Skip to content

Minsc won't shut up

Hi there
So I have a very annoying bug : Minsc keeps talking and talking... only thing that shuts him up is to put him berserk but after that he rekeeps talking indefinitely.
save and reload didn't help. rest didn't help. Kill him and resurrect didn't help...

What can I do ?
Thanks

Comments

• bobo696bobo696 Member Posts: 11
    Ok well by moving him around a bit he stoped!
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I've seen this behavior in other characters as well, it seems to be related to something going wonky before they walk over a trigger/special area that should be firing off a specific piece of dialog. But since something has gone wrong, they spatter out some random/generic nonsense over and over when that trigger keeps firing.

I remember in an MP game of BG2 with a friend, Korgan had this happen to him. We dropped him for awhile and continued on our merry way. At some point on a quest VERY far away from where we left him, the game panned over to him as if he was still in our party and he spoke a bit of dialog as if he was still in our party. It made for a very good laugh.

I think that issue is related to the one you mentioned with Minsc.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Varwulf‌ Did Korgan die in your game? This issue sounds similar to the local variable clearing issue with dead party members.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    This happened to me around two years ago in BG:EE with Yeslick.
    I was playing on iPad.
    I killed the freaking Dwarf and that's the only reason why I don't use him anymore.
    Edit: of course, after killing him I realoded a save and even took him to the end of the game.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @CrevsDaak‌ I am fairly certain that was a different issue, and a legacy bug with Yeslick. It has since been fixed I believe...
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @Tresset Nah, he didn't die, which makes it even more interesting :P
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Minsc is good and all, but sometimes is pretty annoying. Just replace him with another npc...