Skip to content

Tirdir Quest rendered unwinnable.

Brau_1589Brau_1589 Member Posts: 3
In the original game if you killed Am-Si, the guy in red clothes, then you could go inside the hideout and fight the other two conspirators. The two would have a special dialogue if you took this route.

However in the EE you can't get into the hideout at all if you kill Am-Si, rendering the quest unwinnable. Also there is still a square of missing background near Am-Si.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Brau_1589,

I cannot find any issue on my end; see attached screenshot.

Couple quick questions:
    1. What platform are you using (Windows, Mac, etc.)?
    2. What version of the game are you running?
    3. Are you using any mods?
    4. If no the using any mods, do you have a saved game you can upload before and after killing Am-Si?
  • Brau_1589Brau_1589 Member Posts: 3
    PC, Steam, Only Dungeon-Be-Gone is modded
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Did you force kill Am-Si before talking to him.
  • Brau_1589Brau_1589 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, if you kill him before speaking to him in the original then the door is unlocked.
    edited May 2014
    Will have a look in a bit.

The square has been reported previously, can't remember the number offhand. (edit: 7025)
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    Are you sure about this?

BGII:EE has this
    IF
    Global("AmsiHouse","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Unlock("DOOR0507")
    SetGlobal("AmsiHouse","GLOBAL",2)
    MoveToPointNoInterrupt([1440.3664])
    END

BG2 has this
    IF
    Global("AmsiHouse","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Unlock("DOOR0507")
    SetGlobal("AmsiHouse","GLOBAL",2)
    MoveToPointNoInterrupt([1440.3664])
    END

In both games the AmsiHouse variable isset from his dialogue (Open the door boys. I gotta get in.)

I can remember killing him after the dialogue; blocking his path works well.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

I can remember killing him after the dialogue; blocking his path works well.

One question: is Am-si one of the guys that buried alive a dude in the graveyard? I thought the one in red was named Reti :P whose the one with the Boots of Avoidance, right?

If so, I can confirm that it does break in vanilla too if you don't talk to him. IIRC in vanilla he initiated dialogue when you approached him, not sure.
    Am-si is the guy in red outside, hence why you can match the fragment of cloth to what he is wearing :)

Reti and Camitis are inside.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    @Gate70‌ can confirm bug being existant in vanilla BG2 and in BG2:EE if you don't talk to him before killing him (Am-si).
    Seems good for me to report, but make a clarification so the dialogue is automatically started when the Player1 is near Am-si.
    IF
    See([PC])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Dialog([PC])
    END
    Edit1: i don't recall the right action to initiate dialog, check the action.ids or the IESDP.
    Edit2: NVM edit 1, fixed it by checking the IESDP myself :p
    I'd question if this should be regarded as a bug. Killing someone before they squeal means you have no leads and it is an optional quest. The door could be bolted from the inside and not pickable with them only unbolting it when Am-Si calls out.

(& his dialogue could be triggered if talked to or attacked rather than proximity. It would feel unrealistic for him to spill the beans because he saw somebody he'd not encountered before)

Any thoughts @Dee
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd need a saved game to see this for myself. Personally I dislike no-win scenarios, which is what this sounds like even if it's an edge case.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited May 2014
    @Dee,

I just managed to get there and try it out and make a save, so I'm attaching a save from just prior to attacking him. Simple steps:
    1. Talk to Am-Si, after the conversation attack and kill him. CTRL+Y for quickness.
    2. Note the journal entry, StrRef: 34311 *, which states that Am-Si has entered the house—even if you happen to kill him before he does.
      Find the kidnappers who buried Tirdir

I found the man in red responsible for Tirdir, but he seems to fear his partners more than any punishment at my hands. He fled into a house, and no doubt that is where his fellow conspirators will be.
    3. The door will be unlocked, however, and the player can gain entry.
    Next:
    1. Before initiating dialogue, attack and kill Am-Si or use CTRL+Y for quickness.
    2. Note that there is no journal entry.
    3. Note that, upon trying to enter the building where Am-Si's companions are, the door is still locked. This blocks the quest.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Alright, I can confirm that the door doesn't get unlocked if you kill Am-Si before talking to him. But I also can't think of a single good reason why it should be. You're definitely not supposed to kill Am-Si before you confront him; you need to find out who his co-conspirators are so that you can solve the quest, and if you kill him before you get him to talk you put yourself in a dead end.

So I'm going to say this is working as intended, and try not to kill him before he talks next time.
    Troodon80JuliusBorisov