Skip to content

Cheats on Android

How do you enable cheats in Android? Is it the same as the PC version?

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The CLUA console can be turned on via the balduer.ini file (just like on the PC) but the game does not recognize the keyboard command that brings it up (Android does not see the ctrl key by default). They are working on a fix for this. Once it works you will still need a physical keyboard to use the command.
    SCARY_WIZARDlolien
  • vnkwerjauvnkwerjau Member Posts: 28
    I see. hope they fix it soon. thnx.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    You can also edit a save file on your computer and then transfer it to the android device :)
  • Stormweaver1983Stormweaver1983 Member Posts: 13

You can also edit a save file on your computer and then transfer it to the android device :)

I've been trying to do this, but I'm running into a problem since I don't have a copy of BG installed on my computer. Any thoughts on a workaround for this?

Okay. So I've managed to get the game files transferred from my phone to computer. I'm trying to run EE Keeper, but it isn't recognizing the saved game file.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hmm, maybe you have to make a "fake" install directory? The important thing for EEkeeper to know is the savegame dircetory as far as I know... Maybe @Troodon80‌ can help you :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Aristillius, you (and others) can see the most recent post in the Keeper topic. It's very easy to create a 'fake' installation directory.
    Aristillius
    Got it working!
    AristilliusNianek
  • Mage3Mage3 Member Posts: 8
    Just to clarify:

I have a ASUS transformer with a physical keyboard. By adding....... 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', to the .ini file I CAN enable CLUAconsole however I can not do anything with it at this time because Android does not recognize the "Ctrl" key whiich is used to open the console?

Where can I follow the developement of this fix or is there any workaround currently available?

UPDATE:

The code added to the .ini file must not have saved the first time. I tried 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',again and success!!!

Using an ASUS transformer Infinity TF700 with a keyboard, CLUAConsole DOES in fact work. I was able to use "CTRL+8" during character creation, "CTRL+J" to jump to cursor on screen as well. "CTRL+M" brings up the console during game play, not "CTRL+SPACE BAR".

For anyone interested, in a file manager on Android (I suggest Solid Explorer) go to Android>Data>com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition>files and open up Baldur.ini. Enter 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', under the "Insert into options rows....", along with all the other settings, then save.

Mage3 said:

UPDATE:

The code added to the .ini file must not have saved the first time. I tried 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',again and success!!!

Using an ASUS transformer Infinity TF700 with a keyboard, CLUAConsole DOES in fact work. I was able to use "CTRL+8" during character creation, "CTRL+J" to jump to cursor on screen as well. "CTRL+M" brings up the console during game play, not "CTRL+SPACE BAR".

For anyone interested, in a file manager on Android (I suggest Solid Explorer) go to Android>Data>com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition>files and open up Baldur.ini. Enter 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', under the "Insert into options rows....", along with all the other settings, then save.

Good to know, I was trying to use "CTRL+SPACE" since that is what brings it up on the PC.

• thejackle123thejackle123 Member Posts: 10
    I was wondering about the CTRL thing because I use hackers keyboard, that has CTRL, and CTRL+V/C/A etc work.
    I only cheat when I encounter a game/quest breaking glitch and I haven't encountered one but still good to know.
    While I am able to do the CTRL+ cheats, I am unable to do any CLUAConsole: commands. I am trying to set experience points so I can test out a dual class character and see how his progression will go.

I press CTRL+M to bring up the console.
    CLUAConsole is written there but no ":" (colon)
    If I add the colon so it looks like this CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("4001") nothing happens
    I've tried deleting the whole line and starting over and writing CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("4001") but still nothing

If anyone can get the console commands to actually work, not just the CTRL+ commands, please post how. I'm mainly concerned to know they work in case it's needed to overcome any bugs later on.
    Mage3 said:

While I am able to do the CTRL+ cheats, I am unable to do any CLUAConsole: commands. I am trying to set experience points so I can test out a dual class character and see how his progression will go.

I press CTRL+M to bring up the console.
    CLUAConsole is written there but no ":" (colon)
    If I add the colon so it looks like this CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("4001") nothing happens
    I've tried deleting the whole line and starting over and writing CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("4001") but still nothing

If anyone can get the console commands to actually work, not just the CTRL+ commands, please post how. I'm mainly concerned to know they work in case it's needed to overcome any bugs later on.

I have yet to try this on my tablet, but I know on the PC both CTRL+M and CTRL+SPACE bring up the console, but only when using CTRL+SPACE will any of the "CLUAConsole" commands work. I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the two consoles are meant to do different things, and one of them still does not work on tablets.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Yeah, CTRL+M is not the actual console—at least on PC. CTRL+M is for debug information about objects (containers, creatures, triggers, area information, etc) directly under the cursor. It doesn't act in the same way that CTRL+Space does. It could be different on Android, but I cannot test that since I do not have a keyboard for my tablet.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    On Android, I only get the Ctrl-M console and its behaviour matches you description of the debug console: it outputs a long list of information on the local area whatever command I use.
    Ctrl-Space doesn't do anything, although other typical shortcuts such as Tab for highlithing things work.

Regarding the absence of a physical keyboard, someone called Peter Johnson posted a message explaining how to do the same with a virtual keyboard, although the console is non mentioned among the examples.
    Just reading threads below I found one very interesting thing in the discussion about how to get the missing HUD (interface) on an Android device without hardware keyboard (in this case it was about the urgent need to press H when there is no keyboard shown).
    Since this could be potentially very useful, I think it deserves its own topic. In short - there is a way how to force to show the keyboard in the full screen game like BG.

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/28045/is-there-any-way-to-manually-bring-up-the-keyboard

I tested the combination of "Hacker's Keyboard" and "Smart Status Bar" mentioned there and it really works in the Baldur's Gate...
    So far I was just playing with removing/allowing HUD (H) or opening an inventory window (I), but I guess this could be potentially useful for console etc. (I am not sure whether the console is supported in the Android version or not).

I take no credit for this information, I just repeat what I read buried in another thread.
    One thing I like about Android is that even after almost 2 years of using it (and on my second device), there are still things which surprise me and show how incredibly flexible the system is and how many useful small things can be made by ingenious programmers... :-)
  • DeadricDeadric Member Posts: 1
    So, any suggestions on how to get the CLUAConsole (or C:) to work? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the console to accept a command. Is it just that the developers haven't granted access to that feature yet?
    It seems like part of the problem is with the "space bar". Even when using the keyboard to type the name of a save game in or to add notes to the journal, the space bar is not recognized. For example, I could only add a note to the journal that looks like this:

Goldenpantaloonsareinchest3rdfloor
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the next patch, you can use Ctrl-Enter on Android to get the console bar to show up. It will function the same way as Ctrl-Space.
    SCARY_WIZARD