if i play mage? how can i find the spells?

3- is it possible to make over 40? (just to know, i don't think i'll reach lvl 20 anyway :smirk:)

thanks to anyone that want to answer to me ^^'
    RAM021
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Does this mod work with BGEE 1.3?
    RAM021
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Yes
    Aedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @RAM021
    Thanks.
    RAM021
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    @kamuizin take this. i stole it from @Dee
    kamuizinlnstructor_
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    Does this mod work with Siege of Dragonspear?
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Maick90 said:

Does this mod work with Siege of Dragonspear?

No. Exp is capped at 500k.
  • SpiritWardenSpiritWarden Member Posts: 10
    I'm wondering, is there a fix for being trapped in the level-up proficiency screen with a high level Dual-Class character? Was testing a Cleric/Mage but I had more proficiency points than I could spend so I couldn't level and was forced to close the game =/
    RAM021
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    As I recall you could 'Esc' through it?
    RAM021 said:

As I recall you could 'Esc' through it?

I tried, doesn't work, at least not for me. I have to Alt+f4 to close the game. Apparently this is also a problem in BG2 as well so maybe you can 'Esc' in that game but a mod for the original BG2 fixed that issue, not sure if there is a compatible version for BGEE and BG2EE.
    RAM021
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    inethRAM021
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Dee I agree.
    edited August 2016
    This mod here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/docs.php

fixes the issue with the original Baldur's gate 2, but I don't know if it is compatible with BG2EE or this XP mod for BG1EE, i'm guessing not, but if someone who knows how to mod these games wants to check it out and make a compatible version that'd be cool.

"High-Level Dual-Class Characters Get Trapped at Level-Up Screen

Very high-level dual-class characters could get trapped at the weapon proficiency selections screen at level-up, particularly for combos with few available slots for proficiencies. There are unused proficiency categories not available to the characters and the game would think the player could assign stars, even if the legal (i.e. used) proficiency slots were maxed. Because of this, the player would get stuck at the proficiency screen with stars to assign and no available slots, with no way (other than force-quitting the game) to exit. The root cause is that there are non-zero stars allowed in the extra, unused proficiencies; with these altered to zero the game properly recognizes that the character has maxed out proficiencies and skips the screen."
    RAM021
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

There are unused proficiency categories not available to the characters and the game would think the player could assign stars, even if the legal (i.e. used) proficiency slots were maxed. Because of this, the player would get stuck at the proficiency screen with stars to assign and no available slots, with no way (other than force-quitting the game) to exit. The root cause is that there are non-zero stars allowed in the extra, unused proficiencies; with these altered to zero the game properly recognizes that the character has maxed out proficiencies and skips the screen."

Wait - really? If it's just a matter of correcting some entries in weapprof.2da, then I could make such a mod pretty easily.

I'll take a look at it this weekend.
    Oh awesome, thanks! :)
    I installed this mod to the BG:EE +SoD and tried a couple high level spells in the beginning of SoD and seems to work just fine.
    RAM021
    I installed this on BG:EE + SoD and tried a couple high level spells right at the beginning of SoD and it seems to work just fine.
    RAM021
    I installed this mod to the BG:EE +SoD and tried a couple high level spells in the beginning of SoD and seems to work just fine.
    RAM021