Skip to content

Imoen's big fat round face

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2012
    Grayvie said:

P.S. What are image tags for this forum btw? =)))

You can find details on the Community Support page (I tried to post a direct link to it but couldn't work out how to do it!)

Grayvie
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    @Permidion_Stark:
    Thank you =).
    Permidion_Stark
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    Nalia does look like Drew Barrymore! I like Imoens BGII portrait much better, she looks cute. I always wished I could romance her. I don't care if she is my half sister or not.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    edited August 2012
    @jpierce55
    TCDale claimed she would start working on the ToB part right about now. Just have a few more years patience.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2012
    This thread has some pretty awesome info. I would agree that Ray Muzyka looks a lot like Ajantis, and Edwin could very well be Greg Zeschuk..though he could be Coran as well. We need more detective work on this.

Also, associate producer Ben Smedstad looks a fair bit like the head of the unpleasant gnome Neb.
    Post edited by Shin on
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Boaster you must be referring to the The Gorgeous Georgina.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Some of you guys are just nuts. lol.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524

You mean those who like BG2 portraits better than BG1 portraits? 'Cause I've been saying the same for a while :D
    g314Jairyanna
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Space_hamster
    I don't know if I like the implications of being called a nut by a ever-hungry rodent.
    Syntia13
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Grayvie said:

Anyone else think she looks like she's just farted?
    QuartzPhilhelmAshiel
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Oh please, some of us are trying to have a meal here.
    JaxsbudgiePaladin[Deleted User]

Grayvie said:

Anyone else think she looks like she's just farted?
    IMO, it looks like she has a glass eye.... LOL
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited August 2012
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited November 2012
    @Lordkim
    Holy smoke but that picture is amazing! *loves*

On the topic of Imoen's face - apart from the fact that I was never very fond of BG1 portraits as a whole (strange coloring and even stranger lighting, and generally, not my fav style), I always considered Imoen's portrait to be the ugliest of BG1 female portraits. Yes, I considered Faldor's fierce scowl more appealing that that weird round thing.
    But recently I looked at it again, long and hard, and I said to myself, hey she looks exactly like my highschool friend, and she was pretty! What gives?
    So I looked harder and discovered what my problem with this picture was:
    1) Imoen is hunching her back, which doesn't look good on anybody, and
    2) She has the most unbecoming hair-do imaginable. The insane amounts of time and hair gel needed to get the hair to stick out on the sides like that aside, this hairstyle just plain doesn't fit her.

And I discovered the power of good hairdresser years ago, when I had a trouble convincing myself to romance Jaheira for a change, until I found in the net an alternate picture for her:

The difference was staggering (at least for me - I have some weird problems with perception of faces, perhaps normal people don't see much of a difference) :P

So now I pulled up a bunch of pictures, cut out hairs from them and pasted them on Imoen. Behold:

She suddenly looks much prettier, doesn't she? :)

EDIT (25.11.2012) Later I did another version of her, one that would make her look younger and another one that shows how she looks after putting on that cursed girdle:
    Post edited by Syntia13 on
    lolien
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I like my Imoen with a more pinkish or purplish hair :D But of the ones you posted I like the one on the top right and the on on the lower extreme right the best.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    Suddenly I feel like I'm surrounded by multiple Irenicus... ._.
    Her eyes....they're staring into my SOUL! :::runs away::::
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Guys, you can now vote for the one you like best...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3943/best-imoen-portrait#latest
    mjs
    I knew it - I freakin' knew it! All this time you guys were criticizing Viconia's portrait, you were dissing Cameron's wife! I totally knew it!

Also: the mismatches with the pictures make it kinda hard to fathom who's who after them. So Quale and Tiax are Daniel Walker? Jaheira-> friend of Mike's; Branwen -> Juliette; Dynaheir -> Leanne; Faldorn -> Dean's wife; Imoen -> ?!?; Minsc -> Dave Hibbeln. Correct?

Still need to know who's Imoen *misty-eyed emoticon*
    Nah, Imoen is indeed Dean Andersen's wife, Trent wrote that as well. The mismatches seem to only concern the specific image missing. It's weird, because Trent linked this exact picture in the post he made, but he must have been looking at a slightly modified one.
    AndreaColombo
    So the question remains as to who is Jaheira...
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    #4 is credited as a "friend of Mike".
    Funny. She looks exactly like a friend of mine.
    Maybe you're unknowingly only two degrees removed from the BG1 portrait artist.
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2012
    This thread is just hilarious.By far the thread that has made me laugh the most ;-)

I personally prefer BG1. I think it has more to do with it being the first game of the Saga I played.
    Post edited by Lekian on
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    Syntia13 said:

@Lordkim
    Holy smoke but that picture is amazing! *loves*

On the topic of Imoen's face - apart from the fact that I was never very fond of BG1 portraits as a whole (strange coloring and even stranger lighting, and generally, not my fav style), I always considered Imoen's portrait to be the ugliest of BG1 female portraits. Yes, I considered Faldor's fierce scowl more appealing that that weird round thing.
    But recently I looked at it again, long and hard, and I said to myself, hey she looks exactly like my highschool friend, and she was pretty! What gives?
    So I looked harder and discovered what my problem with this picture was:
    1) Imoen is hunching her back, which doesn't look good on anybody, and
    2) She has the most unbecoming hair-do imaginable. The insane amounts of time and hair gel needed to get the hair to stick out on the sides like that aside, this hairstyle just plain doesn't fit her.

And I discovered the power of good hairdresser years ago, when I had a trouble convincing myself to romance Jaheira for a change, until I found in the net an alternate picture for her:

The difference was staggering (at least for me - I have some weird problems with perception of faces, perhaps normal people don't see much of a difference) :P

So now I pulled up a bunch of pictures, cut out hairs from them and pasted them on Imoen. Behold:

She suddenly looks much prettier, doesn't she? :)

Really like the new Jaheria picture. The hair always bothered me. Do you have these posted anywhere to use in the game?
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    As for which portraits, I like the BG1 portraits more because they look like real people, not drawings. Not that the BG2 ones are bad, but they are darker (much like the game) and I prefer the 'brightness' of the first game.
    AndreaColombo
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Oh wow. I can never look at Shar-Teel and Viconia again. They are clearly the same person, now thatt I know that. Skie, too, of course, but I see it more with Shar-Teel and Viconia. And, Garrick looks suspiciously similar to the default CHARNAME portrait (the paladin-looking male).