Skip to content

New stylized portrait pack

13»

Comments

• jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    Another portrait is completed. Here is Hexxat or
    "Hexxat"
    you might say. I had quite a lot of fun with the tone and style of this one. I always like doing a background that is more stylized now and then, especially since most of my recent BG2 portraits have had backgrounds based on game locations.
    IsandirKidCarnivalCrevsDaakIllustair
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    I think some of your most recent ones are among your best so far. Character touches have always been a strength in your portraits, but I particularly like Tiax and Hexxat.
    Thanks. I try to find something interesting to add or attempt with each new portrait to avoid being too repetitive. I really liked how both of those portraits turned out as well. I'm excited to work on Hexxat's other portrait but I want to get a better feel for her character and background before I move on to that one.
    Edwin's second portrait is now complete. For this portrait I wanted to focus on the more relaxed and indolent lifestyle he has had since he joined the Shadow Thieves.
    SanctiferCrevsDaakIllustair
    It's been a little while, but I've found the time to finish a new portrait for Viconia. I tried some minor changes to her colors from my first portrait and used the background to show her persecution by Llolth.
    CrevsDaakSanctifer
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    This is awesome...and creepy! Haha my complaint is how will I ever find PC portraits to match them?
    Thanks! Creating a library of PC portraits to go with them is actually something I have been working on. The thread is at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19185/stylized-charname-portraits#latest

I put my PC portrait project aside to work on BG2 characters, but if you want to leave a request under the guidelines that I suggest in the thread I would be happy to work on it as soon as I finish up the NPCs.
    Illustair
  • Princess_SarahPrincess_Sarah Member Posts: 39
    I love what you have done with these - I will definitely have to play a run through using them :)
    Thanks! I've slowed down on these a bit because of work and some other things, but I'm determined to get all of the NPCs for BG2 finished. I've just completed a new portrait for Mazzy.
    Bodhi has now been added to the pack. This was a fun portrait and I think it compliments the one I did for Irenicus nicely.
    Sanctifer
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    LOVE this
    Valygar is now in the portrait pack. I tried to make his armor more similar to its in-game graphic and used a spectral family tree to suggest the weight he feels regarding his family line.
    Sanctifer
    Another portrait, Haer'Dalis, is now in the portrait pack. I've always disliked his original portrait and thought that he looked a bit too smarmy, so I enjoyed making him seem more reckless and dangerous. I've also always thought that he would look cooler with some horns.
    Sanctifer
    Another portrait is finished. Here is a new one for Ellesime, the elven queen of Suldanessellar.
    JuliusBorisov
    Cernd has now been added to the portrait pack.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited August 2014
    It's been a little while, but I've now added
    [Spoiler]
    the real Hexxat

Hexxat II (Spoiler) by jakaminski on deviantART
    [/Spoiler]
    to the portrait pack. It took me all the way to the end of her quest in Throne of Bhaal to really feel like I learned much of anything about her backstory and character (other than the fact that she is enigmatic, guarded, and mysterious obviously).
    Post edited by jakaminski on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited August 2014
    It's been a little while, but I've now added
    [Spoiler]
    the real Hexxat

Hexxat II (Spoiler) by jakaminski on deviantART
    [/Spoiler]
    to the portrait pack. It took me all the way to the end of her quest in Throne of Bhaal to really feel like I learned much of anything about her backstory and character (other than the fact that she is enigmatic, guarded, and mysterious obviously).
    Post edited by jakaminski on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    I've added Nalia to the portrait pack. There are only a few portraits left from BG2 now and after that I will try and do all of the NPCs from ToB.
    JuliusBorisovSanctiferlolien
    BG2's secret character [Spoiler]Wilson
    Wilson by jakaminski on DeviantArt[/Spoiler] has been added to the portrait pack. Keldorn is the only one left for Shadows of Amn.
    JuliusBorisovlolien