Skip to content

[GUI Mod] BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE (for v1.3 only)

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited May 2014
    After few thoughts i would prefer to have this:

Rather than this:
    Adding wallpaper will break this great smilarity between BG1:EE and BG2:EE your mod creates. So if you will want to add them please make it optional.
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @Etamin: As I said, this will be part of GUI tweaks mod, which is stand-alone and works for BG2:EE too. So it will be obviously optional, as it is now and I can easily make versions for both BG:EE and BG2:EE.
  • sascha_m_bsascha_m_b Member Posts: 11
    Hey, @Pecca

Thanks for a great mod. I've noticed that Assign Keys window has a missing footer.

Also, wondering if it is possible with BG:EE engine to run Black Pits and BG each with their own interface theme. Any idea?
    @sascha_m_b: thanks, will fix. As for your question, next update of the mod will contain different titles and logos, as it is in BG2:EE (these screenshots are still work in progress).

geminibruniEtaminsascha_m_bkungfuhobbit
    @Pecca - also, not sure if you've noticed already, but there's a small glitch in window "4 4" of GUICG.CHU.
    Label "40 39" should have text reference 31857. This is dice rolling GUI of character generation.
    @sascha_m_b: yeah, I already noticed that, it will be fixed in the next update.
    How is your work going? Do you still plan to update this mod?
    @Etamin: Yes, I thought that the 1.3 patch would ve released way sooner and so I planned to release the update shortly after. I don't have as much time in the Summer but I'm definitely planning to release it.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Great Work @Pecca for the news mainscreens, I only suggerst to modify the color of the Balck Pits titles, the golden Style was better, and make the eye of the helmet darker...
    CrevsDaak
    @geminibruni: the black pits title graphic is original. I'm affraid I don't have the necessary skill to make it look like the baldur's gate title, if that's what you mean.
    geminibruni
    Will you make it till next week? It seems patch is right around the corner :)
    @Etamin: Can't say. First I will check and adapt the game for GUI changes, then I will have to redo a lot of bams, because I externalized them incorrectly. And I have to finish those start screens. It all depends on the time I will have.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I just downloaded the BG2 for BG1 mod (no tweaks), and it looks great so far.

However, it would seem that there are a few text errors created by the new engine. For example, in the character creation screen, a message that says "Invalid80805" is listed where the word "total" should be.

Also, when I exported my character after beginning the game, there was a rather bizarre comment about the nature of her stomach.

Pecca
    Thanks, I will fix all that in the next version.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Pecca said:

Thanks, I will fix all that in the next version.

Another minor (and somewhat strange) text error:

@SharGuidesMyHand: Good catch. These errors happen when BG2:EE uses different strings than BG:EE for the same labels. String numbers are transfered along with GUI files and end up displaying different string in BG:EE. Luckily, there are only few of these.
    Hi Pecca, you can make the same redesign work to the first start screen???

This:image
    @geminibruni: Is that a stand-alone launcher? I don't see it anywhere within the game files, but I don't use it anyway. I launch the game with baldur.exe.
    @Pecca, it' s a Overhul launcher page, not present for the Steam version , I have bought the game in the Beamdog store...
    @geminibruni: Still, you can skip it with launching baldur.exe in your core folder. I can't do nothing with that page, as I don't know where its source art is from.
    The 1.4 update is pretty much in the state of readiness. I might even be able to release it in the same day the patch comes out.
    EtaminAstroBryGuy
    I've been experimenting with some vanilla graphics and I quite like it. I might include it in GUI tweaks one day.

AstroBryGuyCrevsDaakgeminibruniOxva
    And some vanilla graphics for startscreen with background.

CrevsDaakgeminibruni
    All went well, so I uploaded new file "GUI Tweaks for BG2EE" to my spellhold page. It contains three subfolders. Original tweaks, background for startscreens and edges for in-game windows (If you want to use all, make sure to put edges *after* original tweaks).
    I made it for BG2:EE only (though original tweaks and edges will work with some invalid strings) and I will make it for BG:EE after the patch comes out.

Screenshots:

• kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Pecca said:

I've been experimenting with some vanilla graphics and I quite like it. I might include it in GUI tweaks one day.

What are the vanilla graphics you've changed in the screenshot please?

Your mod looks to become the most indispensable of all mods.
    Cant wait for new bgee backgrounds
    Is 'no dead spaces' released and part of it please?

@kungfuhobbit: It's the edges of the window, so it's not just a rectangle anymore. But that one is actually a photoshop image from when I got the idea. The real screenshot is in the spoiler tag in my previous post (it's just more polished).

About "no dead spaces", you mean the transparent sidebars? For that I would need 2-3 testers, each with different screen resolutions (that are not 1680/1050, because that's mine) and some basic knowledge of DLTCEP or NI. I would give them a .chu file with duplicated controls and they would need to match those with the original ones on their resolution. Then, I would gather the coordinates and hopefully extrapolate an equation, which WeiDU could use to patch any resolution.
    Pecca said:

About "no dead spaces", you mean the transparent sidebars? For that I would need 2-3 testers, each with different screen resolutions (that are not 1680/1050, because that's mine) and some basic knowledge of DLTCEP or NI. I would give them a .chu file with duplicated controls and they would need to match those with the original ones on their resolution. Then, I would gather the coordinates and hopefully extrapolate an equation, which WeiDU could use to patch any resolution.

Hey, @Pecca! If you still need someone with 1366x768, I could check on that on my laptop over the weekend.
    @sascha_m_b: sure, I'll post the file here. Though I forgot to add, the way this works is that the buttons are "hard set" on the screen, so they will block the edge of the map (although there are few pixels between). I use the space under the buttons to reach the edge, there is plenty on 1050 height. But there will be only little space with 768 height, but you can try it and see if it works for you.

Anyway, you must match the duplicates with the originals exactly. Use "z/y" and "u" buttons to collapse and restore the original sidebars, the duplicates will be over them, so you will see the difference in positions.

When you load up GUIW10.chu with DLTCEP, you will see four additional windows at the bottom of the "select window" menu (numbers 30-33, with IDs 0 and 1). The first one (30) goes the the upper left, 31 goes to the bottom left. 32 goes the upper right and 33 goes to the bottom right. You must alter coordinates in "Position" lines, next to ID. Oh, and do it in BG:EE, just to be sure. If you have any questions, ask away.

And thanks:)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    CrevsDaak