Skip to content

No quest for limited wish?

I finally got my party of multis to the point that Aerie can cast limited wish, but I am not offered the option (as a one-time only wish) for an adventure unlike any other. I thought Aerie's wisdom of 16 would be enough, but tried again after a potion of insight (18 Wisdom) and still no option to start the limited wish adventure. Are there any other special conditions to trigger this? Do I need to cast as the main PC? Is it no longer available in chapter 6? (I know I need to run the adventure before I get to ToB if I want to run it at all).

I am a sucker for XP so want to complete every last quest before chasing down Bodhi - I have just the wish quest and Trademeet left (and who would have predicted Trademeet as the final quest before the showdown?!) Oh, and I should probably draw out a few more cowled wizards for casting magic in the streets, just to prove a point...

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think that's wish, not limited wish. But I heard the ee's changed the wish spells a little.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    It's limited wish, and I casted a couple of days ago with Aerie.
    Maybe you did something wrong, like entering the Delosar's Inn and killing Captan Dennis.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @meagloth‌

The quest should start with the 7th level spell Limited wish, not the 9th level spell Wish.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/limited-wish-quest.php

@GreenWarlock‌

The quest is in the game, it runs ok. Maybe you have already killed the party in Delosar's Inn?

Also, maybe this thread can help (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27941/limited-wish-quest)?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Thanks - I just went to Delosar's Inn and there is no sign of any other adventuring party there. I guess this must be some accidental fall-out from when I was sent there for a Neera quest. I don't remember specifically engaging the party (I am not the bloodthirsty sort) but vaguely recall getting mugged on the top floor, possibly after some verbal sparring. I'm guessing that must have been it (I have never actually tried the quest before, so don't know who I am looking for, but can spot that no-one is there!)